PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from South Africa

Opel f
11th July 2013, 03:17 PM
Hallo

Justin is the name and I’m from South-Africa (JHB). I have two Opel’s, a Kadett F 200is (2L 8v) and an Astra F 200ts (2L 16v Turbo). I absolutely love my Opel’s.

Stumbled onto your site while looking for an Opel body for a RC car.

I thought Opel was/is Holden in Oz?

Thx

guy 27
11th July 2013, 03:18 PM
Welcome to oa

faneca
11th July 2013, 05:35 PM
Welcome along mate!

Opels were sold as holdens but as of last year the Opel brand has hit Aussie shore under its own flag

dutchy
11th July 2013, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Justin.

Opel f
12th July 2013, 01:26 AM
Thx guys

It has always puzzled me why there are different names for our cars? (Opel, Vauxhall, Holden and Saturn)

corsa-mal
20th July 2013, 08:46 AM
Hi, I am from CT RSA now living in Australia, had a lile astra and corsa in sa, got little astra in Aus, and now just bought two barinas (Corsa in SA) for the kids, one a SRI 1800,busy preparing it for a respray, so excited, think i'll keep it for myself! Holden did badge the Astra's and Corsa's as holden, but now Opel is back in Australia.

Opel f
22nd July 2013, 07:21 AM
Thx for the welcome corsa-mal. Ja I also love the corsa's I had a 2002 Corsa B UTE (140is) and my mother has a Corsa Lite + (1.4L)
Glad to see that Opel is growing in Oz, here in South Africa GM is punting Chev allot and Opel is getting the shorter end of the stick. (my 2c opinion).

rodsfromday
14th August 2013, 04:59 PM
Howzat brother. Welcome to the site. 200ts is bozz. My one relative dices the 200ts for sns.Man that thing is quick. I had the 160i wagon once and 1400 kadett. Our company had a 200i stationwagon and I used it a couple of times going to jozi and got fined a few times as well.

Opel f
15th August 2013, 06:09 AM
Howzat brother. Welcome to the site. 200ts is bozz. My one relative dices the 200ts for sns.Man that thing is quick. I had the 160i wagon once and 1400 kadett. Our company had a 200i stationwagon and I used it a couple of times going to jozi and got fined a few times as well.

cool man, thx for the welcome

yes the Speed and Sound boys are very quick.

chris_r
15th August 2013, 08:14 AM
Glad to see that Opel is growing in Oz, here in South Africa GM is punting Chev allot and Opel is getting the shorter end of the stick. (my 2c opinion).

Well for the 11 months they were on sale for here anyway.....

In terms of GM, Holden may as well be Chevrolet and the same happens here too.

Nice looking cars by the way. We got the Astra F models here, but with some pretty boring engines.

Opel f
16th August 2013, 06:04 AM
Well for the 11 months they were on sale for here anyway.....

In terms of GM, Holden may as well be Chevrolet and the same happens here too.

Nice looking cars by the way. We got the Astra F models here, but with some pretty boring engines.

Yes it sucks/fu**ed up that Opel is pulling out on you guys – really BAD!

I was shocked to see/read the post about “Opel quits the Aus market” wtf?

I don’t think Chev’s are bad cars but I think Opel’s are allot better (my opinion); I might be a bit biased. Ha-ha

Thx for the comment on my cars
Yes in South-Africa the Opel f’s had engine options of 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, and 2L motors. Only the TS Astra and TS Kadett was turbo’d and no Diesel options.