PDA

View Full Version : bra10n - new member

bra10n
11th July 2013, 12:56 PM
Hi folks,
I went looking for the old clubcalibra.org site and ended up here. I was a dormant member of that site for a number of years and signed up here as I am about to restore my cali and will have a few requests for info and need some advice no doubt!
Thanks and hello!

guy 27
11th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Welcome to OA

dutchy
11th July 2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

faneca
11th July 2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome along! What sort of plans do you have in mind for your resto?

bra10n
11th July 2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

I have a 1994 Calibra c20xe and have a full respray planned in the next month or two...
Some front end damage, (radiator support panel) to be replaced from a donor car.
Colour will be green or white (original) not sure as yet.
Donor car came with a reiger style body kit, lenso 18's, new bucket exhaust, bonnet extension, angels with adjustable motors (yes!), all which will be going on.
The interior is tidy enough as I had the roof lining and carpet replaced not so long ago. Seats are stock but ok.

Just trying hard not to think too far ahead for now, until I get this far that is...

ChrisMaz
11th July 2013, 06:54 PM
Welcome along mate.

(Cali's look amazing in that Turbo Green)

bra10n
11th July 2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome along mate.

(Cali's look amazing in that Turbo Green)

Yeah I've long been an admirer of Steva's cali

http://www.clubvauxhall.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1591

EddeyDancer
22nd July 2013, 07:19 PM
What part of Sydney do you reside?

I'm probably not too far away, and maybe able to help out with certain aspects...

Chat soon...

johnsons
27th July 2013, 01:15 PM
welcome.. Be glad that you sin up here. you must can receive the infofr that you want

bra10n
23rd October 2013, 11:03 PM
Due to some family issues my project has been on hold.

The GOOD news is that I'm now finally clear to get things going. The painter has suggested I wait until the new year for the respray so I have until then to collect some bits and pieces I still require; tyres, mirrors etc. Will keep this thread updated as I progress.

Cheers

Mycal
24th October 2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah I've long been an admirer of Steva's cali

http://www.clubvauxhall.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1591

His Green/Cream combo is so very nice. I have always wanted mine to look that good.
Aus. Cali Turbo Green is quite different though. "Neptune Turquoise" as its called, changes colours in different lights.
Dark Green/Blue in the Shade to Puprle/Blue in the sunshine.
Much better than the Red - having both to compare.
Both greens are great colours though.

bra10n
24th October 2013, 08:44 PM
Cheers Mycal,

Steva's Cali is Rio Verde green IIRC. After seeing some photos of how his Cali turned out I guess mine was always going to end up the same colour.

His is a high standard to try and replicate though, but I'm shamelessly going to try :cornut:

EddeyDancer
24th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

I have a 1994 Calibra c20xe and have a full respray planned... Colour will be either green or white (original) not sure as yet...
Donor car came with a reiger style body kit, lenso 18's, new bucket exhaust, bonnet extension, angels with adjustable motors (yes!)

I'd stick with the Original Colour, as a complete colour change is a very big job...
Your Donor seems to have some great features, so you should have a very nice Calibra, between the two...
Hope fully you'll get it on the road within the next 6 months...

bra10n
25th October 2013, 09:23 AM
Cheers Eddey,

I realise the extra work involved in changing colours but that's why I'm paying my painter a considerable sum of money.
He knows how fussy I am and has priced the job accordingly.

6 months is about the right time frame.

poita
25th October 2013, 09:30 AM
Expect 12 months

adam_92
25th October 2013, 09:32 AM
Expect 12 months

+ a bit more...

bra10n
25th October 2013, 11:04 AM
Expect 12 months
+ a bit more...

It's only a respray with some front end repair.

Ok. Mark the date. I know only pic's sometime in early April 14 will suffice...:smile5:

poita
25th October 2013, 11:31 AM
Date marked