PDA

View Full Version : 18" Rims

natalie22
3rd July 2013, 03:03 PM
Getting new 18" for my Astra, but having a hard time finding alot that will fit the 5 stud pattern.
I'm after black deep dish or just standard black.

Any suggestions??

Shadow110
3rd July 2013, 03:20 PM
I may have some 18s if you are after some.... check the for sale thread...

Elliot_O
3rd July 2013, 03:25 PM
Depends on the colour of the car.
My 18's are silver with a chrome lip and my car is silver. subtle.

guy 27
3rd July 2013, 03:34 PM
Wheels are a personal choice. Find what you like. There are plenty of options out there. Lots of aftermarket wheels are made as blanks so they can be drilled to any stud pattern.

natalie22
3rd July 2013, 04:06 PM
I've been to the local tyre store and it was a long difficult visit haha I know what I like just to find them to fit.... :/
My cars silver but I'm wanting to go black and silver no chrome. Slightly evil looking :)

imtfbundy
3rd July 2013, 06:30 PM
I went through about three sets of wheels with my Astra, sadly it comes down to the fact if the person at the tyre shop can be bothered looking for some that suit. I'm still waiting for a callback from one place =/

Elliot_O
4th July 2013, 08:00 AM
TBH it'd be easier if you just looked yourself, it may take a while, but you'll know exactly what you're getting.
5 x 110 stud pattern suited Saabs, some Volvos, some Mercedes' and Opel/Vauxhall.
Good luck! I found mine off ebay from Sydney

Milesy
4th July 2013, 02:58 PM
If I were you I'd stick to factory wheels rather than aftermarket rims. You could probably pick up a set of AH SRi-T rims off someone here in the forum and then just get them painted black. Good luck

natalie22
4th July 2013, 03:04 PM
Why do you think factory wheels are better?

Elliot_O
4th July 2013, 03:40 PM
They're generally lighter, plus you know that the offset and stud pattern is correct.
Lighter meaning faster and more fuel economic. Puts less stress on your transmission/engine too:)