PDA

View Full Version : Opel Astra OPC with 'V' plates?

OPC1
1st July 2013, 12:46 PM
I picked up my OPC1 from Berwick on Saturday morning and saw a nice red model that was being picked up in the afternoon.

I know that this person must be a member here, as he knew that my car had been 'bought'. OK, who are you?!? :smile5:

rujo
1st July 2013, 06:40 PM
I picked up the red one on Saturday afternoon. Adam told me they delivered one in the morning.

OPC1
2nd July 2013, 12:28 PM
It was I. Adam reckoned you were pretty keen! Hope you enjoyed it...as did your passenger.

rujo
2nd July 2013, 07:24 PM
Yep enjoying every minute and so far all good. I haven't tried the USB port and only used navigation once. I did noticed that fuel consumption is higher then on my old VXR. Although similar to the old VXR still a big difference. I think it will take a while to get used to it. It feels much bigger then the previous model.

eddysdaman
2nd July 2013, 07:36 PM
I'm 4000kms down. Don't expect the fuel to improve any time soon. Old VXR got on average 10-20% better economy. Figure that one out???
Also, yeah, the adjustment period will take a while. She is a wide load. lol

mickos
2nd July 2013, 08:39 PM
I'm 4000kms down. Don't expect the fuel to improve any time soon. Old VXR got on average 10-20% better economy. Figure that one out???
Also, yeah, the adjustment period will take a while. She is a wide load. lol

Exhaust and tune mate is calling

OPC1
3rd July 2013, 12:31 PM
Yep enjoying every minute and so far all good. I haven't tried the USB port and only used navigation once. I did noticed that fuel consumption is higher then on my old VXR. Although similar to the old VXR still a big difference. I think it will take a while to get used to it. It feels much bigger then the previous model.

I've been using my iPod (Classic?) in the USB port and it has one added benefit - it charges it at the same time. So, not only do I not have to put up with radio DJ's, but I can run it at work without recharging it first...

Petrol, well it's not quite the same as the 18km/l (about 5.6l/100km) I was getting with my 1400GTR and it doesn't have quite the pickup. But it's nice and warm. And, not having a regular car previously (Mrs OPC1's Honda Civic Sport doesn't count), I'm just getting used to having something that I cannot see the extremities of. Which makes parking a slow and steady experience at the moment... but I'm learning!