PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Infusion?

BarneyG
5th January 2005, 09:15 AM
Hey All, I need to know about plastic infusion :?:

I cracked and broke a piece of my Astra SRi body kit, that is around the exhaust pipe :( In order to get this fixed I can have the whole bit replaced or have it fixed using plastic infusion!

Has anyone ever had this plastic infusion? If so what was the results like? Where you happy with the outcome?

And lastly could someone recommend a panel shop, in the North Eastern Suburbs off Melbourne for this?

Thanks a Million!!!!! 8)

Anonymous
5th January 2005, 10:40 AM
You won't see that it has been repaired if you get it Plastic Welded.
A Good Shop in the North-ish Suburbs is Master Finish on St Georges Rd, Northcote(Thats if they're still there) They do Excellent :D

Or just ringing a Few Body Kit Places/Panel Shops in the Yellow Pages.

I hope that helps :D

ecstasy
5th January 2005, 08:00 PM
get in contact with some motorcycle shop, they always have someone that does plastic welding (bike fairing are very expensive, thus the cheaper solution) like they said up, once painted u wont notice a thing.

BarneyG
6th January 2005, 08:47 AM
Cheer's Fella's :wink:

blueraven
7th January 2005, 02:50 AM
yeah i have had some work done, and even done some plastic welding myself. its not all that hard, and even if you dont get it to look great with plastic, at least you get the strength and then you use filler to smooth it out.

so i wouldnt worry, and decent panel place(especially bike places) will do a good job.