PDA

View Full Version : SB interiour lights??

JTaylorTeam
23rd June 2013, 08:13 PM
hey guys should i have lights in my vent and heater controls?? cause they have never lite up since ive owned my beast

chris_r
23rd June 2013, 09:26 PM
hey guys should i have lights in my vent and heater controls?? cause they have never lite up since ive owned my beast

You should, but the globes always blow. You could probably try getting some LEDs in there though.

JTaylorTeam
24th June 2013, 07:21 PM
You should, but the globes always blow. You could probably try getting some LEDs in there though.

alrighty thanks man ill rip it apart and get some on the weekend. :D

JTaylorTeam
25th June 2013, 08:26 PM
hey mate how do you remove the face??? ive got all the knobs off and screws un done, and also where it clips in. yet it still wont come off!!! HELP! haha.

chris_r
25th June 2013, 08:32 PM
So, did you take the face off, or pull the panel out? You did also get the two screws behind the vents too?

JTaylorTeam
26th June 2013, 07:38 PM
So, did you take the face off, or pull the panel out? You did also get the two screws behind the vents too?

i cant get the face off. yes all the screws are out. something in the centre seems to be holding the face on! i dont wanna yank it off just incase i snap something.

chris_r
26th June 2013, 08:59 PM
i cant get the face off. yes all the screws are out. something in the centre seems to be holding the face on! i dont wanna yank it off just incase i snap something.

Yeah, this is why I usually just lift the entire panel out. A bit of fiddling around undoing the heater/recirc control cables and the big plug for the fan control (mark which one is connected to the panel, as there's a second plug hidden and floating in there which is used for AC or non-AC) and it's easier to lift out. Pulling just the fascia off is a pain as it's clipped to the back half (the white plastic part behind the fascia) and forcefully removing it will only end in curse words.

JTaylorTeam
27th June 2013, 06:20 PM
ok man awesome. haha. cant wait to do it then.