PDA

View Full Version : Deposit Paid

caspers turbo
22nd June 2013, 07:24 AM
Well after saving all my pennies and humming and arrring i have finally paid the depsoit on my new Astra OPC in Arden Blue, rocking on 20inch rims and AFL light package, should get my new baby late July:boorny:

will probably sell my 2003 SRIT private, 160,000 k's on the clock, in great condition, Silver, if anyone is looking for one, PM me

mickos
22nd June 2013, 07:46 AM
Nice one mate, will be a tidy upgrade

faneca
22nd June 2013, 08:00 AM
Congrats on the purchase mate!

dutchy
22nd June 2013, 08:49 AM
Nice, am sure you'll enjoy the new one.

caspers turbo
22nd June 2013, 01:27 PM
Brando, clear out you inbox, tried to reply but says your full.

Brando47
22nd June 2013, 01:34 PM
Brando, clear out you inbox, tried to reply but says your full.

Sorry mate, should be good to go now

caspers turbo
22nd June 2013, 01:43 PM
thanks all, it's been a long wait, not long to go now, cant wait

gotta say i looked at a lot of other models, the usual suspects
VW Scirooco-not bad to look at, but the price and long list of options that are satndard on the OPC put me off, not to mention the power difference, plus i make it a rule not to buy a car i can't spell (not the VW part)
Renault Megane-came so close to buying that until i saw the inside, yuck, and again the standard features were lack lustre
Ford-didnt even go there
Hyundai Velostar-again so close, but with only 3 KW more that the SRIT why bother, looks hot though

mods already planned for the OPC-only 1 vinlywrap in matt laid over the Arden Blue, anyone know some good operators in Adelaide or Mildura?

faneca
22nd June 2013, 04:09 PM
Gotta say out of them all the Astra I think looks the best as well ;)

Better be seeing this out at a few cruises in the near future!

There is a 3m store on south road opposite the brick works, not sure if they do car wrapping, I'm sure somewhere like cartoys would do it.

adam_92
22nd June 2013, 04:38 PM
Signlab/wraplab on grand junction road is where I have bought all my vinyl stuff in tue past.

chris_r
22nd June 2013, 07:10 PM
Hyundai Velostar-again so close, but with only 3 KW more that the SRIT why bother, looks hot though

It's a Hyundai. 'nuff said.

mods already planned for the OPC-only 1 vinlywrap in matt laid over the Arden Blue, anyone know some good operators in Adelaide or Mildura?

My brother-in-law works at Adelaide Signs (located in Mile End) and does this kind of work. I'm not sure on his prices, but I know the work is pretty good. From memory, most body shops won't touch this sort of thing and usually refer people to signwriters. Aaron mentioned Cartoys, I'd say they would probably do it too. Those guys seem to do all sorts of stuff and are pretty friendly to deal with.

caspers turbo
23rd June 2013, 06:55 AM
cool thanks for the suggestions, email sent to wraplab, also looked at the chrome wrap, looks hot, pity bout the cra they put it on

http://www.provinyl.com.au/chrome.html

i kinda wonder how long this vinly looks good for though, the SRIT went through 2 sets of stick on carbon fiber stickers before i gave up and respayed the b pillars matt black, and those stickers were OEM, after 1 year in the aussie sun they bubbled n blistrered.

faneca
23rd June 2013, 08:14 AM
I have pit on a big black vinyl on my little white cars roof near on a year ago now and havent had any peeling or bubbling up. My vinyl had a 3 year warranty, most would have the same.

caspers turbo
23rd June 2013, 09:05 AM
I have pit on a big black vinyl on my little white cars roof near on a year ago now and havent had any peeling or bubbling up. My vinyl had a 3 year warranty, most would have the same.

where did you get it done? can you remember the cost?

faneca
23rd June 2013, 10:07 AM
I put it on myself

Brando47
23rd June 2013, 10:18 AM
If you go 3M its the better quality stuff, they make multiple grades of vinyl of varying quality as well, some made for outdoors that have longer warranties. A good way to protect your vinyl is to add a layer of UV resistant clear vinyl afterwards, I've never really seen anyone do this on a car (I suppose it would take twice the work) but its a good technique in sign writing if you want it to last a long time and not fade or anything.

rujo
23rd June 2013, 03:09 PM
Congratulations on you purchase. I will be joining you too. Yesterday I put the deposit on Power Red OPC with AFL and 20"s. Picking it up next Saturday.

Adelaide City Opel
13th July 2013, 02:41 PM
The boat has docked Caspers Turbo, not long now!! Might have it in time for the Cruise on the 4th, Ill bring out the Yellow Twin :)

bba2002moe
16th July 2013, 10:39 PM
Congratulations on the purchase mate. I am thinking of getting meself astra sport 6 speed man but i feel little bit more power would have been nice

PreeCilla
9th August 2013, 06:55 AM
Congrats! Arden blues the best colour!

caspers turbo
9th August 2013, 07:07 AM
Congrats! Arden blues the best colour!

Cheers PreeCilla, i loved Arden Blue on the SRiT's but couldn't get that colour when i bought my 2nd hand SRiT, now i have the option to spec my car so gonna run with it, now optioned with AFL-full protection pack + tints, and damn sexy aftermarket 20's, should be able to pick up end of August