PDA

View Full Version : Which low dust pads do you use?

domthepom
17th June 2013, 12:31 PM
Just interested to see what low dust brake pads everyone is using. And how you rate them? I use ferrodo ceramic low dust pads in the commodore and barina excellent in the commy haven't washed wheels for 3 months in the barina not so good.

chris_r
17th June 2013, 01:19 PM
I used EBC Greenstuff pads in the GSi that are meant to be low dust, but during the break-in period, they're dusty as, yet easy to rinse off the wheels. And they squeal like pigs too.

hazrd
17th June 2013, 01:36 PM
Another vote for ferrodos. Stuff all dust. Great performance

domthepom
17th June 2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah I found its odd how they're fab on the commodore but its still a once a week wash on the barina,.

guy 27
17th June 2013, 02:24 PM
I just use nanolex wheel protectant. Brake dust just washes off with hose on my wheels.

JohnBu
17th June 2013, 02:29 PM
I used EBC Greenstuff pads in the GSi that are meant to be low dust, but during the break-in period, they're dusty as, yet easy to rinse off the wheels. And they squeal like pigs too.

I used them before, they are pretty terrible pads.

They just had no progressive bite.

They were however low dust.

chris_r
17th June 2013, 07:40 PM
I used them before, they are pretty terrible pads.

They just had no progressive bite.

They were however low dust.

I honestly can't say that I've been overly impressed with them. Not much better than your average Bendix or Ferodo pad and just noisier. Glad I didn't pay full price for them from a local supplier. These pads I used in the Calibra calipers, with the old GSi brakes, I had Ferodo pads that weren't too shabby and weren't really dusty at all.

InsaneAsylum
17th June 2013, 08:01 PM
had Bendix advance on my Vectra. replaced them asap and swore never to use OEM ever again!!