PDA

View Full Version : The problem of getting optional acessories 2013 ASTRA opc

opc08u
17th June 2013, 09:32 AM
Hi,
I would like to pass on my recent experience purchasing a new Astra opc. Opel advertise 20inch wheels for a $1000 and upgraded headlights for a couple of grand. However if you lob into your local dealer and ask for these, well sorry unless they are fitted at the factory your outta luck. When purchasing my new opc it came with the 19s and I asked for the 20s yep no problem said the salesman. We will get permisson from Opel to put some on. Cool I said signed the papers and the purchase was done. 20s for a grand. But the very next day I get a phone call saying sorry we can't do that and if you want 20s they will cost $3300.00 AU and we will have to order them from Germany. Well I was not impressed and a lively, robust and at times heated discussion followed. The dealer offered to go to the local tyre dealership and I could pick any set of 20s I wanted and they would fit 'good' tyres for my grand ( I don't think so) or I would have to pay another $2300 and fit tyres myself. Well I can assure you I was not happy. Phone calls to Opel in Melbourne followed, no luck there, if you want these options they have to come on the car from the factory I was told. More discussions the took place with the dealer and after I threatened to go to A Current Affair or Today Tonight with this story they suddenly partically came to the party and supplied me with a factory set of 20s for a grand, the catch ? I have to fit my own tyres. Well I now have the 20s and just yesterday had tyres fitted. A bit over $2000 for a decent set of Bridgestones. So I now have the 20s on the car for a bit over $3000 and this was the best out come I could get. Not good enough Opel you should be able to supply what you advertise.
Also when the dealership fitted the number plates to the car they didnt use the factory mounting points cause that would have made just to much sense. No they just screwed them into the bumpers as best they could. These people have manure for brains, if it wasn't for the fact that I know they couldn't paint new bumpers as good as the factory I would of made them replace them.
I am so far loving my Arden Blue opc but the purchase experience was just appauling. I'm an Opel fan and have dealt with this in my stride but I'm sure other people would not.
So anyway if anyone is after as new 19 inch opc wheels with just 500klms on the them let me know, got a set for sale.

poita
17th June 2013, 09:45 AM
I suggest you get in contact with [email protected] in regards to this.

She has been very helpful with previous incidents.

opc08u
17th June 2013, 10:02 AM
Ok Will do. I'll see what happens. But my hopes are not high.

nigelh
17th June 2013, 10:05 AM
Sounds like you got one of those dodgy salesmen that will tell you anything to get you to sign the contract. The salesman I'm dealing with told me straight away that the options are factory fit only. The bumper thing that's bad going to ring my dealer today an tell them if they do that there fitting a new bumper.
Glad your still enjoying the car after the stuff around.

PaulyJ
17th June 2013, 10:20 AM
Over promising and under delivering... I hate that.
As Peter mentioned, definitely contact Melanie at Head Office, hopefully she can help you out with this situation.
Let us know how you go. Best of luck.

dutchy
17th June 2013, 03:18 PM
As far as I understood, they will order your car WITH the requested options from the factory. The one they wanna sell you must be in Australia already ?!

JohnBu
17th June 2013, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't have paid for the car.

The issue isn't Opel, but the dealer.

They should have supplied you as promised at no additional charge, or let you walk from the contract. They can't have it both ways.

At least you got to keep/sell your 19s.

Keep your tyre invoice until it has been solved to your satisfaction.

opc08u
17th June 2013, 03:24 PM
Yes if the car is in Australia take it or leave it. But funny how the advertising doesn't say that.

sonoitaliano
17th June 2013, 03:25 PM
I this dealer located in Melbourne that was telling you porkies?

hazrd
17th June 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm assuming Sydney since he's in newy (noticed it in his intro post)

chrissn89
17th June 2013, 03:58 PM
20" rims and AFL are not accessories they are a factory fitted option which needs to be done while the car is being built in Germany.

sonoitaliano
17th June 2013, 04:56 PM
Haha had a look but couldn't find a location anywhere. Typical dealers.....

Milesy
17th June 2013, 09:35 PM
As has been stated previously they are factory fit options not accessories and the issue is that the dealers obviously underestimated the call up for AFL and 20 inch wheels and didnt order enough of the right spec. So what you have found is that they wanted to sell you a car out of their stock instead of ordering you a car for you from Germany. Unfortunately its is not Opel but the dealer who have let you down here.

Anyway congrats on the purchase and I can't wait to get my white OPC (with AFL and 20's) when I get it in early August!

opc08u
18th June 2013, 08:32 AM
Yes I purchased it in Sydney. Now I don't want people getting confused about this I'm not looking for further outcomes all I am doing is passing on the experience that I had.

hazrd
18th June 2013, 10:29 AM
Yes I purchased it in Sydney. Now I don't want people getting confused about this I'm not looking for further outcomes all I am doing is passing on the experience that I had.

That's all good mate. However, the dealer needs to understand that misleading the customer can affect the future of the brand since it is new to most of Australia. I would suggest contacting Melanie through the email mentioned above from poita (tell them that we had referred you). There may be a delay in reply as she does get fairly busy however she will pass it on to the relevant team to look after this matter for you :)

rjastra
18th June 2013, 01:04 PM
Not good enough Opel you should be able to supply what you advertise.

They are factory fit options, not dealer accessories. How else did you think you were going to get them for $1000?
Now, why didn't you cancel the contract an order in a OPC with the factory fitted 20inch wheels?

Jen
18th June 2013, 02:55 PM
I think it has been very well established that it is a factory fitted option, not an accessory. Remember this post is to make everyone aware as to his experience so please stop getting hung up on semantics about the difference between "factory fitted" and "accessories" and see this post for the point intended

JohnBu
18th June 2013, 03:54 PM
They are factory fit options, not dealer accessories. How else did you think you were going to get them for $1000?

That's not the customers job to research what should and shouldn't be offered.

If I'm purchasing a car and wanted to upgrade the wheels, then it seems more than reasonable I pay the $1,000 and get the new wheels. VW does it with the Golf GTI and R.

They are only wheels, not like an LSD.

rjastra
22nd June 2013, 10:14 PM
If I'm purchasing a car and wanted to upgrade the wheels, then it seems more than reasonable I pay the $1,000 and get the new wheels. VW does it with the Golf GTI and R.

I think you will find the GTI/R come from the factory with the upgraded wheels/tyres. They aren't dealer accessories at that price.

Red AH SRI T
30th June 2013, 10:29 AM
That's not the customers job to research what should and shouldn't be offered.

They are only wheels, not like an LSD.

And just like Opel those wheels are offered by VW as a factory option. If you ask a dealer to add those as an accessory you'll be looking at about $4k.

opc08u
5th July 2013, 06:36 PM
Your comments are interesting. Thank you for them all. I have contacted Melanie at OPEL (as was suggested here) she passed on my email to someone else and said they would be in touch with me. That was some time ago(weeks) and well I have not been contacted by anyone. Clearly they just don't care. The experience just gets better. Hmmmm.

poita
5th July 2013, 07:37 PM
Just harass them about it. Sometimes companies need a reminder. I wouldn't let on them mate

Shaun
24th July 2013, 09:42 PM
I think you will find that the option is $1000 to be fitted at the time of order or build. I can understand though your point of view. Romour has it though that 20 inch rims are hard to come
by due to supply demand for Europe and the UK.

I have found that consistancey at this point in time on pricing of the OPC range is rather non existant. They seem to be naming there pricings on all the models and claiming stock is limited then when you sit down to do a deal they tell you you can have any colour as they have stock.

Cheapest Insignia i have found so far was $58995 drive away which was a Demo with 1500km in sydney but as you can imagine that sold rather fast. however others are selling them basically new retail pricing.

I feel your pain about there inconsistance Manner.

scamp
25th July 2013, 05:02 PM
I have to say that I too was quoted $1000 for the 20's which I knew was cheap as for a set of 20's . I know mine cost a lot more , but if it be a dealer accessory or factory fitted option is surely not a question the customer needs to ask . I certainly didn't ask
If your contract states that the car was to have 20's fitted then I would certainly be in contact with your states department of consumer protection or even the accc as it is then a breach of contract by the dealer as they have sold you a product that does not meet the description of the product as you were sold.
Best of luck , pity your car dealer has let you down .
p.s if your really unhappy with your new car i'm willing to swap it for my 92 holden statesman !!!! Sounds like a deal to me :ihih:

bra10n
25th July 2013, 05:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but representatives of Opel/dealerships read and post on these forums do they not?
Unless I'm mistaken on this...

dutchy
25th July 2013, 05:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but representatives of Opel/dealerships read and post on these forums do they not?
Unless I'm mistaken on this...

yes they do and i personally don't see that as a problem.

gman
25th July 2013, 06:33 PM
Your comments are interesting. Thank you for them all. I have contacted Melanie at OPEL (as was suggested here) she passed on my email to someone else and said they would be in touch with me. That was some time ago(weeks) and well I have not been contacted by anyone. Clearly they just don't care. The experience just gets better. Hmmmm.

Did you contact Melanie again???

bra10n
25th July 2013, 07:28 PM
dutchy,
Yes. Totally agree.
I do find it odd though that organisations can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars introducing their products in a new marketplace, and then more on the subsequent research to determine how they might further improve their offerings.
Personally, I'd forego my $500 discount on any new vehicle purchase in exchange for some good old fashioned service.
Just my preference of course.

PreeCilla
15th August 2013, 10:15 PM
Wow! That's a shitty situation.
What Sydney dealer was it? If I had to guess would say parramatta opel...?
I found many opel dealers ( in Sydney) have no idea about the car or products they are selling. Walked into one dealer last week and one sales guy didn't even realise they were closing. Guess he was on holidays and no one passed on the news...