PDA

View Full Version : OPC Corsa

imtfbundy
12th June 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking of getting a OPC Corsa, what's peoples thoughts on them?

dutchy
12th June 2013, 10:49 PM
Probably if I did have the space and didnt need a bigger car, I would have bought one for fun factor.

faneca
12th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Love the look of them and reckon they'd be a cracker of a car!

mickos
12th June 2013, 11:10 PM
For there size they tick a few boxes

hazrd
13th June 2013, 08:31 AM
They are an awesome car. Got to have a look around the only one they had in the country at the time at the Top Gear Festival in Sydney.

A few points:
- The seats are fantastic. Comfortable and very accommodating for a tall bugger like me (6 Foot 3)
- The material of the interior is of a decent quality ie: doesnt feel like cheap plastic
- The steering wheel has a good feel to it so you have a good grip if you were to throw one around corners
- The centre display is rather unappealing. It looks like you are staring at the centre screen of an '09 AH CD
- It has all of the fancy features like BT/CD/MP3 (I think the HU is the CD40) however it lacks SatNav like the Astra models. Easy to fix
- I noticed that the wheels on it are not the wheels that come with the car (they are optioned). The wheels you get out of the box look like this:
http://i.minus.com/jbe2P3aMYNgmeL.jpg
I dont mind them that much, they are easy to change nonetheless
edit: found it - http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details/Opel-CORSA-2013/AGC-AD-13793935/?Cr=0

Apart from that, I still think they are plenty of bang for buck. The one at the dealership around the corner from me (pictured above) is going for $31,990 driveaway. I would be surprised if it lasts long because thats a pretty good price imo

mickos
13th June 2013, 04:43 PM
They are a wide car corsa opc at 1924mm and astra at 2020mm and insignia 2084mm. They should handle well with some decent rubber and minor mods to help it breath better

aussie_in_london
13th June 2013, 08:52 PM
Well after 4 years of ownership and 20k miles on the clock, we found it a great small city car for around London and we did some good tours in ours (coast to coast of Ireland, Wales coast line, Belgium etc) and the car performed well especially on unclassed tight country and coastal roads. My wife didn't leave ours standard for long with a remap, milltek exhaust, induction performance filter and some KW springs. It was mainly our city run about performing the monthly costco grocery run, cinemas and so on. Build quality is so and so, I held our front bumper drivers side firmly in place with windscreen silicon which did the job, paint quality, get a touch up stick (had our front end resprayed in the end), interior plastic are crap but do the job, glove box lol taken up by the fuse box so we never used it due to lack of space but still the glove box lid fell off after a year lol and never lined up. Seats are not bad if a little on the high side, but then what hot hatch isn't these days, driving position is good, plenty of reach and rake in the steering wheel, so between the wife being 5"3 and me 5"11 we never had any issues setting up our preferred driving position. as for room in the back, its ok, boot, remove the false floor gives you better packing capacity, on a few occassions I stuffed a real xmas tree in the boot with the back seats down without any problems lol. Overall a good fun car but don't expect premium build quality of say VW/Audi etc as it far from, but it does the job of a simplistic hot hatch and should give you some smiles. Handling is not half bad for a high roofed car, quit a forgiving car to get yourself out of situations should you push it to the limits and come a bit unstuck.......Keep an eye out for cracking of the side mirrors and let it warm up for 15 plus min before giving it some stick, piston 4 issue can be your undoing, so a little bit of mechanical sympathy can save you a big heart ache. I still see it as a bit of a girly hot hatch but then it was my wife's car but in black (best colour in my opinion for the model) I didn't attract to much unwanted attention while I was at the wheel lol.

p.s. They seem to be a bit over priced in Aus for what they are, we paid £15,000 for ours, and sold it for £8000, but then all cars in Aus seem well over priced so you guys have no choice really!

dsuhiti91
17th June 2013, 07:03 PM
Great little car, I prefer it over something like a Polo GTI purely for the manual gearbox. Seem reliable from reports overseas, look great as well! IMO, the seats are the best out of all Opel's (including Astra & Insignia OPC)

imtfbundy
17th June 2013, 09:21 PM
I took one for a drive today. WHAT A CAR!!!!!!!!!:woohoo1:

hazrd
17th June 2013, 09:56 PM

Please tell me you left a deposit....

dutchy
17th June 2013, 10:35 PM
changed his avater pic so ...

imtfbundy
18th June 2013, 06:28 AM
Sure did

Please tell me you left a deposit....

Nurb608
18th June 2013, 06:48 AM
Nice pick up!

kabel
18th June 2013, 02:14 PM
Well done !

hazrd
18th June 2013, 02:20 PM
Sure did

Winning.
Noticed you're in Margate. A mate of mine who lives in the area spotted an arden OPC corsa the other day. Good chance that was the one :lol:

imtfbundy
18th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Not mine, I won't pick it up for at least one week =(

Winning.
Noticed you're in Margate. A mate of mine who lives in the area spotted an arden OPC corsa the other day. Good chance that was the one :lol:

poita
18th June 2013, 10:15 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate.

Spoke to Chris today, says he's been running dirt into the carpets in it all week :p

Btw are you coming on Sunday? Have something for you, if not I can give it to Guy to pass on.

imtfbundy
18th June 2013, 10:28 PM
I hope to get there. I'm helping a friend do renos, fingers crossed I'll finish that on Saturday.

Congrats on the purchase mate.

Spoke to Chris today, says he's been running dirt into the carpets in it all week :p

Btw are you coming on Sunday? Have something for you, if not I can give it to Guy to pass on.