PDA

View Full Version : Chrome buggy????

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 08:50 AM
I've been having increasing issues with Chrome - have had to reinstall it a couple of times on my old Dell. I just picked up a new Sammy Ultrabook with Windows 8 on Wednesday - I have had to reinstall Chrome about 4 times in 3 days for my Gmail to work properly of all things (compose button stopped working, Google Talk/Hangouts not connecting or working, mail not opening, needing to log in 3 or 4 times for it to even log into gmail)

Meanwhile, firefox and internet explorer have been absolutely fine, so after about 2 years of using chrome exclusively - have gone back to Firefox. Read this article which shows I'm not alone - http://www.zdnet.com/blog/google/do-i-have-to-leave-google-chrome-behind/3636

Anyone else been having issues with Chrome?

guy 27
9th June 2013, 08:52 AM
No issues for me.
Is it just Gmail giving you issues?
Do you have any extensions installed?

poita
9th June 2013, 08:55 AM
Don't have an issue with mine, have two gmail accounts open on it 24/7.

Running latest build? Windows up to date?

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 08:56 AM
No issues for me.
Is it just Gmail giving you issues?
Do you have any extensions installed?

All extensions disabled, and it's mainly only Gmail - which is the most important thing basically I need Chrome for - we pay for Google Apps for our store emails - so if I can't even use my work email or google drive properly theres no point.

It's a lot worse on Windows 8 than on Windows 7. It cant be the computer because anything google works perfectly fine in IE or Firefox.

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 08:57 AM
Don't have an issue with mine, have two gmail accounts open on it 24/7.

Running latest build? Windows up to date?

Yep everything up to date.

Jen
9th June 2013, 09:01 AM
I had issues with chrome months ago really only for the forum. It's like it loaded in lines and unless a thread fell into that 'line' I couldn't click on it. If I was able to bring up a thread more often than not it would bring up the one below it, not the one I wanted. It would make the text appear normally, then small and the further down the page I got the more mixed up each line would be between normal and small text. Knew it was a chrome issue not the forum as it was fine on other browsers. Actually now that I think of it, it also did the same thing for my emails (Yahoo) where it would go funny and I couldn't click on an email as it either wouldn't bring it up or bring up the email below it.

I like you are now using firefox exclusively as I was so sick of chrome not working properly. I think I've been doing this since at least the end of last year

poita
9th June 2013, 09:01 AM
Have you tried running the beta version? Usually a couple ahead of the latest public builds.

That's what I run and have no issues.

What antivirus are you running?

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 09:17 AM
Have you tried running the beta version? Usually a couple ahead of the latest public builds.

That's what I run and have no issues.

What antivirus are you running?

Nah just running whatever the latest release for general consumption is.

Antivirus is Avast Free.

poita
9th June 2013, 09:20 AM
Might not make a difference, but disable the antivirus and try it.

Have known of them to cause issues

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 09:58 AM
WTF

Now Firefox is playing up doing the same things that Chrome was doing - gmail not loading properly - the forum is not loading properly either - meanwhile IE is working fine, and can browse other sites with firefox and google.

This is starting to shit me and I'm wondering if its to do with Windows 8 more than anything else. But I will try and get rid of the Avast first and see if that makes it behave.

If not will recover back to stock Win 8 - failing that, have got a spare Win 7 licence available.

dutchy
9th June 2013, 10:23 AM
never had issues with Chrome except over the past few days....... Am using Avast as well........

chrissn89
9th June 2013, 11:21 AM
Windows 8 has intermittent internet limited connection issues over WiFi a quick Google search will give you some fixes that might help. My Windows 8 laptop has the same issue its very annoying and frustrating.

Vectracious
9th June 2013, 11:21 AM
Had enough. Reinstalling windows 8 on it. I'll put everything back on it one at a time. I have a feeling it might have been the HP software for my officejet that has buggered things up.