PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator Drawing of my Astra

indoctrine
31st May 2013, 03:14 PM
As some as you probably know, I'm an illustration student. I currently have an assignment to design a magazine, I picked a car magazine, so of course I'm featuring my own car and have to create all my own content. So here's the drawing I did. So much work. @_@ The front wheel is still a little off, but I don't have time to tweak it that tightly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64917341/astra.png

guy 27
31st May 2013, 03:16 PM
needs more low :p

nice work dude.

dutchy
31st May 2013, 03:17 PM
While you're at it, colour code the shirts, rub strips, mirror and door handle. Add a rear spoiler off a sri-t and some nice 19" wheels.

indoctrine
31st May 2013, 03:21 PM
lol, I actually really like the black trim on the white Astra. I was drawing as is... except the Opel badge, I free-handed that... it's gonna look a bit odd if I have a magazine spread about my car and the vector is completely different to the real thing. Haha.

rocky424
31st May 2013, 03:28 PM
Great work! maybe you can have hotted up version of your car in one of the pages inside with an article to support it, something to the lines of future plans or dream set up... :)

faneca
31st May 2013, 08:25 PM
Nice! What program did you draw that on? I made a thread a while ago of a couple of drawings I had done and said others should post in it too but do t think anyone else posted any pics lol.

indoctrine
31st May 2013, 09:50 PM
Nice! What program did you draw that on? I made a thread a while ago of a couple of drawings I had done and said others should post in it too but do t think anyone else posted any pics lol.

Adobe Illustrator CS5.1.

Brando47
1st June 2013, 03:18 PM
Looks good, I'm impressed. How long would've that taken?

indoctrine
1st June 2013, 04:35 PM
Looks good, I'm impressed. How long would've that taken?

Hmm, about 4 or 5 hours. Not that long in the scheme of things. It took me 12 hours to do a drawing for my nan a few years ago. Though it may be progressively taking less time with experience. Did it using my touchpad and the pen tool. Pain in the ass when your fingers twitch and the curve skitters off in the wrong direction.

Brando47
1st June 2013, 09:43 PM
That's quite good, I bought a tablet and pen for doing maths on but I think it's more annoying to use than helpful haha, can't imagine trying to draw something decent with it

indoctrine
2nd June 2013, 09:07 AM
That's quite good, I bought a tablet and pen for doing maths on but I think it's more annoying to use than helpful haha, can't imagine trying to draw something decent with it

I haven't even used mine to draw anything yet. :s I've had it for a year or so now. I just don't have the space to set it up and sketch at home. It's a bit annoying.