PDA

View Full Version : Opel Vivaro, Movano-Should these ever arrive in Australia?

NXA-16H
3rd January 2005, 08:08 AM
Ok folks, this question is purely a hypothetical one, since I very seriously doubt Holden Top Brass has the foresight to see their benefits in this country. But First of all, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these two very cool Commercial Vans/People Movers as perhaps an alternative to the Zafira.

Check 'em out...
http://www.opel.de/res/img/content/shop/lcv/vivaro/intro.jpg

http://www.opel.de/res/img/content/shop/lcv/movano/intro.jpg

Certainly I think they have the potential to lure potential buyers of, say, a Volkswagen Transporter, Ford Transit, Mercedes Vito, Renault Master, or even a Tarago.

They could even be a potential alternative to the Zafira which, although very clever with its seating system, is a little anaemic in the performance dept.

So, what do you think? I'd buy one.

David
NXA-16H

danielvh
3rd January 2005, 01:56 PM
How many seats does it have?

Dee
3rd January 2005, 02:06 PM
top one doesnt look to bad... cant see them coming here tho

ecstasy
3rd January 2005, 02:43 PM
hardly see any Renault Vans, i reckon they would be to expensive to buy compared to the competition (when even a mercedes benz van are fairly cheap). They do look the part but anything that comes from europe, here cost a bomb.

01CDsedan
3rd January 2005, 06:14 PM
There's only one problem with your theory, guys - those vans *are* Renaults.

The Vivaro is a Renault Trafic and the Movano is a Renault Master. Holden was considering importing the Vivaro (I think), but the engine options available were too weedy for it to be taken seriously here.

dazza015
4th January 2005, 07:40 AM
Yes they are here - Pricing is about on par with Merc Benz, Volkswagen, Fait, Ford Etc - Wouldnt imagine they are selling in big numbers

[web:be965e5d88]http://www.renault.com.au/renault/vehicles/commercial_index.asp[/web:be965e5d88]

Slimcraigie
4th January 2005, 09:22 AM
Trust me they are shite, We have had 2 ramps built at work to work on these and we have a car park full of dead ones 7 days a week, gearboxes, engines, driveshafts you name it they have problems with it, in fact they can send them all over to you and vauxhall can buy some ford transits instead......lol

dazza015
4th January 2005, 09:28 AM
Trust me they are **moderated**, We have had 2 ramps built at work to work on these and we have a car park full of dead ones 7 days a week, gearboxes, engines, driveshafts you name it they have problems with it, in fact they can send them all over to you and vauxhall can buy some ford transits instead......lol

lol its ok mate i think we will stick with the Mercedes Benz :D

Wraith
4th January 2005, 06:48 PM
mmmmmmmmm, a mate of mine drives for Australia Post, bet he'd love of them LOL :lol:

lee683
5th January 2005, 10:19 PM
they would be up against the merc vito
but dont know if they would bother

holden probley sell them as under izuzu???

Dregger
7th January 2005, 05:48 PM
but in the Turbo Diesel version they would be awsome....i know of one particular member that would definatly get one if came in TDI !!!

FLY-SRi
9th January 2005, 05:37 PM
i think they both look ugly

frankie9fingers
9th January 2005, 05:55 PM
Too true, they ain't worthy of becoming the F9f shaggin wagon. No death star or conan shall be airbrushed on the sides of these things.

16vopl
12th January 2005, 12:54 AM
in the people mover category nothing competes with the voyager :D
if u want something with class and is an import with all extras its the way to go hands down