PDA

View Full Version : Astra / Insignia - Navi900 Infotainment System

dynamik
22nd May 2013, 09:34 PM
Getting familiar with my shiny OPC now and have noticed a couple of quirks with the Navi900 Infotainment System...

----

Problem: Navigation: "SD Card not inserted"
Issue: With maps SD Card and USB thumbdrive inserted, the Navi900 fails to detect SD Card. Cannot access map data on the SD Card. Ejecting/Inserting the card does nothing.

As seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfIOfGtDxk

Workaround?:
Turn system off, turn key off. Wait a little while, minute or so. Before you turn the key, insert the sd card first, turn the key on, power on the system, wait about 30 seconds or so and then re-insert the usb stick. Worked for me, got my nav system to work again and the message didnt return. (dutchy (http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?35758-Astra-Insignia-Navi900-Infotainment-System&p=825381&viewfull=1#post825381))

If the SD Card does become non-responsive, exit vehicle, lock the car, come back 5 minutes later and try again.

----

Problem: USB Audio Source: Songs are out of order. (RDM Random Mode is OFF)
Issue: In Folder view, songs are listed in neither ID3 Track order nor Alphabetical order. Songs will play in this (out of) order.
The Navi900 lists/plays the songs in the order they are written on the USB device.
(Nerds, you can confirm this by getting a directory listing in command prompt...)
Workaround: Use this application to sort the files on your USB stick! http://fenux.net/story/fatsorteroneohfour

----

dutchy
22nd May 2013, 09:42 PM
Have not had the sd card problem as you describe. Did notice the weird usb audio running order but didnt have time yet to further investigate that so I'll look at the link you provided. There is another member that has some other problems, he's in contact with Opel, and I have an issue with not being able to turn off the rds in radio setting menu which causes my clock to change time which is being investigated by Opel as well.

dutchy
22nd May 2013, 09:45 PM
ah yeah, have a look at your software versions (turn on system, press config once, press and hold info button for 10 seconds or so). Gives you some more details.

Vectracious
22nd May 2013, 09:46 PM
You should wait for UNEEQ to reply as I am led to believe he is working with Opel to fix the problems with the Navi900 system.

guy 27
22nd May 2013, 10:07 PM
usb playing in that order is pretty normal. My Alpine unit does the same and so do a fair few other units I've played with over the years.

UNEEQ
24th May 2013, 06:10 PM
I've not had a problem with USB running order. It's following the songs within the folders properly, but I've got all the files named with track numbers 01 02 03 etc, if they are numbered 1 2 3 etc it may go in the order 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 2 20 21 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This is the way a computer would list them on the screen if sorted by name.

Also, if the ID3 tags aren't in a similar manner, this may be the cause.

I'll check on the actual writing order of the songs at some stage over the weekend and if I can replicate, I'll log that with Opel as well so that they have another item in the same case regarding the Navi.

Hi Todd,

Apologies for the delay in my response, I have not been in the office.

With regards to the Navi 900 and smart phone integration to stream media, it's a concept that only recently gathered popularity around Germany. I can advise that with this recent popularity Opel are moving to new infotainment systems that incorporate smart phone media integration. I cannot go into any further details on this as we cannot comment on future products.

As previously committed, I have raised your feedback with Opel in Germany on Navi 900 integration to see if there is anything we can do for Navi 900.

I am unable to provide you an outlook on the map update process, but can assure you that our Australian team are working very hard to make this available to customers as soon as possible.

Opel Germany is looking into the track names for us and I will have my Customer Assistance team contact you once we receive a response.

Reference to the track names above is the scrolling on the screen (or lack thereof)

dynamik I don't have any SD card issues or messages on my screen or when starting the car. I'd get that looked into. Perhaps there's a software update, or there could be a fault that needs to be fixed.

dynamik
25th May 2013, 12:38 AM
It's definitely the FAT order ... at least on a FAT formatted usb stick (not FAT32) .. checked id3 tags ok and filenames are 01 - ..., 02 - ... etc.

That sort tool did the trick.

The SD Card issue happened to me twice in the first week of operation and I took it back to the dealer who said it was a known issue and there will likely be a firmware update for it. It hasn't happened since because I operate the ignition in the manner described in the OP.

If you want to try and provoke it to fail, i'd suggest turning the key to accessories on, wait 2 ('ish?) seconds, and then start the car - that's approximately what i did when it failed each time. It's worth noting that: In the same manner that it won't recover until the car goes to security/standby mode, I assume the fault may only appear from a cold start.

Here's the version details if it helps...

NAVI_VERSION_SW N4190VM__1.1C1P9
PROCMAP_SW_VERSION DI_MAP_FASTMAP_11.1S134P1
PROCBASE_SW_VERSION GM11.5V012

dutchy
25th May 2013, 08:42 AM
cant get the sd card issue as you describe, whatever I try. Isnt that card just faulty or contacts dirty ?
Checked the versions and they are all the same apart from the last one as below, mine says PROCBASE_SW_VERSION GM11.5V010 instead of ending on a 2 as yours does.

dutchy
25th May 2013, 09:29 PM
Just posted this too on the opc register thread but I played around with the navigation system today and got to a point where I got that error too. Nav worked in the background though but got a black screen in front of it saying that the sd card is not inserted. I only got it when I pulled out the sd card while the system was on and I also had a usb stick connected. Tried a lot of different things and this is what worked; turn key on, pull every thing out while system is on (ie sd card and usb stick). Turn system off, turn key off. Wait a little while, minute or so. Before you turn the key, insert the sd card first, turn the key on, power on the system, wait about 30 seconds or so and then re-insert the usb stick. Worked for me, got my nav system to work again and the message didnt return.

dynamik
27th May 2013, 07:48 PM
and I also had a usb stick connected.

Indeed, both times I had a USB stick (Imation Nano 8GB) in the USB socket.
Updated OP.

UNEEQ
29th May 2013, 11:41 AM
Without a word of a lie, I was on the phone to Opel this morning and mentioning this as one of the problems that other people were having.

This may have been reported to another rep in Opel, but it's sure been reported in my file now. The USB port has become faulty and the Navi is showing that the SD Card isn't inserted. I was on the way to a client site, so my speed dial for Opel Customer Care fast became my speed dial for Opel Customer Personal Navigation Service.

theos86
20th August 2013, 11:33 PM
I have had the same problem with new Astra. Instructions on first page to turn car off, wait a few mins....it worked. A bit disappointed my Samsung s4 doesn't sync with infotainment system to stream music. For now I have to plug in via aux and control music through phone. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there an update on the way that will enable full streaming like an ipod/iphone?

dutchy
20th August 2013, 11:39 PM
I have had the same problem with new Astra. Instructions on first page to turn car off, wait a few mins....it worked. A bit disappointed my Samsung s4 doesn't sync with infotainment system to stream music. For now I have to plug in via aux and control music through phone. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there an update on the way that will enable full streaming like an ipod/iphone?

didnt work for everybody and it seems that there was a conflict with the usb. theres a software update available at the dealer. so make an appointment asap , while you still can, and get that free update (that update also fixes the celcius / fahrenheit issue)

cant comment on your phone.

nicolami
21st August 2013, 03:03 AM
Hi ,
I have also an Opel Astra 2013 with Navi 900.
I have it since April 2013. It is a new car.
Last week I had the same issue for the first time. I start the car and when I open the Navi - "Navigation SD card not inserted".
I was not able to get read of the error , while removing the card , and inserting it back. Or making different ignition cycles.
Next morning the error was not there anymore.
During the next day , the issue appeared again. Quite random.
I saw that I was able to get read of the issue if I stop the car and I wait till it goes to standby mode...but it does not work all the time.
I went to the dealer and they changed my card reader.
This didn't help at all, I can say that it is more problematic, I get now the fault at every start.
Now they sad that is a SW Issue and I need to wait till end of November for a new SW that will fix this issue. I don't know what I will do without NAVI. It is very hard for me without it. And for me this doesn't look like only an SW Issue. Why I did not get the fault in the first 3 months.
It is not a professional approach telling that nothing can be done till November.

dutchy
21st August 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi ,
I have also an Opel Astra 2013 with Navi 900.
I have it since April 2013. It is a new car.
Last week I had the same issue for the first time. I start the car and when I open the Navi - "Navigation SD card not inserted".
I was not able to get read of the error , while removing the card , and inserting it back. Or making different ignition cycles.
Next morning the error was not there anymore.
During the next day , the issue appeared again. Quite random.
I saw that I was able to get read of the issue if I stop the car and I wait till it goes to standby mode...but it does not work all the time.
I went to the dealer and they changed my card reader.
This didn't help at all, I can say that it is more problematic, I get now the fault at every start.
Now they sad that is a SW Issue and I need to wait till end of November for a new SW that will fix this issue. I don't know what I will do without NAVI. It is very hard for me without it. And for me this doesn't look like only an SW Issue. Why I did not get the fault in the first 3 months.
It is not a professional approach telling that nothing can be done till November.

As I said before, the new software update is already available. I had it installed 2 weeks or so ago myself and that error is now gone. Go back to your dealer and ask them to check the system about this update.

nicolami
22nd August 2013, 05:32 AM
As I said before, the new software update is already available. I had it installed 2 weeks or so ago myself and that error is now gone. Go back to your dealer and ask them to check the system about this update.

Hi ,
Thank you for the fast reply.
I have a big problem with my dealer .
They insist that they can not do a SW update till November ...????, because they say that only then this will be fixed. I will for sure go there again but I want to get more information.

The SW that I now have is :
NAVI_VERSION_SW N4190VM__0.2C3P03
PROCMAP_SW_BUILD_DETAILS ir62hi on HI-Z6901,dev_build

Can you indicate the SW that you saw it fixed the issue?
I will try to insist to have a SW update. The last that they have available.
I saw today that if I keep the key for 5 sec on position 1 and after that I go to 2 and than 3 to start the car , the NAVI system has enough time to initialize and the fault does not appear.

Another comment , from my point of view is that this message that they display there - "Navigation SD card not inserted" is misleading and does not have anything to do with the card. To me it looks like a NAVI initialization problem cause by the init checks.
If you have the NAVI running ok and you actually remove the SD card , than you see the message "Navigation SD card not inserted " and when you go to the NAVI setting , all setting in Config are available and you can play around. When you insert the card back the message disappears.
If you get the fault that we talk about , than you are not able to change any NAVI Config setting during this time, all displays in Config for the NAVI are inactive.
If I stop the car with the NAVI running and I remove the key , the next time i insert the key and I put it to position 1 , I am able to see directly teh message "Navigation is initializing " for a few seconds. - quite long
If I make the power cycle slow 5 sec on 1 , 5 sec on 2 and start at 3 , it seems that the fault does not appear ...at least today.

I will keep you updated.

OPC1
22nd August 2013, 04:13 PM
The same problem has been occurring occasionally in my Astra OPC Navi, but I'm booked in to Nunawading Opel to get the SW update tomorrow. As well as the "Navigation SD card not inserted" problem, I've also had the system boot up in miles/Farenheit mode sometimes instead of kilometres/Celcius - hopefully that will be fixed also. When I rang up, they specifically asked if it was the SD card message that I was getting - so obviously there's been a few people asking.

Takes me back to the old days when Navi says "In 300 yards, turn left". But then, you young whipper-snappers wouldn't know about that!!! ;)

faneca
22nd August 2013, 06:08 PM
As dutchy said, there is an update forthe navi900 system which addresses the sd card and temperature reading issues. Take the car to the dealer and have them update the system only takes around half hour I think.

dutchy
22nd August 2013, 09:30 PM
Takes me back to the old days when Navi says "In 300 yards, turn left". But then, you young whipper-snappers wouldn't know about that!!! ;)

You're still young mate. In your young days they at least had a nav system. ;)

Hi ,
The SW that I now have is :
NAVI_VERSION_SW N4190VM__0.2C3P03
PROCMAP_SW_BUILD_DETAILS ir62hi on HI-Z6901,dev_build

Can you indicate the SW that you saw it fixed the issue?
I will try to insist to have a SW update. The last that they have available.
I saw today that if I keep the key for 5 sec on position 1 and after that I go to 2 and than 3 to start the car , the NAVI system has enough time to initialize and the fault does not appear.

There is no issue with the map itself. Its in the software of the system. I had done long testing and believe that this is due to an issue between the sd card slot and the usb port. I've done all possible combinations and was not able to figure out what to do. What did work for me was to turn the ign on, pull out the sd card as well as anything into the usb, turn ign off, wait 5 minutes or so, turn ign on, put in sd card, turn ign off, put in usb stick, turn ign on and voila, all worked well (for a few days). Then I also noticed the fahrenheit in the display instead of celcius. Anyway, I just checked my SW version as you asked and mine says;
Navi_version_sw N4190VM_1.1C1P9 so that does appear to be a newer version Since they have put this update on, did not have any problems whatsoever with the nav system or change from celcius into fahrenheit. There is another update available withing 2 weeks time but i'm not sure yet what that update is for.

scamp
22nd August 2013, 09:30 PM
as to music files in order todd has it right , what I found with my alpine unit was to reformat the usb to ntfs , for some reason this works ( beats me why )the other thing I can do is insert a portable hard drive via the usb and it reads fine, don't know if this will help or not .
Is the factory system by blaupunkt ? If so a mate of mine is a blaupunkt dealer , I will see him this weekend and ask if he knows if they do the same and how to fix it !

45Trekker
23rd August 2013, 01:18 PM
I just plugged my phone into the USB port and turned on usb storage. It took a little while then the albums appeared on the Navi screen and I could then stream the music as well as charge the phone. This does prevent the phone from using that usb storage while coonected of course. I was reminded of that when I tried to run OziExplorer on the phone as its maps are stored on my microSD card in the phone. I'm hardly an expert as I have only had my car 2 days!

dutchy
23rd August 2013, 01:23 PM
I just plugged my phone into the USB port and turned on usb storage. It took a little while then the albums appeared on the Navi screen and I could then stream the music as well as charge the phone. This does prevent the phone from using that usb storage while coonected of course. I was reminded of that when I tried to run OziExplorer on the phone as its maps are stored on my microSD card in the phone. I'm hardly an expert as I have only had my car 2 days!

I think he means streaming through bluetooth.

45Trekker
23rd August 2013, 01:36 PM
I think he means streaming through bluetooth. yes he did want Bluetooth, but he said he had to control the music through the phone, but I was able to select albums, tracks etc on the navi screen. I think he was probably just using an analog audio jack rather than the usb connection (which charges the phone too).

OPC1
23rd August 2013, 03:14 PM
You're still young mate. In your young days they at least had a nav system. ;)

Yep, she was called 'mum' (or he was called 'dad'). After that it was metres (or "you just went past it!") and they went by many names.

Upgrade seemed to go fine, about an hour from giving to receiving keys. I chatted to them and they're still trying to see if they can keep the Nunawading Opel dealership going - word has not come through one way or the other at this stage. But it looks like all the tools and stuff are going to Holden at the end of next month (September).

Theo
24th August 2013, 09:52 AM
been having the same issues during the week - just rang Adelaide Opel this morning and was advised yes there is an update - however from Bosch, it appears that the card reader is made by them, dropping the car off during the week as I was told it will take around 10 - 15 min to implement.

On another topic regarding the Navi600/Navi900 - I've got a Sony Xperia Z which pairs nicely with the Bluetooth but fails to see the phonebook, but my wife's Apple iPhone works a treat though. So for a simple solution I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59 I think....and it fixed the problem. So if anyone is having the same problem, I highly recommend it.

dutchy
24th August 2013, 03:19 PM
been having the same issues during the week - just rang Adelaide Opel this morning and was advised yes there is an update - however from Bosch, it appears that the card reader is made by them, dropping the car off during the week as I was told it will take around 10 - 15 min to implement.

On another topic regarding the Navi600/Navi900 - I've got a Sony Xperia Z which pairs nicely with the Bluetooth but fails to see the phonebook, but my wife's Apple iPhone works a treat though. So for a simple solution I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59 I think....and it fixed the problem. So if anyone is having the same problem, I highly recommend it.

that software update will fix the issue. doesnt matter where the update comes from. already suspected that there was a conflict between the sd card reader and the usb port.

as for the xperia, I am using the same phone and at first it didnt sync my addressbook. turned out that I had disabled some features in the phone to conserve battery. Once i restarted the phone with all options selected in the phone at startup, it worked well and my phonebook can be accessed through the navi900

Theo
24th August 2013, 03:38 PM
that software update will fix the issue. doesnt matter where the update comes from. already suspected that there was a conflict between the sd card reader and the usb port.

as for the xperia, I am using the same phone and at first it didnt sync my addressbook. turned out that I had disabled some features in the phone to conserve battery. Once i restarted the phone with all options selected in the phone at startup, it worked well and my phonebook can be accessed through the navi900

might give it a go...what did you disable or re-enable on the Z?

dutchy
24th August 2013, 09:05 PM
in settings, running applications, the one that needs to be on is called "bluetoothPbapservice....." I think. I turned the phone completely off and then on again. I also made sure that "background data.." was set on (in phonebook - account settings.) but am not sure if that was actually needed. I'm not so tech with phones.

Theo
26th August 2013, 08:58 PM
On another note dutchy....have you had success connecting the phone to the unit via usb to stream music...I'm getting a message that the device is not supported/recognized.

It just ridiculous that there is no Bluetooth streaming....

caspers turbo
27th August 2013, 10:46 AM
On another note dutchy....have you had success connecting the phone to the unit via usb to stream music...I'm getting a message that the device is not supported/recognized.

pretty sure these new models don't have the ability to stream from phones, yes a bit weird (first world problems) but then again these cars have been sold in Europe since 2011-i guess back then it wasn't a big issues-i remeber when you were lucky if the car had a cassette player, what you driving anyway Theo, Theo

Theo
27th August 2013, 10:52 AM
pretty sure these new models don't have the ability to stream from phones, yes a bit weird (first world problems) but then again these cars have been sold in Europe since 2011-i guess back then it wasn't a big issues-i remeber when you were lucky if the car had a cassette player, what you driving anyway Theo, Theo

I remember when I bought our first TS Astra - it was the Olympic edition and came with CD and A/C - man we we stoked!!!

The new ride that we bought last week is 2013 Astra Select 1.6T Auto with Leather Pack and SatNav. Got a really great deal from Adelaide Opel with a shit load of freebies chucked in too caspers turbo

caspers turbo
27th August 2013, 10:56 AM
I remember when I bought our first TS Astra - it was the Olympic edition and came with CD and A/C - man we we stoked!!!

The new ride that we bought last week is 2013 Astra Select 1.6T Auto with Leather Pack and SatNav. Got a really great deal from Adelaide Opel with a shit load of freebies chucked in too caspers turbo

what freebies did you get, and what did you pay if i can be so rude, pm me if you dont want the world to hear Theo

dutchy
27th August 2013, 11:36 AM

Just checked and yes, playing mp3's stored on the phone does work when connected to usb. I did have to select "connect to phone" though instead of "charge phone". Streaming through bluetooth doesn't work indeed but can only make phonecalls when connected to bluetooth. In what format have you stored music on your phone ?

Theo
27th August 2013, 08:29 PM
Just checked and yes, playing mp3's stored on the phone does work when connected to usb. I did have to select "connect to phone" though instead of "charge phone". Streaming through bluetooth doesn't work indeed but can only make phonecalls when connected to bluetooth. In what format have you stored music on your phone ?

Music format is in mp3... When I connect the phone via USB, I'm getting a error message - Device not supported. I had music firstly on the SD card, then on the phone..still then same message.

I'm also unsure if this new software update will fixed it.

PreeCilla
27th August 2013, 08:38 PM
The new update out yet? Heard it was in the coming weeks. Same me a trip to my not so local dealer.

Theo
27th August 2013, 09:10 PM
The new update out yet? Heard it was in the coming weeks. Same me a trip to my not so local dealer.
This update is for the SD card reader issue with the navigation...I'm unsure about another update. But either way I prefer to get things done by the Opel dealer instead of those hacks from Holden.

dutchy
27th August 2013, 09:59 PM
Music format is in mp3... When I connect the phone via USB, I'm getting a error message - Device not supported. I had music firstly on the SD card, then on the phone..still then same message.

I'm also unsure if this new software update will fixed it.

Don't know why it wouldn't work on yours while it does work on mine with the same phone & same system. Must be the way you have stored it on your phone then or in which folder. I access the phone storage folder through the Navi900 and there are no issues at all, works just fine. I do have the latest Navi900 software update so that might do the trick. Also got videoclips stored on the phone and these cannot be accessed through the Navi900.

dutchy
27th August 2013, 10:00 PM

This update is for the SD card reader issue with the navigation...I'm unsure about another update. But either way I prefer to get things done by the Opel dealer instead of those hacks from Holden.

There is a second update on the way too and the dealers should receive it any day now. Not sure what this update is for though. I'll be getting it as soon as I get the email from the dealer in Brisbane.

Theo
27th August 2013, 10:02 PM
Don't know why it wouldn't work on yours while it does work on mine with the same phone & same system. Must be the way you have stored it on your phone then or in which folder. I access the phone storage folder through the Navi900 and there are no issues at all, works just fine. I do have the latest Navi900 software update so that might do the trick. Also got videoclips stored on the phone and these cannot be accessed through the Navi900.

will let you tomorrow how it goes after the update...

Theo
29th August 2013, 09:17 PM
Had the latest update done today by Adelaide Opel...appears to have fixed the SD card issue.

dutchy
29th August 2013, 09:20 PM
:thumbs:

Theo
31st August 2013, 03:08 PM
Appears the SD card issue has been resolved. However now I have the Celsius and Fahrenheit issue....

dutchy
31st August 2013, 05:23 PM
Appears the SD card issue has been resolved. However now I have the Celsius and Fahrenheit issue....

that should have been fixed with that update too. Celcius will come back once you turn the engine off. There's another update on the way which I guess will be ready in a week or 2 weeks or so. Get that one too and all should be fixed (I hope).

Theo
31st August 2013, 09:07 PM
that should have been fixed with that update too. Celcius will come back once you turn the engine off. There's another update on the way which I guess will be ready in a week or 2 weeks or so. Get that one too and all should be fixed (I hope).

I can live with it for while, however it will drive me nuts seeing Fahrenheit.
So what actually happens when a update is available? Does the dealer call you and say to come down?

dutchy
31st August 2013, 10:04 PM
It's strange seeing that indeed. They, the dealer in Brisbane, call or email me when the next update is available.

PreeCilla
2nd September 2013, 10:30 AM
I can live with it for while, however it will drive me nuts seeing Fahrenheit.
So what actually happens when a update is available? Does the dealer call you and say to come down?
Any one else experienced this?
Dont want to make my long drive to the dealer a regular thing.

OPC1
2nd September 2013, 11:15 AM
I haven't had Fahrenheit come up on the top line since I booked in to have the update (ain't it always the way). And I always got miles/yards at the same time "go straight ahead for the next 9 miles".

After the update, I occasionally see the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit when I turn the car on, but it never comes up on the top line. This update was done on Friday 23rd and I'm not sure when that became available.

PreeCilla
2nd September 2013, 11:33 AM
3/4 Opel dealers in Sydney said they wont update it for me... YAY. Last one is where I got the car from 90 plus mins drive.

poita
2nd September 2013, 12:01 PM
3/4 Opel dealers in Sydney said they wont update it for me... YAY. Last one is where I got the car from 90 plus mins drive.

That's bullshit. What reason have they given as to why they won't do it?

PreeCilla
2nd September 2013, 06:39 PM
That's bullshit. What reason have they given as to why they won't do it?

One said Opel took away all software, tools and power the day they called the pull out. Other said " we are not longer opel". After some 15 mins on the phone ,several diversions to people and a embarrassing load of abuse.. I was simply told to book my car in . Although was told it would take an hour and while its not a hard task someone must be found "who can do it right".
Find out tomorrow how that goes!
I could have gone back to where I got the car but was a long drive.

So 2/4 Dealers are useless.

45Trekker
2nd September 2013, 06:50 PM
It is not obvious to me how we will get map updates. A think it is a bit hard to see Opel paying Navteq or whatever other 3rd party is involved in producing Australian maps. It would be hard for a 3rd party to produce Australian Opel maps at an affordable price, unless the Navi 900 is built on a common underlying platform. Anyone know?

BTW My Astra Select Navi 900 behaves well. I think Eastside Opel must have updated it before delivery.

PreeCilla
2nd September 2013, 07:06 PM
I am assuming it the same base as the Holden Cruze and Malibu's? Seems like this would may sense. Additionally MapTeq would be a middle company in the process. Im guessing the map would be produced by a different company and just formatted by Mapteq.

Holden and Chev pride themselves on the Malibu's system.

Theo
2nd September 2013, 09:11 PM
I haven't had Fahrenheit come up on the top line since I booked in to have the update (ain't it always the way). And I always got miles/yards at the same time "go straight ahead for the next 9 miles".

After the update, I occasionally see the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit when I turn the car on, but it never comes up on the top line. This update was done on Friday 23rd and I'm not sure when that became available.

Yeah I only get is once I start the car up and the cabin temperature comes up - not on the top line. However my wife claims that when she adjusted the climate control it stayed in Fahrenheit.

One said Opel took away all software, tools and power the day they called the pull out. Other said " we are not longer opel". After some 15 mins on the phone ,several diversions to people and a embarrassing load of abuse.. I was simply told to book my car in . Although was told it would take an hour and while its not a hard task someone must be found "who can do it right".

I'm hoping that this is not a sign of things to come - i.e any problems with Opel sold cars and owners get the shrug off.

Let us know how you go anyway...

dutchy
2nd September 2013, 09:14 PM

That is just an absolute load of bullcrap. I would stick to my guns. Assume you also got that letter form Opel. There's a number on there, give that a call.

PreeCilla
3rd September 2013, 07:37 AM
That is just an absolute load of bullcrap. I would stick to my guns. Assume you also got that letter form Opel. There's a number on there, give that a call.
I did call Opel- was just directed to my closes dealers. Information which is not new to me. See how the Tynnan Opel do. It's a 40 min drive there and I have taken the day off so really hope it's sorted. Maps have been fine lately but I don't want to have to rely on it and it doesn't work one day.
Worst come to worst can deal with *eww* my local Holden dealer - whom I hate with great passion. But its much more convenient then driving all across Sydney.

Theo
3rd September 2013, 06:21 PM

for those who have just bought an Opel and don't have a letter, can you please post the number?

dutchy
3rd September 2013, 07:26 PM
for those who have just bought an Opel and don't have a letter, can you please post the number?

1800 993 677 Between 9 am and 5 pm

Theo
3rd September 2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks dutchy...

PreeCilla
3rd September 2013, 08:51 PM
1800 993 677 Between 9 am and 5 pm
This number can also be found on their website incase anyone is in need.

Got my update today. Took them about 90mins but all done! No temperature conversation issues as of yet although have had a very slow redirection response and quite a bit of lag. Hope this smooths over as time goes on.
Got fed alot of BS about the Opel system taking ages to boot up prior to the car being taken into the workshop etc.

Theo
3rd September 2013, 09:10 PM

Got my update today. Took them about 90mins but all done! No temperature conversation issues as of yet although have had a very slow redirection response and quite a bit of lag. Hope this smooths over as time goes on.
Got fed alot of BS about the Opel system taking ages to boot up prior to the car being taken into the workshop etc.

Good stuff...hope you don't have any more issues.

In regards to the temperature issue, it hasn't happened again on my Astra , could have been a once off.

dutchy
3rd September 2013, 09:32 PM

Mine did that as well the first time at boot up after the update. It's all good now.

dutchy
3rd September 2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks dutchy...

No problem. You can call them, customer assistance centre, with any questions or worries you have (though their response might be somewhat standard.....).

MikeS55
5th September 2013, 08:47 PM
I got my Navi900 updated at Adelaide Opel last week. No more SD card issues but have had the C/F temperature problem both today and yesterday.

Theo
5th September 2013, 10:12 PM
I got my Navi900 updated at Adelaide Opel last week. No more SD card issues but have had the C/F temperature problem both today and yesterday.

I rang Gerald today from Adelaide Opel, he was surprised about the whole C/F temperature..... anyway it is booked in again for a re-install.
Might be an idea to do the same...

dutchy
5th September 2013, 10:16 PM
thats funny as this update was supposed to fix both the sd card issue as well as the celcius / fahrenheit problem. Since I go the update, I didnt have any of those issues anymore.

rujo
7th September 2013, 02:59 PM
I've checked mine and it seems i have the latest version installed already. I've picked up mine the last week of June. I don't use navigation that often, only 3-4 times so far. In 8 weeks I've owned the car I saw once the system to show F and navigation distance in miles and yards. After restarting the engine all went back to normal.

However there are other features or lack of features which are driving me mad sometimes:

1) The system doesn't always remember the last song when playing of the USB drive and iPod. It happens anywhere 1 - 4 times a week where you start the engine and system starts playing the first song in the list or playlist instead of the last album/folder that was playing before turning the engine off.

2) No option to go to the current playlist e.g. on the iPhone/iPod you can press a key and it will show you the current playing album and mark/select the song that is currently playing.

3) Step back when selecting songs e.g. while playing a song I would like to press a key which will take me back to the current album then press it again to take me back to the list of albums, press it again to take me to the list of artist. The only way to change to a different album is to press the menu, scroll down to the artist, then select a different album. Try this with hundreds of artist and you will get sick of scrolling down. I had my iPod classic plugged in with 120 GB of music and I couldn't use it. Now I just have a USB drive with 40 artist to make it more usable.

Anyone found these to be issues or am I missing something obvious?

Theo
9th September 2013, 03:13 PM
I rang Gerald today from Adelaide Opel, he was surprised about the whole C/F temperature..... anyway it is booked in again for a re-install.
Might be an idea to do the same...

Ok...update didn't go ahead as planned as the only Opel Technician in Adelaide is off on training, however have some info regarding the C/F issue.

It has been reported that there are still a number of cars that have this C/F issue still, even after the 2nd software update (even the Opel Australia
Service Manager has this issue.

I have been told that Bosch is apparently still working on a fix

My details have been logged into some kind of database and once Opel Australia (or however takes over the servicing) will notify me once the update is available.

If I hear anything else I'll post it.

nigelh
9th September 2013, 05:15 PM
I haven't had the c/f issue at all that I've noticed, but sometimes when I plug my iPhone into the USB port it does not recognise it and can't play songs from my phone. Anyone else have this problem?

Theo
9th September 2013, 09:37 PM
I haven't had the c/f issue at all that I've noticed, but sometimes when I plug my iPhone into the USB port it does not recognise it and can't play songs from my phone. Anyone else have this problem?

Which iPhone do you have?
My iPod touch has the same problem and that is the 2nd generation...but my wife's iPhone 4 does get recognised.

nigelh
9th September 2013, 10:29 PM
It's a 4s, most of the time it works fine. I think it might be if I haven't plugged it in before turning the key on but not sure.

dynamik
24th September 2013, 10:42 PM
I had the firmware update applied before Opel went bye bye and it solved the SD Card maps issue for me.

I have noticed it not remembering the last song from a USB stick and I think it happens when you select tracks via spinning the "jog wheel".
Selecting by Menu/Folder, using the << >> buttons or the steering wheel selector it never has an issue.

Theo
9th January 2014, 12:29 PM
Having a new issue with the Navi900 Infotainment System:-

Navi900 can see my phone and connect via Bluetooth, however unable to make calls from it. I've just had my sim card replaced, but cant see why this would cause a problem.
I've done a factory reset on both the phone and Navi900, but still no good.

Just throwing it out there...has anyone experienced this same problem?

dutchy
9th January 2014, 01:37 PM
when phone bluetooth is connected to the car, can you be called ?

nigelh
9th January 2014, 02:01 PM
I had this problem after updating my phone software, I just removed it from the system and paired it again and haven't had a problem since.

Theo
9th January 2014, 02:24 PM
when phone bluetooth is connected to the car, can you be called ?
dutchy - yes I can be called and all is good, just cant make a call using the bluetooth when connected to my Xperia Z.
I tried my work phone - old skool nokia and that works a treat.

I had this problem after updating my phone software, I just removed it from the system and paired it again and haven't had a problem since.
nigelh - I have just remembered that I updated the Xperia Z to run Android 4.3 - this might cause the problem. I have unpaired both and reconnected but no joy. I did also notice when I reconnected, the phone didn't ask me if I allow the carkit to access my PBAP.

eddysdaman
9th January 2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah I've noticed on/off issues with the later versions of android. I think it has something to do with the type of security lock you have on your phone (swipe,pin,pattern etc)

dutchy
9th January 2014, 05:01 PM
its something about a program on the phone not running. I think it has to do with the phonebook. If I turn programs of to save battery life, I cant make phonecalls either and then I also cant access the phonebook.

Theo
9th January 2014, 08:29 PM
its something about a program on the phone not running. I think it has to do with the phonebook. If I turn programs of to save battery life, I cant make phonecalls either and then I also cant access the phonebook.

i tend to agree...but which app/program needs to be either turned on or off?

dutchy
9th January 2014, 09:49 PM
i tend to agree...but which app/program needs to be either turned on or off?

don't know as I am not very good with the technical side of phones (or any other electronics for that matter). When I'm in "aaplications" and then in "running services", there are 2 of them that make the phone inoperableif I turn them off. I can be called but I cant make phonecalls. These are "bluetootoothOppService" and "BluetoothPbapService". I can only turn these back on when I turn the phone on and off. Might be another way but I don't know how. When turned off, I also have no access to the phonebook through the Navi system. Hope that helps you a bit in finding out what your problem is.

Theo
9th January 2014, 10:06 PM
don't know as I am not very good with the technical side of phones (or any other electronics for that matter). When I'm in "aaplications" and then in "running services", there are 2 of them that make the phone inoperableif I turn them off. I can be called but I cant make phonecalls. These are "bluetootoothOppService" and "BluetoothPbapService". I can only turn these back on when I turn the phone on and off. Might be another way but I don't know how. When turned off, I also have no access to the phonebook through the Navi system. Hope that helps you a bit in finding out what your problem is.

Thanks dutchy you have helped heaps...

It appears that when I updated the Xperia Z to 4.3 - "bluetootoothOppService" and "BluetoothPbapService" have disappeared from the phone.
however I have reconnected the Xperia to both the Subaru and Valiant - they are running Kenwood/Sony decks, and the phone works fine.

I research on google for a solution, and might even get Holden to do a software upgrade when I take it in for a service.

Theo
10th January 2014, 01:18 PM
dutchy...are you still running Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 on your Xperia?

dutchy
10th January 2014, 04:35 PM
dutchy...are you still running Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 on your Xperia?

No idea. Haven't done any updates, used it as it came out of the box. If something works, I dont do any updates because most of the time after an update things are stuffed. So it'll probably be 4.2.2

mike005
18th February 2014, 11:00 AM
Hi, I've just purchased a new Insignia and I would like to confirm if I need to update the NAVI900 system. If you have the latest software installed would you please let me know the version information so I can check.
Thanks

dutchy
18th February 2014, 12:09 PM
I would tend to think that since you got a new car, any software updates currently available would have been done at delivery. Use the car for a while and see if any issues come up (some known ones are a message "sd card not inserted", usb stick problems or clock changes time for no reason). If any of those issues come up, go back to the dealer or ask for it while you're having your first service done. Some people did have problems with the sd card or clock while some others didn't.

Theo
18th February 2014, 03:40 PM
I would tend to think that since you got a new car, any software updates currently available would have been done at delivery. Use the car for a while and see if any issues come up (some known ones are a message "sd card not inserted", usb stick problems or clock changes time for no reason). If any of those issues come up, go back to the dealer or ask for it while you're having your first service done. Some people did have problems with the sd card or clock while some others didn't.

...there was also an issue with the Celsius temp changing to Fahrenheit.

dutchy
18th February 2014, 06:56 PM
...there was also an issue with the Celsius temp changing to Fahrenheit.

ah yeah, forgot about that one. The update I got fixed that too.

mike005
19th February 2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks Guys

The car build date is Aug 2012 with Aust. compliance plate Nov 13 and I picked in up in Melb. and drove it Sydney, where I live, about a week ago.

I called the customer support number who looked up the VIN number on their systems and said there are possibly 2 recalls for my car (diesel filter calibration and NAVi) but also said that although the data base has no record of them having been implemented they still may have been so but due to the disruption with OPEL the update to the database may have been overlooked.

Rather than risk a dealer accidently introducing a problem during an upgrade that is not necessary, I was hoping to establish if the updates had been installed by checking the NAVi update as it is the most resent recall.

Do you know the version of the latest version of the software?

Cheers

nigelh
3rd March 2014, 05:51 PM
Has anyone had any problems since having the update done? I always thought mine was done in pd (I asked them to make sure it was done) but just today I saw the temp had gone to F. then after washing it ect got in and the sd card message came up, first time I've had this problem.

dutchy
3rd March 2014, 10:17 PM
Had those problems before the update but since update, no problems whatsoever.

Theo
1st April 2014, 06:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone has the Samsung S4, running android 4.3, and if they have any issues with Navi900 bluetooth ie making calls and receiving calls?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Summit
11th May 2014, 01:16 AM
I have a S4 with Android 4.3.
I dont seem to have any problems with the navi900.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.2.

Theo
11th May 2014, 08:46 AM
I have a S4 with Android 4.3.
I dont seem to have any problems with the navi900.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.2.

So you can still access your phonebook through NAVI900 , and still use the controls on the steering wheel when making a call and hanging up?

SIMid
12th May 2014, 11:47 AM
Is the update on the SD or it's a firmware onto the unit itself?

Really want the map update, where I live, it's not on the map! :(

dutchy
12th May 2014, 08:45 PM
Is the update on the SD or it's a firmware onto the unit itself?

Really want the map update, where I live, it's not on the map! :(

It's a firmware update. As far as I know, there is no map update available as yet.

Summit
16th May 2014, 05:36 PM
So you can still access your phonebook through NAVI900 , and still use the controls on the steering wheel when making a call and hanging up?

Yes, I just tested all of these features and they work for me.

Theo
16th May 2014, 05:42 PM
Yes, I just tested all of these features and they work for me.

Cheers Summit...I upgrade the wife's phone and all is good too.