PDA

View Full Version : Nerds: eBay Deal - 4tb External Drive - $179

hazrd
21st May 2013, 11:28 AM
http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/deal?itemId=360655795784

Not familiar with the 'Buffalo' brand. Nonetheless, its still damn cheap for a 4TB external.

Deal only goes for 6 more days or until 400 are sold so get in quick if you are keen

poita
21st May 2013, 11:39 AM
Wow that's cheap!! Usually around the $300 mark.

And generally Buffalo use Western Digital drives, Buffalo only make the cases/housings for them.

eddysdaman
21st May 2013, 03:34 PM
damn. for that price I'd rip em out of the case and shove em in my NAS. Insta-16tb.

regardless, never had good experiences with buffalo or WD. so I'll steer clear :P

Brando47
21st May 2013, 03:52 PM
Have had bad experiences with WD drives, buggered up microsoft office on my computer once there, think basically the software on one of the external drives decided to change the directory of my temp folder in the registry. In saying that, have been using them as internal drives for a while now since they're cheap and haven't had a problem. I always format any external drives I get now before I use them, wipe off all the dodgy software they seem to always come with

chris_r
21st May 2013, 05:48 PM
Funny, I've had issues with Seagate drives over the years. Never had any problems with WD and I've had a 1TB, a 320GB and a 500GB in my desktop for the last few years, which runs 24/7. For the machines I've built in my spare time, I've always used WD drives without problems.

Still 4TB for under $200 is awesome in an external drive.