PDA

View Full Version : As new as you can get!

smart770
25th April 2013, 08:39 AM
Hi All, I've joined as part of the Opel family and am picking up my Opel Astra Sports tomorrow! So, in fact, I don't even have an Opel just now but in 24hrs will have!! Very exciting.

Looking forward to sharing and hearing all about the benefits from being part of the Opel family.

One interesting point I wanted to make and see other's comments is that when you go to the Opel Au corporate website, they have no facility to give them your email! Crazy!! You can't sign up for a newsletter or anything similar. Don't you think this is crazy on their part? I'd love to get on their NEwsletter list to see updates and new stuff, etc. Does anyone else agree with this? Talk soon.:smile5:

Nurb608
25th April 2013, 08:46 AM
Welcome mate, Congrats on the purchase

dutchy
25th April 2013, 09:14 AM
welcome to the forum mate. hope you'll enjoy your new car. what colour did you get and you took any options ?

guy 27
25th April 2013, 09:15 AM
Welcome to oa

jb05
25th April 2013, 09:37 AM
Welcome...

faneca
25th April 2013, 10:12 AM
Congrats on the purchase mate! You will love it!

smart770
25th April 2013, 12:24 PM
welcome to the forum mate. hope you'll enjoy your new car. what colour did you get and you took any options ?

Trying to learn about how to use the forums! Not easy for a Newbie. Got a Red Astra Sports. Company car!! V exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like to drive each day and also to any mods in the future I can look into.

smart770
25th April 2013, 12:25 PM
As for options, it comes with everything I'll ever need!! std on sports.
I'm eager to see if anyone else also thinks Opel Au should have a newsletter of sorts??? No replies yet.

dutchy
25th April 2013, 12:36 PM
Im sure you'll ,love it mate. I've got the same one (apart from the options). Pity you didnt take FlexRide as it's just an awesome system.
As for newsletters, I do get messages and updates through facebook from Opel Australia and Opel Brisbane. But honestly, I don't care much about a newsletter if they do one because most of the info they would supply, will be old news, to me anyway.

dutchy
25th April 2013, 12:40 PM
Nice one mate. If it's a company car, you wouldnt mod too much I guess apart from some minor parts. Certainly not a stage tune as i doubt a company will pay for that. Have a look at my members ride. I de-lettered the rear, put smoked side indicators on and gave it a tint basically (for now)

smart770
25th April 2013, 12:45 PM
Hmmm. To clarify, its my car, but company is paying for it as part of package. I like this! I got tinted windows. I was thinking of seeing what the power is like as I'm thinking it might be on the low side. I'm driving a Mondeo diesel turbo now and it does have v nice power. Puts you back in the seat stuff. Know what I mean. So I was thinking if the 'chip' is modifiable I could squeeze more power/torque from it. JUst thinking about it. The wife probably won't allow.lol

dutchy
25th April 2013, 01:28 PM
Ah ok, understand. It's indeed a bit on the low side with power, at least for me it is. Think if you had a car with much less power before, you'll be happy with this for now. If you had more power before, you'd be wanting to squeeze some more out of this one. I've been looking into tuning it and overseas, it's very normal. Standard maps, like the eds one, don't go higher than phase 1 as yet. Custom tune beyond phase 1 is possible but you'll have to upgrade several parts that don't come cheap yet. Just do a google on the a16let and you'll find plenty of options that'll give you a good indication of whats possible.

jamie84
26th April 2013, 05:13 AM
welcome to OA :)