PDA

View Full Version : New Member from NW of Melbourne....

shhchen
15th April 2013, 05:24 PM
Hello all (please be gentle with with me) .....

I'm a owner a 2001 Astra TS City 3door hatchback. Had it since 2002 as second owner.

Personally I love the car, and had it for close to 12 years now. It starts as my 1st car and now becoming my Gogo mobile to carry me and my kayak to my fishing trips. But this year, it ahs been playing up quite abit. The old faithful might or might not be in in its last leg, but really don't want to trade in yet.

Hoping to seek help from people from this forum, to help me keep the car, as I already spent 2k+ in the alst 12 months to fix various things, and wife want me to get rid of it, which I refuse to atm. But with things keep on cropping up, I can't justify keep on bring into dealership to get it fixed......

Anyway, Latest problem I am having is, my Emission light came up again (3rd time in the alst 12 mths). 1st time, took it to service in Ultratune, they told me just dirty O2 sensor. they cleaned it and it's fine (but they tell me my timing belt's gasket is leaking....... so need to replace everything..... yes, I'm a noob, so end up go ahead. Slugged with 1.6K+ including replacing the water pump, as I knew wterpump is one of few item that might fail in long term, so might as wll repalce it at the same time) ........ 2nd time, Happened just before I took my astra into Holden to replace aircon compressor, They said the ECU is giving false error code, so not to worry and they reset teh error code for free (compressor died more than 6mths during winter. Lucky I knew the spare-part's manager, so he gave me really good rate which cost me totally 800 inclusive of labour). Now, 4 mths down the track, the emission light came on again, and too afraid to drive far, so now ordered a OBD2 Diagnostic Reader hope to read what is the error code (Suspect it's O2 sensor) before I take it to Holden again.

I noticed my engine is quite noisy now, and on rare occasionally, sluggish in acceleration. So not 100% what other things mgiht be "on it's way" .....

Anyway. Thanks in advance to anyone can give em some advice !

guy 27
15th April 2013, 05:31 PM
Welcome to OA

dutchy
15th April 2013, 05:34 PM
first of all, welcome to the site.

faneca
15th April 2013, 05:51 PM
Welcome to OA.

perhaps start up a thread for what's going on with fault codes when you can get them up as it may get lost in the welcome thread

shhchen
15th April 2013, 05:54 PM
Cheers. Creating it right now. thanks !

jb05
15th April 2013, 06:03 PM
Welcome...

btm
16th April 2013, 10:41 AM
welcome to the site!

jamie84
17th April 2013, 05:24 AM
welcome to OA