PDA

View Full Version : Led light replacement issues!!! Death!!

Devs
9th April 2013, 07:28 PM
Hi all, just replaced all the interior globes with LEDs until I got to the back seat globes! Put them in and now neither the front or rear work including the glove box!?! either in aux mode or when the car is powered on?! I put the originals back in but no joy? Pretty stumped so need some thoughts on the matter. The car is a astra cdx wagon.

guy 27
9th April 2013, 07:32 PM
checked fuse?

also are leds canbus safe?

Devs
9th April 2013, 07:43 PM
Canbus safe? And yes have checked fuse. I just went back to diagnose and the fronts and glovebox are working! But had power on and swapped out the originals in the back with the LEDs and poof! As if something tripped out! Wtf?!

Danny86
9th April 2013, 07:59 PM
Did you try to remove the LEDs and put them In the opposite way. I had this issue with my leds in my AH astra.

Danny..

hazrd
9th April 2013, 08:03 PM
I had to buy canbus safe LEDs for our AH because they would flicker, then turn off whenever opening the door or boot

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-CANBUS-NO-ERROR-3-SMD-LED-Interior-Bulb-Light-36mm-/170947801406?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cd48713e

(note these arent the actual globes i bought, just an example to show you what they look like)

Devs
9th April 2013, 08:52 PM
Yes have reversed the polarity and still no joy? Also hazrd as far as the canbus safe thing, why do they work in the front and not the back if this is the issue and they are the same LEDs ?
Thanks.

hazrd
9th April 2013, 08:57 PM
Not sure dude, never heard of that one :/ sorry. Worked a treat once i bought the canbus safe ones though

Devs
9th April 2013, 09:44 PM
All sorted fellas! On the wedge type LED bulbs the wires that wrap around the plastic tail that distinguish your positive and negative, well the wires wrap on both sides so the bulb has pos and neg both sides! So I covered each pol on each side with elec tape so there is only one pos+ and one neg-, presto it doesn't arc out!! Hope this helps for future references :-)
Cheers.