PDA

View Full Version : reverse light tint

dutchy
2nd April 2013, 04:39 PM
The new Astra has got a white piece on the lens for the reverse light and the other side is red. I've just done a googly search to find out if it's legal or not to tint / spray this. Some say that you can and some say that you can't.
I also checked the Qld transport website and nowhere it's mentioned that you can't do it. All that the rta says is;
"Lens repairs are acceptable but must not reduce the effectiveness of the light when the
light is lit" and "White coloured lights or reflectors are only permitted for front facing lights, number
plate and reversing lights." It does actually also say that reversing lights are optional and not mandatory. So can I assume then that I can safely paint the inside of the reversing light in a red tint to get rid if the horrible white colour so it matches the other side of the lights which is red already ?

faneca
2nd April 2013, 05:33 PM
I have seen quite a few cars without reverse lights mind you they are mainly older cars, but if they were compulsory older cars would be made to have reverse lights. Like they were with indicators.

dutchy
3rd April 2013, 10:35 AM
Still in limbo.