PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide fella sayin hey!

adammm
6th March 2013, 02:03 AM
Hey guys

thought i'd finally register and introduce myself

Im Adam, from adelaide!

A couple months ago, i was given the opportunity to buy a 2001 xc barina, for a couple hundred bucks! 100,000km needed some work.

So i went around, paid for it, drove it home, to which it drove like, a low km car! great!
Got it home and ended up with a couple pages of small things which just needed to be done and became quite a headache, the list included things like

Wiper Motor sized
Head lights were cracked/reflectors smashed
Interior was filthy
Stereo didnt work
rear right 1/4 window was smashed
Keys didnt fit the drivers door or hatch (found out the hard way when the battery went flat)
Dead battery (needing a replacement)
noisy strut tops
needing new rubber

the list just goes on and on
After some hard work in fixing the small niggly things (all of the above atleast done) its looking like a respectable ride.

Over the last week i've sat down with the misses discussing what we're doing with it (i drive a vy sv8 as a daily car) at which we've both decided its going to be my new project :D

I've got a nice little list of parts which im currently gathering, just to get your mouths watering, ill list a couple parts

Custom inlet plenum
Custom forged rods/pistons to suit z14 engine
Garrett GT2560r turbo

Anyway, i think thats enough rambling for tonight.

Ill leave you with a pic i took earlier tonight of some new headlights i obtained earlier during the day..

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2337/headlightsj.jpg

Cheers

Adam

Nurb608
6th March 2013, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum Adam

faneca
6th March 2013, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Adam

Welcome along Adam!
Where abouts are you in Adelaide?

Lol another Adam from Adelaide haha

PreeCilla
6th March 2013, 08:36 AM
Hey Adam, Looking forward to see what you do with the car :)

dutchy
6th March 2013, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Adam.

adam_92
6th March 2013, 10:10 AM
Welcome to opelaus Adam. There's a few Adam's on the forum and now 2 in adelaide...

btm
6th March 2013, 11:14 AM
welcome to the site!

guy 27
6th March 2013, 11:32 AM
Welcome to oa

adammm
6th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the greets guys
im in gepps cross area, so another northerner

here's another pic of the xc, paint is pretty bad, or should i say, the lack of clear coat makes it look milky/patchy :| but dont worry! thats also on the list of things to fix

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9945/72304393.jpg

Front bar is in primer as the previous owner rear ended somebody, needed a new radiator support, radiator, radiator brackets, airbags etc. airbag light is still on tho which is kinda odd as there are no error codes, had it scanned to try and sort out the airbag issue.
If anybody has any experience with airbags please do let me know!

Loving the new angel eyes i bought, altho, would be nice if i could bloody adjust them correctly :@

cheers

adam

poita
6th March 2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome to OpelAus mate

You should start a Member Ride thread to keep your car updates in one page so they dont get lost in here

adammm
6th March 2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome to OpelAus mate

You should start a Member Ride thread to keep your car updates in one page so they dont get lost in here

That ill be doing shortly :)

adam_92
6th March 2013, 02:52 PM
Also airbag light will need to be reset by Holden via tech2. The airbags won't fire in a collision when the light is on.

adammm
6th March 2013, 02:54 PM
Also airbag light will need to be reset by Holden via tech2. The airbags won't fire in a collision when the light is on.

yep and yep but saying that, if the airbag light is on, shouldnt it be throwing an error code when being scanned?
i had it checked out and it didnt throw any codes what so ever :|

rough price for a reset from holdens?

poita
6th March 2013, 03:11 PM
There is a squib behind the airbag which needs to be replaced according to here -> http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?380206-airbag-light-wont-piss-off/page2&

Sorry I can't be anymore helpful mate.

poita
6th March 2013, 03:27 PM
Actually this might help

Part description 2 - then part numbers on the left according to which model.

Jonski
6th March 2013, 06:16 PM
welcome to the forum mate!

if your after parts, try sourcing them online via autovaux website or similar ones, as holden will rip you off.

chris_r
6th March 2013, 07:21 PM

I'd say get an OP-COM reader/programmer and do it. Beats having your wallet raped by Holden.