PDA

View Full Version : Astra TS Convertible Servicing and Roof Repair

alisso
2nd March 2013, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

My second-hand Astra Convertible is due for a service, but it's now outside of the warranty, so I don't have to go back to the original dealer anymore. Given that they're almost an hour away from where I live, I thought I'd see if I could find somewhere good nearby. Any suggestions for an Astra pro in Western Sydney? Somewhere around Penrith/St Mary's would be ideal, but I'll take what I can get.

On similar lines, the hydraulics in the roof blew recently. This is the second time this has happened, and last time it cost me $5k at my dealership to get it all repaired - pump, lines, and latches all needed replacing. And the damage this time is on the opposite side of the car, so I suspect it's not covered by the repair warranty. Can anyone recommend a good place for that kind of work?

Thanks! :)

guy 27
2nd March 2013, 03:58 PM
Engine wise take it anywhere you like. Just do the oil changes every 10k km max not the 15 as specified.
Also I'd recommend getting the timing and balance chain kits replaced asap if they have not been done yet. This is due to age of the plastic guides used getting brittle.

As for the roof. If its just a hydraulic line. get that line removed and take it to pirtek or any hydraulic hose shop and get them to make you a new one.
I highly doubt that the complete system would of needed replacement last time. Its just easier for them to replace everything than repair the issue which costs less for the client.

Wraith
4th March 2013, 03:03 PM
See if you can get a hold of a previous member from here (Imay) who occasionally still posts, who used to own a TS vert and see what advice he can give you as he too had his roof serviced/replaced at one time, although both he and I are from different states as yourself.

Mine has not needed such attention so I cannot directly comment, however what you stated sounds about right, one time I enquired for a top replacement it was 7k. if yours only needs hydraulic lines servicing then it shouldn't be that expensive as pointed out above.

Jonski
5th March 2013, 10:38 PM
there was a guy in sydney i use to take my saab 9-3 turbo to.
But he charge an arm and a leg for the service.