PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson VS Vauxhall VXR Astra

SIMid
20th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Watched it last night, seems to be a winner in his books.:yesnod:

Harris does not think the same though. But then, Harris is a more experienced driver as Clarkson to me, is a bit of a hoon/showoff/entertainer.

PS88
20th February 2013, 03:38 PM
Link to download or YouTube ?

guy 27
20th February 2013, 03:48 PM
here is the chris harris review

http://youtu.be/CR2uUb4d4NI

top gear you will have to wait till someone uploads onto youtube or watch on tv. There is also one more option that i can't mention.

PS88
20th February 2013, 03:49 PM
EP 19 is on Youtube but crap quility

poita
20th February 2013, 03:49 PM
Season 19 episode 4 and look in the right places

gman
20th February 2013, 07:57 PM
Whats the other one...Hmmm ;)

Thats right...bacon gear dot com

Feelinlucky75
20th February 2013, 08:19 PM
Just watched the first 4 eps.... Not bad :D
Liking this season so far.

poita
20th February 2013, 10:40 PM
I also loved his review on the Vec B in this episode.

If you do own a Vec B, my advice. Don't watch lol

eddysdaman
21st February 2013, 12:28 AM
i think i mentioned that which cant be mentioned as my post disappeared into the vast array of interwebs lol.

remind me why that which cant be mentioned cant be mentioned?
SIMid I imagine we share the same source for our TG fixes :P

hazrd
21st February 2013, 06:24 AM
There are certain legal aspects that prevent us from allowing discussion of said sources. Let's call them bacon sources.

Although discussion over PM about said bacon sources is more than welcome ;)

JohnBu
21st February 2013, 07:37 AM
Mmmmmmmm bacon..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

poita
21st February 2013, 07:57 AM
Mmmmmmmm bacon..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

+1 mmmmmmmmmm bacon

Jonski
21st February 2013, 08:29 AM
ive noticed clarkson is biased, pretty sure he prefers the fords.

Elliot_O
21st February 2013, 09:49 AM
ive noticed clarkson is biased, pretty sure he prefers the fords.

He always has liked the fords more, but it would be interesting versing the new astra against his old favourite the focus RS.
Really cool article i thought!

poita
21st February 2013, 09:50 AM
He doesn't like Ford more, he just hates Vauxhall full stop

DWS 92
21st February 2013, 10:13 AM
I also loved his review on the Vec B in this episode.

If you do own a Vec B, my advice. Don't watch lol

I know. . They even blew one up!! :(

Elliot_O
21st February 2013, 10:58 AM
Well I thought he always liked the Fords more in regards to their reviews on the Focus RS, Ford GT, Mondeo, Fiesta and even the S-MAX MPV... haha So he likes them A LOT more than Vauxhalls then?

SIMid
21st February 2013, 11:18 AM
SIMid I imagine we share the same source for our TG fixes :P

Yup! ;)

scamp
21st February 2013, 01:28 PM
of course he likes fords more , he used to own a gt don't forget and it just proves what a plonka the big goose is

SIMid
21st February 2013, 02:55 PM
I guess I will have to take one for a spin when they arrive and decide for myself if it's any good. Seriously do not want to spend $$ on a new car when there's nothing wrong with the current ride. Don't mind the front and the wheels and the seats. Still not sold on the rear, side profile of the sweep around the door handles......

I can't compare the XR5 and Megane, but I don't like the look of the Ford (inside and out) and the interior in the Megane looks a bit unexciting. Looks great on the outside though.

eddysdaman
22nd February 2013, 03:17 PM
There are certain legal aspects that prevent us from allowing discussion of said sources. Let's call them bacon sources.

Although discussion over PM about said bacon sources is more than welcome ;)

Y@rrrr... Sad internet pirate :P

hazrd
22nd February 2013, 05:27 PM
Y@rrrr... Sad internet pirate :P

Walk the plank ye scarvy so n so :lol:

Red AH SRI T
22nd February 2013, 09:07 PM
I guess I will have to take one for a spin when they arrive and decide for myself if it's any good. Seriously do not want to spend $$ on a new car when there's nothing wrong with the current ride. Don't mind the front and the wheels and the seats. Still not sold on the rear, side profile of the sweep around the door handles......

I can't compare the XR5 and Megane, but I don't like the look of the Ford (inside and out) and the interior in the Megane looks a bit unexciting. Looks great on the outside though.

For the way the Megane drives you can put up with the interior. Trust me ;-)

preludacris
22nd February 2013, 10:05 PM
just watched this episode, and was hyped the Jeremy actually loved the OPC (though he couldn't admit ever loving a Vauxhall) lol.

awesome lap time too. only .1 seconds behind the evo 10 and sti

gravy258
24th February 2013, 09:37 AM
the focus ST was in front in the drag race but.

The internet between here and the UK is a bit slow for streaming live.

poita
24th February 2013, 10:58 AM
It was in front in the race, it was also at the very front when ugly was handed out

MitchSRi
24th February 2013, 11:54 AM
the focus ST was in front in the drag race but.

The internet between here and the UK is a bit slow for streaming live.

that's only because the driver of the Astra OPC completely stuffed the launch. It lagged off the line badly.

SIMid
25th February 2013, 11:51 AM
For the way the Megane drives you can put up with the interior. Trust me ;-)

My mechanic has banned me and everyone in the family to buying French cars. :lol: He said that some engineering is a bit too weird for his liking to work on.

PS88
25th February 2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/videos/small-passenger/opel/astra/opel-astra-opc-2013-video-review-35225

scamp
25th February 2013, 01:33 PM
My mechanic has banned me and everyone in the family to buying French cars. :lol: He said that some engineering is a bit too weird for his liking to work on.

don't blame him for that , I have 2 friends with pugs ( i nearly bought a 307 myself ) and they are both having hell problems with their froggy cars, some are just plain weird and every time it costs them a bomb to fix

gravy258
26th February 2013, 04:32 PM
LOL the engines are OK, as you see in the mini and the Focus diesel, its just the rest is junk

Red AH SRI T
1st March 2013, 06:57 PM

Time for a new mechanic! I've now had the RS250 for 2 years and 40,000km and not once has anything gone wrong

*touch wood*

SIMid
4th March 2013, 07:35 AM
Time for a new mechanic!

No way! He was the head mechanic at one of the Holden Dealerships for many years and left them cause they were pricks to him. Has his own business and I believe half the owners had defected to him! :)

Red AH SRI T
6th March 2013, 07:26 PM
No way! He was the head mechanic at one of the Holden Dealerships for many years and left them cause they were pricks to him. Has his own business and I believe half the owners had defected to him! :)

You trust a Daewoo mechanic? :p LOL

SIMid
13th March 2013, 07:51 AM
You trust a Daewoo mechanic? :p LOL

He hates all Holden Korean cars, hence maybe another reason to leave. ;)