PDA

View Full Version : OPC Full Tech Specs

poita
13th February 2013, 01:56 PM
Some info for you all :)

el3ment
22nd February 2013, 09:55 AM
Interesting. Thanks for posting that. Had a look through, but not much info on the speakers they are using. They say 'premium speakers' but what does that mean? Rockford Speakers? And being 7 speakers, is that 6 speakers plus a sub? Also no wattage mentioned on the system. :(

Suppose nobody out there knows?

poita
22nd February 2013, 12:08 PM
OpelBrisbane?

Mia Pederssen
23rd February 2013, 09:44 AM
Interesting question! They are a non-specific brand, and I will contact Opel HQ and find out what makes them so premium! Will keep you posted.

el3ment
25th February 2013, 02:35 PM
Being 7 speakers, I would assume a sub is involved, meaning an amp also, so it would have to be a known brand, or a brand re-badged to opel. I have a feeling that they are Infinity, seeing that in europe I believe they use infinity for the opels...

Looking forward for the more specific info Mia :)

guy 27
25th February 2013, 02:38 PM
7th speaker will be front centre.

Feelinlucky75
25th February 2013, 02:41 PM
not necessarily.... the astra h has a 7 speaker system,
2 front door mids, 2 front tweeters, 2 rear door coaxials and a front dash center speaker..

the center speaker from what i can tell only puts out the various warning bongs and bells our cars make..
maybe if it had a factory gps it would utilise this speaker too...

7th speaker will be front centre.

or what guy said lol :rolleyes5:

OpelBrisbane
25th February 2013, 03:37 PM
OpelBrisbane? el3ment Mia Pederssen guy

Hey Guys, Spoken to Opel Australia and the 7th speaker is "7th speaker is the centre front speaker, not a subwoofer." They are coming back to me with the rest of the info. Will let you know.

el3ment
25th February 2013, 04:19 PM
that would be a bit 'weird' listing a speaker that makes the sounds of the car.. ie warnings etc... Starting to sound like the 'premium' sound system isn't so premium.... (when compared to other manufactures). Lets wait and see what OpelBrissy come back with.

hazrd
25th February 2013, 05:19 PM
Premium doesn't mean it has to have a sub

Premium could mean a much better speaker system other than the standard paper cones, quality of the unit, cabling quality, the list goes on

I won't go too much more into detail but let's wait for the guys to confirm :)

2002_XC
25th February 2013, 06:18 PM
Premium doesn't mean it has to have a sub

Premium could mean a much better speaker system other than the standard paper cones, quality of the unit, cabling quality, the list goes on

I won't go too much more into detail but let's wait for the guys to confirm :)

Exactly

guy 27
25th February 2013, 06:33 PM
Doing some digging.

Premium sound system parts on Astra J
2 x LOUDSPEAKER,REAR DOOR (FOR INFINITY SPEAKER SYSTEM,POC UQA)
1 x LOUDSPEAKER,LOAD COMPARTMENT (FOR INFINITY SPEAKER SYSTEM,POC UQA)

rest of the speakers are listed as the same part numbers but that may be an error on my side.

Nurb608
25th February 2013, 08:17 PM
The centre speaker also works with the bluetooth to stop the feedback that you can get when running it through a full system, well that's what it does with the factory bluetooth on the VXR.

el3ment
25th February 2013, 10:47 PM
All valid comments. Thanks all. Appreciate the responses.

OpelBrisbane
26th February 2013, 09:03 AM
that would be a bit 'weird' listing a speaker that makes the sounds of the car.. ie warnings etc... Starting to sound like the 'premium' sound system isn't so premium.... (when compared to other manufactures). Lets wait and see what OpelBrissy come back with.

Answer from Opel Australia;
The 7 speakers do not include a subwoofer, the 7th is the centre front speaker. This front centre speaker is supplied by Sonavox and the rest of the speakers are supplied by Denon & Marantz. The system is then integrated by both Bosch and Opel.

Hope this helps guys.

el3ment
26th February 2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Chris for digging this up. Really appreciate it. :) And I'll try not to spam you too much on facebook. lol

poita
26th February 2013, 03:21 PM
Denon and Marantz, nice combination of equipment!

el3ment
26th February 2013, 04:07 PM
Denon and Marantz, nice combination of equipment!

Yeah I agree. Surprised by that. Wasn't even aware they made car speakers... :)

OpelBrisbane
26th February 2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks Chris for digging this up. Really appreciate it. :) And I'll try not to spam you too much on facebook. lol

Any time mate, will get back to you with the rest once I hear. And as for Facebook.... Spam away my friend good to have lots of activity on the page. :smile5: