PDA

View Full Version : Bloke from Adelaide saying G'day!

Ryan_Post
12th February 2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Silver 2003 Vectra CDXi with 180k on the clock.

It's mecanically in great condition, with a few cosmetic blemishes (the usual issues that come with age)

Picked it up for $5200 (a bargain if you ask me).

chris_r
12th February 2013, 09:00 AM
Hi and welcome,

Sounds like a bargain you picked up there and always good to have another SA member on board.

Also, if you're interested, we've got a cruise to Victor Harbour happening on the 24th of this month.

Nurb608
12th February 2013, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the forum.

faneca
12th February 2013, 10:00 AM
Welcome along mate, good pick up indeed!

Also, if you're interested, we've got a cruise to Victor Harbour happening on the 24th of this month.
This^^^

btm
12th February 2013, 10:07 AM
congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard!

guy 27
12th February 2013, 10:10 AM
Welcome to oa

ChrisMaz
12th February 2013, 10:34 AM
Welcome mate.

Always good to see another vectra driver join.

Ryan_Post
12th February 2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome mate.

Always good to see another vectra driver join.

Hi Chris,

Loving your Vectra. Really nicely done.

Will post pics & list of blemishes when i pick it up this weeked.

adam_92
12th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome to opelaus from an ex veccy cdxi owner... Good to see someone else from Adelaide too!

ChrisMaz
12th February 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi Chris,

Loving your Vectra. Really nicely done.

Will post pics & list of blemishes when i pick it up this weeked.

Thanks mate.
Any plans to modify?

Ryan_Post
12th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks mate.
Any plans to modify?

Hi Chris,

Want to get all the little niggly things sorted first (ie worn leather on the gear knob) and the rest of those little things.

After that, yes, I do want to look at tasteful, and subtle mods (very much along the lines you have). But I'm in no hurry.

Would love to have a chat to you about it at some stage!

ChrisMaz
12th February 2013, 12:23 PM
If you want a stock gear knob. I have one that's in mint condition.

Feel free to PM me any time.

Ryan_Post
13th February 2013, 03:17 PM
anyone know where to get a Vectra key done cheap?

adam_92
13th February 2013, 03:38 PM
What do you mean get one done?? Cut, programmed? What's wrong with your old one?

Ryan_Post
13th February 2013, 04:38 PM
What do you mean get one done?? Cut, programmed? What's wrong with your old one?

Guy I bought the car from dropped the key in the ocean.

Apparently the Key still works in the ignition (so its coding chip still works) but the central locking doesnt.

Sounds like more than a cactus battery (I pick up the car Friday) so I can check it in more detail then.

Jonski
17th February 2013, 08:32 PM
nice! and welcome

chris_r
18th February 2013, 09:41 PM
Guy I bought the car from dropped the key in the ocean.

Apparently the Key still works in the ignition (so its coding chip still works) but the central locking doesnt.

Sounds like more than a cactus battery (I pick up the car Friday) so I can check it in more detail then.

If it's been dropped in water (and particularly salt water), more than likely the circuit board inside the remote has suffered corrosion and is unusable. You will need to get a new remote section, which is a select frequency (315MHz or 433MHz, usually printed on the back of the key). eBay or Autovaux would be the best bet in finding one. Secondly, access to an OP-COM programmer, you can get a Chinese clone off eBay cheap. You will need to also have a Windows PC/laptop to use the OP-COM. Lastly, you will need the car's keypass and the ECU unlock code. You can pay a Holden dealer for this information, or you can ask chrissn89 for help on obtaining the code.

Once you have these parts, you can then use the OP-COM programmer to program the remote. It's also a similar process to do the same with the transponder chip, which means you can get extra keys cut and programmed cheaper than what the dealers and some of the locksmiths charge. Speaking of locksmiths, if you want them to do the remote for you, I recommend Goodwood Locksmiths on Goodwood Road. Good blokes to deal with.

The transponder chip in your existing key however wouldn't have suffered too much, the chip itself is sealed in a hard plastic casing.

Ryan_Post
24th February 2013, 04:08 PM
Ok, so I Picked the car up wednesday night, and left for interstate travel on thursday morning. Got more information on the Keys.

Key 1:

Central Locking Fob does not work (even with new battery)
Does not seem to have the transponder chip for the immobiliser
Still works in the ignition, and starts the car.

Key 2:

Central Locking Fob does not work (even with new battery)
Does not seem to have the transponder chip for the immobiliser
Does not work in the ignition - gives the missing transponder icon

Any ideas?
I thought the keys had a separate transponder chip for the immobiliser, but neither keys seem to have them (unless it's built into the circuit board - which I didn't think was the case).
Both of the circuit boards seem to be in good condition also.. no visible marks, cracks, or corrosion.

Claridge Holden want to charge me about $400ish for a replacement (flip type).
Goodwood Locksmiths are telling me that it'd cost me about $265 (non-flip type).

PreeCilla
27th February 2013, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a nice project. Welcome :)

faneca
27th February 2013, 07:10 PM
With the first key try putting the key into the ignion and press and hold the lock button, should sync the key to car the car and allow you to use the central locking.