PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Perth

Andy Edwards
9th February 2013, 02:43 AM
Hi Guys,
Names Andrew, I have recently purchased a 08 Astra My08.5 CDTi Turbo Diesel, its just ticked over 110,000 kms. I look forward to getting the Astra running sweet and checking out the performance mods that can be done. this is my first forum site to join so i'm a definite Newbie. i'm interested in any ideas that you have about the car.
i'll post up a pic over the weekend :)

just a quick question:
I had RAC check the car and they said it was fine, but when braking relatively hard after a cold start, the engine stalls. also, once the engine has warmed up, when ever i brake with a decent amount of pressure, the engine shudders because of the low revs. I have a sports auto transmission and it doesn't seem to change into lower gears at the right time as expected. please feel free to post up some thoughts into this.

Cheers,
Andy

guy 27
9th February 2013, 08:29 AM
Welcome to oa

dutchy
9th February 2013, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Andy

Nurb608
9th February 2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

ChrisMaz
9th February 2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome along mate.

I'm sure someone with knowladge of the Oilers will be able to help you out shortly.
(May also be worth creating a thread in the Astra Diesel subsection of the forum with your problems)

faneca
9th February 2013, 10:49 PM
Welcome along

btm
11th February 2013, 10:20 AM
welcome to the site!

SAMARAI
11th February 2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome mate! Plenty of expertise and inspiration on here!
I'd make a thread detailing the problem if I was you. You'd reach to more people in terms of a solution.