PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware: Black 03 Astra Turbo on Ebay

glider
7th February 2013, 12:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I want to warn all to not bid on the Black 03 Astra turbo currently for sale on Ebay.

Specifically, this one:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-astra-Sri-2003-/121063035255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c2feb5177

Earlier today, I won the previous listing on this car and the seller refused to go through with the sale because the value was too low (should have set a reserve then - not my problem).

hey mate u just won my car on ebay but im not relissing the car at that
amount ive had way higher offers on a cash ir swap sale contact me on

I then reminded the seller of his contractual obligations

I hope you are aware that when you enter into a
transaction you create a legally binding contract, unless the item is
listed in a category under the Non-Binding Bid Policy. If you did not
intend for the item to be sold at such a low price you should have set a
reserve. Nevertheless, you are legally obliged to sell me the item at the
listed price.

I refer you to the following article, demonstrating my
point.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/ebay-sales-stick-court-rules/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html

I look forward to your response

which he replied to stating he had sold the car to another bidder on the auction outside of ebay and the car would be gone at 5pm. I phoned ebay after this and reported him for obvious reason.

hi look i understand ebay rules i hsd a guy come out look at the car he
offered me 3k cash who was bidding on the car but was at work when it ended
so the car will be sold to him if u decide to take things further so be it
but u will waste more on legal sides then u think as there is no way id
sell the car at 1800 when there going nest the 8k mark so id love to see ur
response the car will be gone at 5pm for the sum of 3k good luck

I have since learned the seller has re-listed the vehicle, which shows that he cannot be trusted and I would strongly recommend no-one attempt to bid on this vehicle.

faneca
7th February 2013, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the tip, that's is a load of crap, hope he never sells the car for more than 1800

Shortstuff
7th February 2013, 06:13 AM
What a dick. I bet that he's trying to save money on the listing by not putting a reserve on it. I don't think eBay should have let him re-list it.

I'd love to see someone actually take legal action and win after the seller won't sell an item because the winning bid is too low. eBay is way too soft on this.

Feelinlucky75
7th February 2013, 07:58 AM
You should definitely keep up the pressure on this guy, he is so in the wrong.
Ebay should have the legal guts to chase shit like this up especially on a $1800 sale...

Should see if you can report the new listing and get it removed.

hazrd
7th February 2013, 08:33 AM
just reported it under "banned or inappropriate payment methods"

i think others should do the same

glider
7th February 2013, 08:51 AM
If I wanted to I could take legal action and probably win, as there is established precedent

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/ebay-sales-stick-court-rules/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html

hazrd
7th February 2013, 09:44 AM
Up to u man

tbh i think everyone should report it
bombard ebay with reports of a dodgy seller so they cancel his account

Jerram
7th February 2013, 10:01 AM
this kind of stuff is just rubbish isn't it. Someone doing something like this tbh shouldn't be on ebay.

PaulyJ
7th February 2013, 10:01 AM
I'm jumping on now and reporting him

PreeCilla
7th February 2013, 10:10 AM
Wanted $8k but 'buy now ' is $4.5k. Finally realised its true worth. Thanks for the heads up:)

kabel
7th February 2013, 10:35 AM
What a K-Nob.

Wraecca
7th February 2013, 11:04 AM
Reported. Tool.

InsaneAsylum
7th February 2013, 11:32 AM
Reported for poor spelling, specifically "imackulant".

chrissn89
7th February 2013, 11:54 AM
Reported

Wraecca
7th February 2013, 12:06 PM
Bombard him with questions regarding his illegal re-listing at a higher price...bastard deserves it.

benzino
7th February 2013, 12:11 PM
Reported for poor spelling, specifically "imackulant".

haha yep!
I wish "poor excuse for a human being" was one of the options

Jonski
7th February 2013, 12:35 PM
sounds like one of those bloody lebs

glider
7th February 2013, 01:05 PM
been continuing correspondance this morning...

look buddy like i said leave negitve feed back and move on if ur willing to
pay the extra 1200 on top of the 1800 ill be more then hsppy to sell u the
car but im not selling it for 1800 if u do want it at 1800 ill give it to u
with no interior no engine no computer try if it does go to court id be
more then happy to burn the car on video to SHOW U I DONT GIVE A **** UR
COURT THREATS so untill i hear from a lawyer like i said before have a
really nice day and stop spitting the dummy BOTTOM LINE IM NOT SELLING UT
AT A REDICULOUS PRICE of $1800

Feelinlucky75
7th February 2013, 01:18 PM
been continuing correspondance this morning...

And now is where I would call a lawyer and make sure you have a solid case.
Have the police take the car untill the case is settled :D

JohnBu
7th February 2013, 01:19 PM
Toby,

The way Ebay is, it's like banging your head against a brick wall to get them to enforce anything.

My advice is unfortunately, let it go.

Ebay and the courts aren't going to force him to sell you the car, it is also unlike the courts will award you compensation. You won't be able to put a caveat on a car unlike a block of land.

The best you can do is leave him negative feedback.

I've just had 2 over the Christmas period.. all Ebay offered as a refund, even though I would be massively out of pocket if I choose to return the items.

As much as it would amuse me to see that car up in flames, I doubt he will burn his car if you took him to court.

Shadow110
7th February 2013, 01:22 PM
Tell him you hope he is in the car when he does it... And you will help start the fire too...
And have the song "we didn't start the fire" playing while you do it laughing...

glider
7th February 2013, 03:13 PM
Toby,

The way Ebay is, it's like banging your head against a brick wall to get them to enforce anything.

My advice is unfortunately, let it go.

Ebay and the courts aren't going to force him to sell you the car, it is also unlike the courts will award you compensation. You won't be able to put a caveat on a car unlike a block of land.

The best you can do is leave him negative feedback.

I've just had 2 over the Christmas period.. all Ebay offered as a refund, even though I would be massively out of pocket if I choose to return the items.

As much as it would amuse me to see that car up in flames, I doubt he will burn his car if you took him to court.

funny you should mention that john, courts would more than likely rule in my favor if I was to follow up on it...

JohnBu
7th February 2013, 03:48 PM
The courts may rule in your favour, but it's unlikely you will see any money.

How deep are your pockets to pay for the legal fees and how much assets does he have to lose?

PaulyJ
7th February 2013, 04:03 PM
If toby wins, doesn't the other guy pay for the legal costs?

JohnBu
7th February 2013, 04:55 PM
If toby wins, doesn't the other guy pay for the legal costs?

Yes, but getting the Sheriff to collect the money is a different matter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Shortstuff
7th February 2013, 05:13 PM
Just agree to buy it at the higher price, then arrange a time to pick it up. Never show. Make good excuse. Arrange another time. Repeat for as long as possible until he loses it.

scamp
7th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Just agree to buy it at the higher price, then arrange a time to pick it up. Never show. Make good excuse. Arrange another time. Repeat for as long as possible until he loses it.
that's just plain evil !!! Love it !!!!!

metry
8th February 2013, 12:33 AM

i love it. do this. unfortunately i dont think there is much that can be done aside for negative feed back and tell no one to bid on it. its a shame really because ebay makes it self out to be an online auction house and had this happened in a real auction house he would have been forced to sell the car. thanks for the heads up on the seller ill be sure to let any of my friends looking for cars know about it.

Shaun
9th February 2013, 10:58 PM
What a tight ass. Spend the money to fix the gear box then try to get more money . I'd consider buying it for no more then 2 grand as the gear box rebuild is going to cost a little . Other thing is what else is about to let go on the car

Ice
10th February 2013, 01:08 AM
ahhh what a doosh, ide steer clear of this POS and that that ! lets move on.