PDA

View Full Version : G-tech units.

Turblue
15th February 2004, 11:14 AM
Hey all...

First off, the link.

http://www.gtechpro.com/gtechpro.html

Has anyone here tried on of these units..?? Or similar..???

What are the comments..?? Good ... bad.....

InsaneAsylum
15th February 2004, 01:12 PM
read a review in a magazine where they tested a GT-R on the strip and with a G-TECH. they aren't too bad but showed that they give you between .2 - .4 seconds advantage over the time measured at the dragstrip.

i guess that they could be interpreted as a performance upgrade of about 10kw :lol: :lol: :P

astra_city
15th February 2004, 02:48 PM
My bro has a G-Tech - does 0-100, 1/4 mile, braking, cornering G's, hp estimate.
If set up correctly on a flat surface, they are very accurate. I know of someone who has run their car down a dragstrip with the G-Tech attached and the G-tech was only 0.05-0.1 second quicker.

And that aside, they are a great way of measuring mods, as you can tell the difference on the G-Tech before and after each mod. I'd recommend it.

Turblue
15th February 2004, 05:59 PM
Okie dokie....

I just ordered a G-tech Pro unit. This will be interesting..!!! I got a lot to test and checkout.

First off, does anyone know a weighbridge near Dandenong..?? I need to have an accurate measurement of vehicle weight.

Anonymous
15th February 2004, 06:03 PM
First off, does anyone know a weighbridge near Dandenong..?? I need to have an accurate measurement of vehicle weight.

Look in the Back of the Melways under Public WieghBridges, I say that coz there was one on Hammond Rd and Sth Gippsland Hwy aswell.

Turblue
15th February 2004, 06:51 PM
Smellytofu....

How accurate are the kerb weight figures supplied by Holden..??

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 09:06 AM
I'd be pretty happy if they are accurate...i did a 1/4 mile few runs on my car and kept getting around 16.2's (which is apparantly a sec quicker than stock) and all I've done to my 1.8L is extractors and exhaust.

Namus
2nd February 2005, 04:31 PM
How much for one of these g-tech units in aus?

From o/seas?

break
2nd February 2005, 10:24 PM
I just did a group buy for these units and I'm somewhat impressed.

It cost me $55 delivered for mine.... and inital testing (i've only done a HP run so far) netted me 72hp @ wheels.... and my dyno sheet says 72hp @ wheels as well... so thats pretty darn accurate.

That said, if you try testing on a hill all calculations are out of wack.

Turblue
3rd February 2005, 07:33 AM
I sold my G-tech Pro and bought the competition model. This unit can data log and interface with a pc. Really cool stuff.

G-Tech Results (http://www.turblue.com/files/Powerchip.jpg)

The unit is pretty consistant. I do runs (to measure power) in 2nd gear. The boost is obviously lower than in 4th. Understanding the limitations of the unit, which include wind resistence etc, I noticed the variation to a dyno is quite appropriate.

My thoughts anyway.....

Namus
3rd February 2005, 03:36 PM
trev would u be able to get me one? if so how much? jus interested at this point..

break
4th February 2005, 11:20 AM
trev would u be able to get me one? if so how much? jus interested at this point..PM me and i'll give you the email of the distributor whom you can contact to order (he is in the USA).

mrbenno
4th February 2005, 03:02 PM
I bought one off Trev and I am done with it, used it for one night and did my readings and if anyone wants it then its yours for cheap.

Namus
4th February 2005, 03:17 PM
shot gun!!! how much? is it just the base model?

where are u at in bris? me in bris too

Brett
4th February 2005, 04:11 PM
Ive got a beltronics accelerometre, from america, its pretty accurate, and it stores your 10 best times, id recommend it to anyone, and it hooks up to the computer, and measures pretty much anything imaginable.

1OPL2C
16th February 2005, 08:49 AM
I sold my G-tech Pro and bought the competition model. This unit can data log and interface with a pc. Really cool stuff.

G-Tech Results (http://www.turblue.com/files/Powerchip.jpg)

The unit is pretty consistant. I do runs (to measure power) in 2nd gear. The boost is obviously lower than in 4th. Understanding the limitations of the unit, which include wind resistence etc, I noticed the variation to a dyno is quite appropriate.

My thoughts anyway.....

how much is for the pro and the competition?
and where do i buy it from? it sounds kool

Turblue
16th February 2005, 09:42 AM
Ebay is your best bet.

mrbenno
16th February 2005, 07:29 PM
Namus, you saw mine when we met one thursday night, next time I come out for a cruise I will bring it again.

Namus
17th February 2005, 01:34 PM
oh u in the black Astra?......sorry mate....me and names and faces....i'm still takin it off u...most prob 1st week of march mate....