PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Difference?

NUTTTR
22nd December 2004, 08:42 PM
So, can you tell what i've done?
The paint isn't 100% match (the speckles in the paint are actually smaller :( meaning it looks a little darker in the dim light :( )
What do you think? It looks cleaner, a bit cut at the colour difference :(
Aaron

mr_astra_retired
22nd December 2004, 08:54 PM
The center caps ???

looks smooth man not a bad idea :wink:

YuSuF
22nd December 2004, 09:01 PM
Looks fine to me

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 09:09 PM
well you need to lower your car :P but yea the centre caps look schmick bro

Jackson
22nd December 2004, 10:45 PM
i wouldn't worry about a slight difference in silver you expect there toge a logo or something so it doesn't look at all silly, esp if you have opel logos everywhere else !

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 10:51 PM
I like it :D
How did ya do it?
Make a New Cap?
Putty up the Holes?

Looks Good Mate :)

NUTTTR
22nd December 2004, 11:21 PM
I used selley's knead it epoxy filler for general use, on the back of each one i used a phillips head screwdriver to make all the holes bigger so the filler cannot (definately won't move!) fall out or move, gives it more surface area to grab.......
It's bit of a bitch to work with knead it, but it works and using finer and finer sandpaper (and plenty of time) will make it perfect, mines not perfect, however, it's so close you'd never notice when it's clean, let alone when it's covered in brake dust!
One thing, you NEED a grey primer!! i didn't use it and it means that i had to use more colour than i wanted to (which may have affected the final colour a little, but i'm nearly 100% certain it didn't!).... Then clear coat, about 4 layers..... I use an old hairdryer when painting, the extra heat (from about 1-2m away) allows the paint to dry properly and all the way through and not leave any soft bits :)
Lots of work, but overall an original effect!!! :) Worse case, if it was totally the wrong colour it's EASY to repaint, the major finishing work's already done :)
Aaron

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 11:30 PM
I was Going to say did ya Prime the parts.
I think ya should add that too the 'How-To' Section, But Add:
Use a Elastima/Flexi 2K Primer(If you want to take ya Time)
Preparation as you did
Dust Coat Colour, then Apply 2-3 Flood Coats and a Final Dust Coat to take out "Motley" (Slight Metallic Blothes).
Then Apply a Flexi 2K Clear Coat.

But I'd be happy with your Results :)