PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec

Wraith
31st January 2013, 01:21 PM
This looks like an interesting new commer, looks like it's got straight line performance to topple even the new AJ OPC as well as alot of other hi po types...

Wonder how well or not this Hyundai will do here in Aust.

They're doing well O/S I've seen quite a few modded right out on various U.S forums that look pretty good...

http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/hyundai/genesis/hyundai-genesis-coupe-r-spec-2013-first-drive-34633?R=34633&Cr=6&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb 20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9Ocz1wX0RhdGVBdmF pbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3MjgyK zQyOTQ5NjY0MjQmVGFiSUQ9MTQwODYxMCZRcGI9MSZzaWQ9MTM 5RDk4NkU0Qjk0Jm51bT0yMCZObmU9MjA.

el3ment
31st January 2013, 01:34 PM
Your link doesn't work
Use this LINK (http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/hyundai/genesis/hyundai-genesis-coupe-r-spec-2013-first-drive-34633?R=34633&Cr=0&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb 20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9UYWJJRD0xNDA4NjE wJnZlcnRpY2FsPUNhciZOdHQ9aHl1bmRhaSUyMGdlbmVzaXMlM jAmRHg9bW9kZSttYXRjaGFueSZRcGI9MSZrZXl3b3JkPWh5dW5 kYWklMjUyMGdlbmVzaXMlMjUyMCZzaWxvPUVkaXRvcmlhbCZza WQ9MTNDNEU5NThGQTg0Jk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3MjgyJTIwNDI 5NDk2NjQyMyUyMDQyOTQ5NjYzNjYlMjA0Mjk0OTY3Mjc5JTIwN DI5NDk2NjQyNCUyMDQyOTQ5NjUxNDAmTnRrPURlZmF1bHQmTm5 lPTE1Jk50eD1tb2RlK21hdGNoYWxscGFydGlhbCZOcz1wX0Rhd GVBdmFpbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJkQ9aHl1bmRhaSUyMGd lbmVzaXMlMjA.)

Saw this article on another site the other day. Nice specs, but reminds me of the Toyota86 / Suby BRZ... not sure I like it...

adam_92
31st January 2013, 01:44 PM
The link works for me but I'm on my phone... I agree on the Toyota/Subaru 86/brz

el3ment
31st January 2013, 01:49 PM
The link works for me but I'm on my phone... I agree on the Toyota/Subaru 86/brz

yeah, i think on the normal PC version site, the fullstop is missing at the end of the linked URL... adding it to the end after clicking on it makes it work.. :)

faneca
31st January 2013, 02:10 PM
Agree with everyone so far, it doesn't win me in the looks department, and I think the shape is based on the Toyota/ subaru but it has design ideas from the veloster which I really am not a fan of.

Jonski
31st January 2013, 03:07 PM
the genesis has been sold in the US for a while now, but it never came to Oz unfortunately.. :(

Wraith
31st January 2013, 04:40 PM
Apologies for the link guys I copied it straight off the carsales site and it works ok for me on my computer...

I'm not a fan of this vehicle but it's specs are very interesting and as said it'll hose alot of other well established hi po cars out there, Hyundai are clearly moving up...

Also some of the modfied ones I've seen in the U.S look real good when I get a chance I'll post up some pics, incase links don't work.

Jonski it is coming to Aust. according to the article...

Jonski
31st January 2013, 04:52 PM
Jonski it is coming to Aust. according to the article...

ah cool!
but i ment the previous model genesis.
When i was in the US 2 years ago and last year, i saw heaps of them.

chris_r
31st January 2013, 06:01 PM
This looks like an interesting new commer, looks like it's got straight line performance to topple even the new AJ OPC as well as alot of other hi po types...

If it's anything like most Hyundais (including my iLoad), straight line performance would be okay (until the engine s**ts itself) and it'll handle like a sack of spuds. Doing this all whilst it looks about as ugly as a hat full of a***holes.

RWD or not, I'd still take any OPC over this anyday.

rjastra
2nd February 2013, 02:40 AM
The next Genesis coupe will, but the facelifted current model has only been recently released. So, you are looking 2yrs at the earliest for our market.
In no way is it a competitor to the 86. Too heavy/powerful for that.

Wraith
4th February 2013, 06:12 PM
If it's anything like most Hyundais (including my iLoad), straight line performance would be okay (until the engine s**ts itself) and it'll handle like a sack of spuds. Doing this all whilst it looks about as ugly as a hat full of a***holes.

RWD or not, I'd still take any OPC over this anyday.

Agree to a certain point as I havn't driven all Hyundais but the ones I have gave me the same impression of what you described above...

Before purchasing my previously owned Mazda 3 SP25 I thoroughly test drove the i45 sedan and thought initially it could stack up well against the Mazda as it had a nicer interior and exterior with alot more kit as well albeit with a higher price tag too, but it drove like a piece of crap compared with the Mazda 3 - totally dissapointed...

Mainly put this thread up out of interest as I've seen heaps in the US they're obviously popular over there, maybe they drive a bit better than their other models ??

Nurb608
4th February 2013, 06:43 PM
Mainly put this thread up out of interest as I've seen heaps in the US they're obviously popular over there, maybe they drive a bit better than their other models ??

I dont think any popular car from the US handles, it's all about straight line there lol.

Wraith
5th February 2013, 01:11 PM
I dont think any popular car from the US handles, it's all about straight line there lol.

You'd be surprised Rory, after nearly 1 and 1/2 years on the MB forums there's lots of discussion and debate over there in the U.S on BMW, Audi and Mercedes Benz forums as to which they consider the better handling car/s when that topic comes up, yes they do concern themselves with the 0-60mph and 1/4 mile but alot of them also favour strongly track work and corner carving and they're very much into drifting LOL.

It's on some of those U.S forums (some of those guys have the Hyundai as a 2nd or 3rd car to bash around during the week) and even on mag wheel manufacturing sites that I see alot of this Hyundai coupe usually heavily modded examples, when I came across that article stating it's destined for Aust. I put it up :)

Nurb608
5th February 2013, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure the current one is used in Burn Notice (TV Show). Although i do believe it would have had a fair bit of work done to it.

hazrd
5th February 2013, 03:31 PM
The way it's driven.... It's far from stock lol

rjastra
6th February 2013, 12:15 PM

Go look up Camaro SS 1LE on youtube ;)