PDA

View Full Version : ** SUPER IMPORTANT MESSAGE ** Please read ASAP

poita
28th January 2013, 01:53 PM
As many of you know QLD and NSW are in desperate time of need.

Currently much of the east coast of QLD is under water, with waters rising rapidly.

When the time comes and it's all done and dusted I am asking the OpelAus family to help out.

Personally myself, if you aren't aware I live in Bundaberg. One of the first and major areas to be hit.

So for those guys who are waiting on stickers and such, sorry but you won't be seeing them for a few weeks.

I live in a high part of town, but with the waters to peak at 1.5m+ more than the 2010 floods who knows what is going to happen.

At this stage I only have minor house damage from one of the 6 Tornadoes that hit here on Friday/Saturday.

I lost power for over 24 hours and spent Saturday filling sand bags at the SES and sand bagging my in laws house.

My work is flooded, we have lost a few trucks with worse to come.

My time on here over the next few weeks will be limited so the rest of the Admin team will be looking after everything.

I will be turning my PM's off during this time, sorry.

To all the other QLD and northern NSW members please please please stay safe.

Thanks for your understanding in this terrible time.

Cheers Peter

boorny88
28th January 2013, 01:58 PM
No worries Pete stay safe and look after your self and others in need

faneca
28th January 2013, 02:04 PM
No worries Pete hopefully it all ends soon and they can start recovering what's been lost.

UNEEQ
28th January 2013, 02:07 PM
Please stay safe everyone. Looking after yourselves and everyone else around you is the most important thing right now.

And before anyone starts saying "oh poor Pete" in a sarcastic manner for giving his story. He's not the worst affected sure, but his meaning is that there will be a lot of impact and consequences to and for everyone as a result of this. Trains won't run for some time if the rails are flooded as the integrity of the tracks is compromised. The mail deliveries won't happen as suggested above. Bananas won't be available in shops or will go up to $20 per kg again. Insurance companies will be paying out for damages and claim that they are hurting, so premiums will probably see an increase.

This of course is immaterial to the issue at hand that many households will face on the eastern coast.

Think of the impact this will have on you, then try to imagine how astranomical (sorry had to make the pun) the ramifications that those who are less fortunate are facing.

Good luck and best wishes to those who are in trouble or need assistance from myself and all my family.

adam_92
28th January 2013, 02:11 PM
Stay safe poita guy 27 glider simmy and everyone else in NSW and QLD!!

hazrd
28th January 2013, 02:26 PM
Stay safe Qlders

And pete don't stress, we'll continue to hold the digital fort as we do ;)

scamp
28th January 2013, 04:03 PM
stay safe everyone & best of luck

Shadow110
28th January 2013, 04:23 PM
Everything else when it comes to business can wait... As long as people are safe that's all that matters

kabel
28th January 2013, 08:34 PM
+1 To all the above sentiment.
Just been watching it on the news.
Stay safe and stay positive.
Good luck.

gman
29th January 2013, 10:56 AM
Stay safe and look after the family guys!!! If the extended family can help let us know.

PaulyJ
29th January 2013, 03:23 PM
Don't worry about us, you just look after yourself for as long as you need to.
We're always here to help and will continue looking after the place.
If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

ward_1979
29th January 2013, 06:05 PM
Stay safe guys

Ice
29th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Be safe boys, girls and families we are all thinking of you.

Lescandale
30th January 2013, 05:15 PM
Absolutely admirable to see people putting themselves aside to volunteer and help out the ones in need. Heart goes out to everyone affected, stay strong.

poita
5th February 2013, 11:14 PM
Just a bit of an update to this.

Things are slowly (read very) getting back to some sort of normality.

We lost 2 forklifts, 6 utes, 2 trucks and I don't even want to know how many $$$ work of stock.

Our whole downstairs at work has been gutted.

We only got the power back on today so things are moving along, at least we have contact with the outside world now.

On the home front somewhere around the $4k mark in damage, nothing major but still, not money I have lying around.

Insurance is sorting that out, just a matter of when.

Depending how everything goes I should be right get back into things soon.

So those guys waiting on stickers I will let you know this weekend how it goes.

To everyone who sent me sms's, emails, phonecalls, messages on facebook, thank you.

It kept me sain (somewhat more than normal) just talking to you guys.

Well fingers crossed I don't ever see something like that in my lifetime again.

Twice in two years, way too much to deal with.

Once again, thanks

Cheers Peter

Veccy-WOOT
5th February 2013, 11:59 PM
Glad to hear things are getting better :)

SAMARAI
6th February 2013, 01:16 AM
All the best to all those affected!

PreeCilla
7th February 2013, 12:30 PM
Hope everything gets back to normal soon for you. Best of luck.

cdti
7th February 2013, 12:31 PM
Pleased to hear that you are safe. I really feel for those who have lost everything. It's definitely something I don't ever want to go through, or have close friends and family go through.

These sort of things cost the community lots.

poita
7th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Estimated loss at work (my guess) would be somewhere around $2m

Is going to take Bundaberg a long time to recover from this

scamp
7th February 2013, 04:24 PM
terrible news , hope it gets better for you and all those affected in qld