PDA

View Full Version : The Forbidden Thread

EGG80X
22nd December 2004, 11:04 AM
Hey guys and gals, how much do u luv your car? will u keep it forever??

Anyway, just wonder car will you get after your current opel?

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 11:27 AM
as much as I love my car, I can;t see myself keeping it for one more year, let alone forever!

The more I think about modifying/improving it, the more flaws I come across!

It's a labour of love.... but a test of reasonability!

Regardless, I would love an e30/e36 m3....

Bernard Siong
22nd December 2004, 11:32 AM
no i'm starting to actually hate my car
its got so many rattles like when i turn or brake hard the back doors sounds like its going to fall off or something makes the car feel so cheap..

a_manda
22nd December 2004, 11:37 AM
hell nooooooooooooo :lol:

my (1st) car and as much as it gets me from A to B ... i want something with power next time, maybe not an Opel but probably turbo or at least more than 1.4L :screwy: :mrgreen:

RK
22nd December 2004, 11:47 AM
Since i cant seem to save up money at all. I think i will be keeping this car for a long loong time :) It's being good to me lately.

If i had the money though, I'd wait and get either the AWD supercharged Vectra V6, or a Mazda MPS. If i had more money, i'd get that Audi A4 Turbo Quattro thingy. And if i had heaps of money, i'd get my beloved M3 :) And if i had even MORE money, i'd still get the M3 and keep the remaining cash :D

Cybulba
22nd December 2004, 12:16 PM
?? not to sure yet what car is next.. my car goes up for sale in 2 1/2 yrs.. or before if a good offer rises. so it depends whats on the market at that time.. but if i had a choice it would be a 69 SS Camaro ;)

Wraith
22nd December 2004, 01:07 PM
RK Wrote:

If i had the money though, I'd wait and get either the AWD supercharged Vectra V6, or a Mazda MPS. If i had more money, i'd get that Audi A4 Turbo Quattro thingy. And if i had heaps of money, i'd get my beloved M3 And if i had even MORE money, i'd still get the M3 and keep the remaining cash

AGREE WITH YOU THERE 100% :D

My dream car also, has always been an M3. I will definitely be buying the the new V8 E90 M3 Convertible, which will be available in about 3 years time, until then my V6 Calibra and Turbo Astra Convertible will do :wink:

Curious however to see what happens with an AWD V6 supercharged Vectra :?

Mitch
22nd December 2004, 01:49 PM
I'm selling as soon as it's back on the road. I f*cking hate it. Next car will be a VX SS Commodore or maybe a new SS if the bank allows.

Misguidedangel
22nd December 2004, 03:23 PM
As much as my car is awesome considering its being paid for by my parents, including petrol, insurance and rego, I hate the thing. Im keeping it for another 4 years unless i win lottery or major inheritance, I'll be buying another car we i finish uni.

Considering either a WRX, EVO 5 or 6.5, DC2 Type R or a Type X 180sx... But it all comes down to money and how much i have and how much i need.. hehe

RK
22nd December 2004, 03:46 PM
They have V6 calibras??

mr_astra_retired
22nd December 2004, 04:31 PM
Might be updating to a EVO 8 next year , but i may find it hard to let the Opel go , so ........ decisions , decisions :o

Misguidedangel
22nd December 2004, 04:33 PM
Might be updating to a EVO 8 next year , but i may find it hard to let the Opel go , so ........ decisions , decisions :o

I might have a sister interested in your car... :lol:

if she can learn to competently drive a manual... hehe.. :D

freaktown
22nd December 2004, 04:34 PM
easiest question ever asked.

an S15 plain and simple!

ultim8DTM5
22nd December 2004, 04:42 PM
I'll be keeping my car for another 4-5 years, then either E46 330Ci with ASA supercharger or C32 AMG Benzo 8)

OzzySRi
22nd December 2004, 04:54 PM
realistically id like to be driving either an S15 200sx (if i chose 2nd hand) or a new veccy cdxi. prolly not till the end of next year.

and if money was no option id que up behind all the other M3 lovers out there :) mmm such an awesome all rounder

RK
22nd December 2004, 05:05 PM

You should teach her, Emily. In Scotts car! :lol: :lol:

YuSuF
22nd December 2004, 05:08 PM
If OPEL was a woman I'd marry her.

ultim8DTM5
22nd December 2004, 05:14 PM

Run Alex!

mr_astra_retired
22nd December 2004, 05:21 PM

Run Alex!

All Class Pete :wink: :lol:

RK
22nd December 2004, 05:35 PM

Run Alex!

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

woody
22nd December 2004, 05:48 PM
I'll be keeping mine for the next 3-5 years - have to cos i'm saving for a house. Once we have the house... i'll do it up a bit - get it revalued and then think about purchasing something nice to drive, have to wait and see what comes out - if the Torana makes it to production maybe one of them in a 4 paw model otherwise it'll be something 4 paw with lots of power and preferably 2 turbos.

Misguidedangel
22nd December 2004, 06:05 PM

Its the stupid astra clutches thats stupid not me... I can drive normal clutches in Jap cars :roll:

But shes worse than me.. she has no hand foot co-ordination. She couldnt even get it moving :lol: I may have stalled his a few thousand times but at least i got it to 2nd gear hehe.. attempted third but we wont go there LOL

RK
22nd December 2004, 06:06 PM
hehehehe :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 06:13 PM
I'll keep for a Few More Years, Then Either Sell it or Turn it into a Race Car.
But Next Car will be a Audi S4 or Mercedes E Class.

frankie9fingers
22nd December 2004, 06:20 PM
I'll be keeping mine for abit longer but if the new Turbo Astra's don't come out here... well i'll be looking at other avenues.

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 06:21 PM

Its the stupid astra clutches thats stupid not me... I can drive normal clutches in Jap cars :roll:

But shes worse than me.. she has no hand foot co-ordination. She couldnt even get it moving :lol: I may have stalled his a few thousand times but at least i got it to 2nd gear hehe.. attempted third but we wont go there LOL

*no comment* :lol:

ultim8DTM5
22nd December 2004, 06:29 PM
Maybe its the instructor :lol:

mr_astra_retired
22nd December 2004, 06:35 PM

Its the stupid astra clutches thats stupid not me...

Yes hmmm its the astra clutch , yes hmm thats it :twisted:

NPR
22nd December 2004, 08:55 PM
lol everyone seems to hate their astra?

YuSuF
22nd December 2004, 09:07 PM
Not Me! :D

Alfonzo
22nd December 2004, 11:14 PM
I like it a LOT, but it won't be around for _that_ long. Probably another two or three years.

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 11:19 PM

I love Mine too :twisted:
I just have to start my own Opel Wrecking Business :P
The amount of things I've Broken under warranty, I aint looking Forward to Paying for some the Stuff.

astra_city
23rd December 2004, 02:40 AM
im gonna be keeping my baby for quite a while yet...will have to last me through uni (5 years if I get into the course I want) at least. I'm happy with it though, and I'll just do mods to it over the years to turn it into a ball tearer :)
Way down the track when I do change I have no idea what I'll get! Hopefully I"ll just take my dads 330ci off his hands, save him selling it :D

EGG80X
23rd December 2004, 08:49 AM

just luv my to death, which i am stripping it out and use it as a circuit car

EGG80X
23rd December 2004, 09:10 AM
but i am considering a nismo 350z GT s-tuned.......

Anonymous
23rd December 2004, 12:06 PM

just luv my to death, which i am stripping it out and use it as a circuit car

Thats my Plan as well, Circuit Car :)
Having done Phillip Island @ Dusk, Makes ya think it cant get much Better :)

NXA-16H
23rd December 2004, 01:53 PM
Hey guys and gals, how much do u luv your car? will u keep it forever??

Anyway, just wonder car will you get after your current opel?

Whilst my XC-Corsa is probably one of the best vehicles on the market, I'd most lkely snap-up a new GTi-Golf if Money weren't an option.

Alas, I must be realistic; Money's something that's more often than not gone before it's even wired to your Bank Account.

So, considering I aspire to become a loving father of at least two, I'd probably get a new Zafira. And if I ever crave more performance, I could always drop a Turbo in it like a certain Vauxhall Zafira 'round here.

Very nice too, with the 17' Alloys. 8)

NXA-16H

Misguidedangel
23rd December 2004, 02:39 PM

Gimme a GTR and i'll drive it perfectly

Anonymous
23rd December 2004, 03:02 PM
aslong as it doesnt have an engine light..... right? :oops:

Princess
23rd December 2004, 03:10 PM
Well my partner and I are getting a new car sometime in the next few weeks, we are keeping the Xc, but we are getting a new Jeep...

We will probably keep the XC for a while cos it is perfect for my work, and cheap on fuel (compared to the jeep)

BUt when i ma done with that i will probably graduate to my own jeep, probably a KJ or WJ both chero's

ultim8DTM5
23rd December 2004, 06:42 PM

I love Mine too :twisted:
I just have to start my own Opel Wrecking Business :P
The amount of things I've Broken under warranty, I aint looking Forward to Paying for some the Stuff.

I'll take on Z22SE thanks 8)

SIMid
23rd December 2004, 07:52 PM
http://home.san.rr.com/mab/m3/lg_side.jpg

:D

ultim8DTM5
23rd December 2004, 08:02 PM
Is that an Estoril or Avus Blau M3? Looks like Avus... :?

GAZ914
23rd December 2004, 09:56 PM
http://home.exetel.com.au/gaz914net/Images/Porsche993TT.jpg

Porsche 911 (993) twin turbo

Maybe I'll have to settle for getting the 914 mobile :)

mr_astra_retired
23rd December 2004, 11:34 PM

Gimme a GTR and i'll drive it perfectly

lol yeah ill run ya

ultim8DTM5
24th December 2004, 09:36 AM
What, first one who actually makes it past the telegraph pole?

EGG80X
24th December 2004, 10:07 AM

darn it, u beat me to it!

Anonymous
24th December 2004, 10:55 AM
goes past, goes through...same thing :roll:

Wraith
24th December 2004, 11:03 AM
RK Wrote:

They have V6 calibras??

There sure are :P , ther're not that common, not as rare as the 4x4 turbo though, but most Calibra's - at least 8 in 10 are 16V 4 potters.

Wraith
24th December 2004, 11:05 AM
Simon's wish list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you get your baby soon :P

mr_astra_retired
24th December 2004, 02:11 PM

Depends what shoes she has :roll:

01CDsedan
26th December 2004, 12:13 PM
There's definitely no way I will be buying another small car. I've had two of them and next time I will get something bigger that I can stretch out in a bit more.

I love my Astra and will keep it for a while yet, but I'm moving away from small cars and four pots and towards big rear-drive cars with V8s. So I think the next thing I get will be an SV8, an SS or a Monaro - but I'll wait for the VE Commodore first, no point buying now with an all new car less than two years away.