PDA

View Full Version : Largest Wheel Size on Barina SRI 2003

drewc
22nd December 2004, 12:14 AM
Hey,

Just in case someone knows the answer to this does anyone know what is the largest size wheel you can put on a barina SRI 2003. I currently have 16" SRI rims with 45 low profile tyres.

I was thinking 17" if they will fit then that is great. I dont want to do any work to the rims to fit the wheel just so it will work with standdard configeration. Thanks ina advance

Anonymous
22nd December 2004, 06:46 AM
205x40x17 will fit and will scrub if u lower your car

OzzySRi
22nd December 2004, 05:09 PM
u can go 18's as long as u keep to a 7" width, which r hard to find, or u make up some custom 3piece rims.

17x7.5 is already a squeeze and u will get scubbing. so 17x7 is ideal.

bear in mind that u'll need 4x100 stud pattern and an offset around et40-45

Al

drewc
22nd December 2004, 05:27 PM
Hey,

Who are you guys insured with. NRMA said that if i put anything larger than 6" wide then my insurance is void.

What other insurers allow 7" or larger. They guys at the tyre places said i could go 1" larger than what comes standard. Well this is not true across the board. NRMA is different.

Please let me know so i can change insurers.

Anonymous
23rd December 2004, 05:59 AM
no one will insure me :lol:

drewc
23rd December 2004, 08:43 AM
Mr Corsa, Obviously you are insured and have put 17" wheels on your car. You wouldn't be driving a 20K + car un insured. Who is your insurance company? :)

GAZ914
23rd December 2004, 08:48 AM
I had to change to AAMI when I put 17s on my Beep Beep.

17 x 7 is probably the biggest practical size.
7.5" wide rim is going to be illegal in most places (ie more than 1" over std) and getting 18 x 7 is going to be custom.

I can't imagine 18" (30 series?) tyres lasting on Sydney roads anyway...

Anonymous
23rd December 2004, 05:44 PM
Mr Corsa, Obviously you are insured and have put 17" wheels on your car. You wouldn't be driving a 20K + car un insured. Who is your insurance company? :)
this photo was taken late 2003 so there as for insurance no one in in australia will touch my car cos i am mental ! and so are my mods :lol:

ultim8DTM5
23rd December 2004, 06:39 PM
Mr Corsa is mental. You have to be to drive his car

drewc
23rd December 2004, 07:52 PM
Photo looks very very very very familiar MR CORSA. So tell me. Been to JAX tyres lately mate? or been to the black stump? Am i right you wetie freak---> I say that wearing Ug Boots myself lol Drewc from glenmore :)

what are Jax like to deal with mate/? was thinking of going there

Mr T
23rd December 2004, 08:53 PM
Hey,

Who are you guys insured with. NRMA said that if i put anything larger than 6" wide then my insurance is void.

What other insurers allow 7" or larger. They guys at the tyre places said i could go 1" larger than what comes standard. Well this is not true across the board. NRMA is different.

Please let me know so i can change insurers.

I think the rule is you can go 1" wider than standard and 2" taller than standard.

standard barina has 5" wide wheels

GAZ914
23rd December 2004, 09:22 PM
I think the rule is you can go 1" wider than standard and 2" taller than standard.

standard barina has 5" wide wheels

Err, ummm, the XC SRi has 15 x 6" rims, therefore the widest allowable for ALL models is 7" :)

View the rules [HERE] (http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gaz914/RTA_Wheels&Tyres.pdf)

ultim8DTM5
23rd December 2004, 09:44 PM
Also general non-SRi Barina is 5.5" wide.

BTW Gary your link is dead

drewc
24th December 2004, 11:26 AM
It doesnt matter about the RTA rules guys. It all depends on the insurance company. Just becuase the RTA says that you can do this or that doesnt mean you can. Are the RTA going to pickup my bill if i am in an accident and at fault and hit a BMW. I dont think so. (bastards) So as per my original question - who are you guys insured with that will allow 17" wheels on a barina SRI - Which by the way has a standard wheel size of 16." I know this

1. NRMA - Doesn't let you put anything bigger than 6" wide
2. GIO - They dont car as long as the RTA approve what you are doing
3. Budget Car Insurance - Wont insure me as i am under 25 in an SRI
4. Just Car Insurance - Wont insure me in SRI under 25

Also the ealer at the tyre place told me if i put 17x7 on the SRI then to keep the speedo acurate i have to put 35 profile tyres. RUBBER BANDS LOL - is this correct??

Anonymous
24th December 2004, 12:01 PM
if everybody lived by the rules then this world would be boring :screwy:

that and why rules are meant to be broken !
:shock: 8) :lol: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Mr T
24th December 2004, 12:27 PM
Gaz - yeah thats right.

although I am uncertain if the rule is based on what is standard and/or optional for that particular car or what is standard and or optional for other model designations.

ie. SRi is 15X6 so can an SXi have 17X7's?????

ultim8DTM5
24th December 2004, 03:21 PM
It doesnt matter about the RTA rules guys. It all depends on the insurance company. Just becuase the RTA says that you can do this or that doesnt mean you can. Are the RTA going to pickup my bill if i am in an accident and at fault and hit a BMW. I dont think so. (**moderated**) So as per my original question - who are you guys insured with that will allow 17" wheels on a barina SRI - Which by the way has a standard wheel size of 16." I know this

1. NRMA - Doesn't let you put anything bigger than 6" wide
2. GIO - They dont car as long as the RTA approve what you are doing
3. Budget Car Insurance - Wont insure me as i am under 25 in an SRI
4. Just Car Insurance - Wont insure me in SRI under 25

Also the ealer at the tyre place told me if i put 17x7 on the SRI then to keep the speedo acurate i have to put 35 profile tyres. RUBBER BANDS LOL - is this correct??

Yeah but no insurance company will insure a car that isn't road worthy.