PDA

View Full Version : Returning lurker

Aikendrum
24th January 2013, 10:20 AM
Hi peeps,

I actually registered for this forum yeeeears ago, with some grand plans to dBilas-ise my car once out of warranty. After initially enjoying the insights of the enthusiasts on here, my plans got shelved by the humdrum of every day life, and I must admit my visits to the forums dropped off. I discovered my account had been deleted, probably due to age!

Nine years on, my '03 SRi is well out of warranty, it's also well out of "function", having snapped its timing chain just before Christmas (see post in Astra forum for sad story). Apart from wondering what to do with our car which has otherwise been very reliable and alot of fun to drive, we're now considering a new Astra 5-door hatch as a replacement.

So, that's my story :-) Still an Astra fan, the new ones look the business! imho, one of the nicest-looking small cars on the market right now.

Cheers,

Aikendrum

Aikendrum
24th January 2013, 10:23 AM
Oh, I should offer up some details on my car I guess:

Year: 2003
kms: 108000 or so
Condition: Original, with the usual Astra issues like popped front bumper ends. Otherwise pretty good!
Plans if I can get it running again: Air intake, filter, maybe one day a remap for some extra fun! Had dreamed of a bolt-on supercharger, but that remains a dream to this day ;-). Maybe a new bumper.. always did love the look of the turbo one.

guy 27
24th January 2013, 10:58 AM
welcome back to OA

poita
24th January 2013, 11:27 AM
Your old account hadn't been deleted, if you read your PM's.....

Aikendrum
24th January 2013, 11:43 AM
Oh! Hopefully nothing bad LOL

btm
24th January 2013, 12:01 PM
welcome back!

faneca
24th January 2013, 01:05 PM
Welcome back to OA!

Aikendrum
24th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Hm, can't see any PMs?