PDA

View Full Version : They are here!! The OPCs have landed!!!

MitchSRi
21st January 2013, 12:29 PM
+++ Note: I am not at all involved with the launch, was just driving through *location unknown* and spotted them. +++
+++ No photos were taken as I was driving, so don't ask +++

At a secret location, somewhere in Sydney, sit a number of truly special vehicles. They are - the Opel OPC range.

The somewhat laid back looking Insignia OPC is taking it's place proudly on the delivery truck, giving NOTHING away to the unsuspecting person.

It's baby brother the Astra OPC tries hard to hide what lurks beneath, but there's no kidding this enthusiast. Yes Astra OPC you can try and wear that fake Groucho Marx disguise, but we all know the monster that lurks within your Jekyl and Hyde personality.

Finally with it's "sheepish grin" grille is the baby of the range. The Corsa OPC. It looks like a downright cheeky car, and you almost smirk knowing the fun you'll have with it, once inside the cabin.

That's right, today is the day Opel OPC range must be officially launching in Australia.

Don't ask for details, don't ask for locations, I won't tell.

Just rest assured that three stunning looking new Opels are in Australia, ready to raise eyebrows.

I'd say expect to see media reviews coming soon, as I dare say the 3 I saw will be promo vehicles headed to motoring journos.

One thing is for certain... in real life the new Astra OPC is a STUNNING looking car. For those with the cash, I can see many sleepless nights now trying to decide between the new Megane RS (which I also think is a stunning looking car), and the Astra OPC. So I'd encourage you all to grab a pen and paper and start writing down excuses you'll need to assure the "Minister of Finance" in our lives, that we NEED an Astra OPC in our garages :)

Stay tuned Opel enthusiasts.... The OPCs are here :)

guy 27
21st January 2013, 12:49 PM
I have a feeling they are going to be at a race track ;-)

poita
21st January 2013, 12:51 PM
Doesn't Wheels or Motor Magazine use one of the tracks in there tests of new cars?

kabel
21st January 2013, 03:58 PM
Awesome.....................more things to stress about.
Should I or Should not I....that is the question !

poita
21st January 2013, 04:44 PM
Grey Insignia, Arden Corsa and White Astra. Pictures are on the Sydney City Opel facebook page

dutchy
21st January 2013, 08:07 PM
Good the see they have landed :smile5: but it should have been my car on that boat :sad:

Milesy
21st January 2013, 09:34 PM
my car is there :-)

faneca
21st January 2013, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know if the astra OPCs coming with colour coded grilles? Or the less appealing chrome

Nurb608
21st January 2013, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know if the astra OPCs coming with colour coded grilles? Or the less appealing chrome

I'd say the chrome. Only the VXR's have the colour coded grilles from memory. Even the first ones of those had chrome, which they will swap over for you.

faneca
21st January 2013, 09:55 PM
Ah well.
Could always get it colour coded.

And yeah only reason I ask is because everyone on vxronline are having the grilles changed over.

Milesy
21st January 2013, 10:13 PM
Grilles on our OPC are satin chrome so do look different to the garden variety GTC's which have bright chrome grilles.

To be honest I think the colour coded grilles ruin the look as there is just too much of one colour and no contrast, but that's just my opinion.

faneca
21st January 2013, 10:15 PM
That's a good point, I would have liked if it were similar to the old style which and a bit a mesh under it but its a minor detail in the scheme of things. I will still love mine regardless when I got around to buying mine later this year.

Scoobykilla
21st January 2013, 10:31 PM
Seem them in the uk at xmas they look sweet!!

MitchSRi
22nd January 2013, 10:11 PM
Oh boy...

If they do the Astra OPC in Matt Black *jaw drops*

http://www.opel-australia.com.au/content/dam/Opel/Europe/master/hq/en/01_Vehicles/OPC_Group/06_CorsaOPC/Opel_OPC_MattBlackEdition_768x432_opcco125_e01_001 .jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Sydney.City.Opel

Looks like they went for a play around Eastern Creek today :D ...

poita
22nd January 2013, 11:02 PM
That looks like the Corsa to me

hazrd
23rd January 2013, 07:45 AM
100% definitely the Corsa
And ill take one in blue thanks

JohnBu
23rd January 2013, 05:08 PM
100% definitely the Corsa
And ill take one in blue thanks

Biggest guys here drive the smallest Opels!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

hazrd
23rd January 2013, 05:11 PM
You calling me fat? :lol:

el3ment
23rd January 2013, 05:16 PM
Omg omg omg...

JohnBu
23rd January 2013, 08:44 PM
You calling me fat? :lol:

Politely!! lol

Wraith
24th January 2013, 12:37 PM
Biggest guys here drive the smallest Opels!

LOL :D

But I must say after seeing all the Opels in the flesh that are available ATM, I too at this stage am more keen on a Corsa than anything else ...

Will have to wait and see the OPC's in the metal though :)

hazrd
24th January 2013, 04:49 PM
But Ange you're a tiny bloke so you would fit into a Corsa no probs haha :p

Wraith
25th January 2013, 01:03 PM
But Ange you're a tiny bloke so you would fit into a Corsa no probs haha :p

So how does that work for you 'larger' blokes then :p LOL

For what we're wanting (the requirement is for a new car to replace the missus' Yaris so it won't be for me anyway) I/we just find the new Corsa to be a better o/a sized and proportioned package than the new AH Astra which IMHO resembles a scaled down SUV in that same regard it really is a bit of a mid sized porker although I wouldn't mind the OPC variant, but for her she dosn't want something of that size (ie. the AH Astra) if we were to get a Corsa it wouldn't be the OPC variant either that's a bit OT for her, we're also looking at the new updated model Fiat 500 and the new upcoming 2013 Reno Clio, those last 2 options offer excellent efficiency powertrains many other nice small car choices arriving over the next year so it'll be interesting...