PDA

View Full Version : Hi. New owner 2007 Astra H Sri Turbo. Ben- Mid North coast NSW

Monxy
20th January 2013, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone!

I pick up my new ride next week in Sydney. 2007 Coupe sri turbo Z20LER and will be adding some mods asap to make it a little sweeter. I'm very open to opinions at with my current choices.

At this stage Im looking at getting,

CDTI Air Box conversion from Courtenay Sport in the UK. Fully modified to fit straight in.

Definitely Stage 1 tune, but if I can manage the cost I will do stage 2 with exhaust system straight up. (low to medium sound level only)
I have looked into the available tuners in Sydney and have found Autotech Engineering and BSR. I am also aware of the bluefin product... Suggestions???

It will be the newest car I have had for some time, I drive pretty mellow round corners so brakes, sway bar and suspension upgrades are not on the cards just yet due to a budget.

So... once I get the car I will post up some pics up asap.

Cheers everyone! I hope to enjoy my time with the car and being a member here.

Ben.

guy 27
20th January 2013, 02:05 PM
welcome to OA

scamp
20th January 2013, 03:43 PM
welcome

faneca
20th January 2013, 04:09 PM
Welcome along!

dutchy
20th January 2013, 04:12 PM
welcome to the site Ben. For tuning, because you want to do it in stages, have a look at an ipf.

Monxy
20th January 2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone. Dutchy, I'm probably going stage 2 straight up, I will look into the ipf though. Still not sure how that system would be installed. Cheers!

Nurb608
20th January 2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

dutchy
20th January 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone. Dutchy, I'm probably going stage 2 straight up, I will look into the ipf though. Still not sure how that system would be installed. Cheers!

works on a computer. you upload maps to the ecu for different stages as you upgrade parts. all maps are included. have a look on the post about the maps for your engine.

btm
21st January 2013, 08:40 AM
welcome to the site and good luck with the mods!

mickos
21st January 2013, 01:30 PM
works on a computer. you upload maps to the ecu for different stages as you upgrade parts. all maps are included. have a look on the post about the maps for your engine.

Welcome buddy, i agree EDS IPF units are the way to go for stage upgrades and home tuning.

Hoss
22nd January 2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome to OA Monxy