PDA

View Full Version : CB's radios are a must!!

MaximusSmurf
21st December 2004, 11:28 AM
Hey, this is sorta following on from the spur cruise on the weekend. EVERYONE MUST BUY CB's. They are SOOOOOOO unbelievably handy, especially somewhere like the mountains.

At one point we all got stuck behind a few 4WD's with trailers. Frankie and I managed to make it past, as I had a CB and so did Benny-O we could let them know that there was no traffic coming for the next 5km or so, giving them PLENTY of time to get past the 4WD's. If everyone had CB's then they all surely would have made it past, and would not have had to be stuck behind the 4WD's for the next 10 mins.

This is only my opinion but as I have shown they can be extremely useful, even just to the point of giving directions, letting everyone know when we're stopping, dangers on road, cops, etc.

I work at D1ckSmith Powerhouse at fountain gate. I'm workin on getting a small sponsorship going, where if we all get our CB's from Powerhouse fountain gate, then we can get some sort of discount.

I would recommend getting something like this....
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/41c76d1f08afcdd6273fc0a87f9c0755/Product/View/D1771

I own one of these and they're VERY good. Good range, nice and clear, and if u get some rechargeable batteries (http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/41c76d1f08afcdd6273fc0a87f9c0755/Product/View/S4060) then your batteries will last you around 2-3 days of constant use (mines been in my car for about 5 weeks been used on 2 cruises and hasn't lost one bar of battery yet.

They're a worthwhile investment, and like i said i'm trying to work something out with D1cksmith probably be something like 10% or 20% off. If i can do it that is.

Apart from all the other reasons its just fun to be able to talk to everyone while your cruising.

Thanks for listening, i hope you guys (and girls) can give me some feedback.

Anonymous
21st December 2004, 11:31 AM
I'll be in :)
Organise a Groupbuy Kurt :)

a_manda
21st December 2004, 11:51 AM
I ditto everything you said Kurt, they are convenient to use and great for communication between cars especially in areas of minimal/no reception.

If you did sponsorship would you be happy to sell and post to NSW/QLD :?:

Manda :P

Rhino
21st December 2004, 11:57 AM
Might be a bit pricey for some members Kurt.

There are brands available that are adequate for 40 or so notes. But if you want something better, obviously you pay more.

Agreed, great idea, and very valuable. I have mine with me always.

Dee
21st December 2004, 12:07 PM
Supercheap have 2 for $70...

they do the job and they come with charger and batteries....

GOZOFF
21st December 2004, 12:14 PM
There's a large range at Dick Smith and you can't go wrong with Uniden might be bit better than those no name brands. 8)

Click Me---> Dick Smith CB's (http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.filereader?41c778620bc7427c273fc0a87f9c0760+EN/catalogs/CTG0001765)

Dee
21st December 2004, 12:17 PM
i have used my "no name" one for ages... dad originally bought it for work and neither of us have had any trouble with it... the same one for the last 2 - 3 years too....

Anonymous
21st December 2004, 03:23 PM
The Steve Buy, I mean Super Cheap from my Experience are Poo.
Do Great Ocean Road or Reefton Spur, Lose Contact after 3-4 Bends
I had a Uniden, But sitting it on ya Knee then getting out and forgetting it was there then running over it makes a Good Transistor Pancake :evil:

Motorola Are also Good also, Spend a bit on Motorola and it Has a Headset :twisted:

MaximusSmurf
21st December 2004, 04:16 PM
Could prob post interstate depending on what sort of cb your lookin at (obviously not gonna post a $40 cb).

Will try for a general discount accross all CB's and batteries. I have to right a proposal, will prob suggest 20% discount if we can get a guaranteed 20 purchases. I'll see how they take that, if they dont like it, i'll try for 10%.

Is that cool with you guys?