PDA

View Full Version : Smoked tail lights legal?

Lescandale
2nd January 2013, 09:39 PM
I'm looking to tint my windows and to compliment that I'd like to get my tail lights smoked too.
Is this legal and do places like Solatint do this as well or is it something I'm gonna have to do myself/go somewhere else?

guy 27
2nd January 2013, 09:42 PM
Only allowed to lightly tint them but it's up to police discretion in most states. If they think it's too dark they will fine you.

Plasti dip do a light tint which is removable, maybe look at that if that's what you're after.

faneca
2nd January 2013, 09:45 PM
You can buy a spray can called nightshade, two coats is how dark mine are. If I want to take them back to stick its just a matter of getting some metho and rubbing it off then re sealing it.
In sa light has to be seen from 200m to be deemed legal.

poita
2nd January 2013, 09:46 PM
The main thing is they have to be visible from a certain distance and the reflector must still be present.

This varies heaps from state to state though

Lescandale
2nd January 2013, 09:46 PM
Only allowed to lightly tint them but it's up to police discretion in most states. If they think it's too dark they will fine you.

Plasti dip do a light tint which is removable, maybe look at that if that's what you're after.

I'd like them pretty dark if I could. Is plasti dip dodgy or is it durable and is it hard to do yourself?

faneca
2nd January 2013, 09:57 PM
The other thing you can do is get a window tint sheet from supercheap cut that to size and put it on the lights. That will get the darkness your after but then it will still allow plenty of light through.

PS88
3rd January 2013, 01:24 AM
Plastic dip come in a spray cans .. most of the ppls use Plastic dip to spray rims/ hood and etc.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dipyourcar.com&oq=dipyourcar.com&gs_l=youtube.3..0j0i33.478.2049.0.2232.9.8.0.1.1.1 .223.902.3j3j1.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.39K5C5acKC0

List of shits u can do with plastic dip..

good luck.