PDA

View Full Version : Newbie form NZ - Advice on Astra CDTI

MMD87NZ
9th December 2012, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

First-time poster from NZ, love the forums... absolute wealth of info to be found here which is great.
Reason I am here though is I'm after a little bit of advice regarding an Astra H CDTI that I am looking to make an offer on, and you guys obviously seem like the guys to be asking!!
So details...

2007 Holden Astra CDTI Hatch
Z19DT, Auto
125,000km, 1 owner
Asking Price: NZ$12,500
Told regularly serviced at 7,500km intervals
Ex-Rep car, hence ~25,000km/yr, mostly highway kms

Anyway all looks good with it to begin with, but digging around and an inspection reveals..

Headlight not working on dip (suspect simple bulbs but you may all know something more),
Cracked RF fog light lens & RR tailight lens
Broken radio aerial & radio supposedly disconnected (or so are told, cant verify)
RUC (NZ diesel km's tax) behind by 13000km (sloppy, but a simple transaction at post-office to fix)
AND potentially hasn't had cambelt changed at 60/90,000km or whenever, but waiting on Service History to verify this (no cambelt sticker visible though)

Other than that seems OK: Brakes good, Tyres good, some very minor paint scratches but a clean & tidy looking vehicle.
Probably looking, if we do offer, at around NZ$10K, but if cambelt/WP/etc needs doing will drop offer accordingly.

So basically, I'm after some thoughts on it... Good, Bad or otherwise.

Love to hear back, thanks,
Glenn.

sooty
9th December 2012, 12:09 PM
Don't stress about the foglights lens, they were renowned for doing it and were revised later on, you can pick the full fog light (can't just replace the lens) cheap from eBay uk.

Other than that it sounds ok