PDA

View Full Version : SMT6 Mapping

PS88
5th December 2012, 09:55 PM
I've been gathering information about SMT6 remapping for my Astra h 1.8L, for a price of $309 kit will be shipped to my door incl (installation guide CD & wiring loom etc) but i would need to buy Wide-band o2 sensor $139 which isn't too bad.Do you guys think this is a good investment for mapping 1.8 to gain 10-15kw's? Also is the system user friendly & do i need to take it somewhere to load the map for my Astra?

Thanks

Wraith
7th December 2012, 01:11 PM
Good question, is it worth $448 to buy 12.5kw ?? IMO I think not...

You've also got to think about other things like will this tune noticeably increase fuel usage or not ? will the different o2 sensor cause other problems or faults/fault codes to come up ?

I'd do some research over the net and see if you find other people who've done the same and see what their comments were...

chris_r
7th December 2012, 02:42 PM
For that money on a naturally aspirated engine, a 10-15% increase in power is probably decent value. However, if the rest of the Z18 is stock, I'd think you'd be incredibly fortunate to even see that kind of power increase.

Kilbourn
8th December 2012, 01:52 AM
Astra H 1.8L SMT6 Remapping Australia

Lots of information here…

customtacos.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-8097.html

Perfect Power SMT-6 - remapping timing (retard and advance), fuel, etc…

Take a look…

benzino
8th December 2012, 09:23 PM
For that money on a naturally aspirated engine, a 10-15% increase in power is probably decent value. However, if the rest of the Z18 is stock, I'd think you'd be incredibly fortunate to even see that kind of power increase.

+1
people spend a hell of a lot more than that for the same amount of gain with n/a tuning.
There aren't many piggybacks that can advance timing as most are used to go from n/a to turbo and you have to retard. So that's a big plus.
I'm a little sceptical because of the price, it seems way too cheap and it's not really a brand that you hear about on the grapevine.

I hope that you go ahead and be a guinea pig it will be very interesting to see the results.
Who is your supplier?

PS88
9th December 2012, 02:05 AM
Supplier is from Brisbane and he contacted me through http://www.perfectpower.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=62
The only think i'm concern about is tuning the piggy back to suit my car, i don't have any background about tuning and wiring seem kinda complicated.
I prefer super-chip 10kws (drive in & drive out).

benzino
9th December 2012, 10:15 PM
If you have no knowledge of wiring or road tuning then I would absolutely be saying no to you doing it unless you are patient enough to learn and be prepared for the consequences if you cook the engine...