PDA

View Full Version : Zapfira advice

krisd
4th December 2012, 08:39 AM
I just joined this forum hoping to get some advice on the Zafira.I've got a friend who owns one and he loves it.Its got plenty of room inside and he drives it hard.He has had it since new in 2001.So,as I'm considering one of these to buy so can you offer some advice?
1) Are parts easy to find?
2)can you fit later model front bucket seats from a larger vehicle like Holden Commodore to improve comfort?
3)extra fuel capacity?
4)I would like to set the vehicle up to go travelling in.That means carry food,drinks,belongings,spares,etc and to be able to set up a bed so I can stop overnight to sleep in the vehicle.Has anyone done this to their own vehicle? Even set up as a camper version?
5)I've hear of mechanical problems with timing chains being a common problem.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

guy 27
4th December 2012, 11:19 AM
1) parts are plentiful at the wreckers due to people who don't know how to take care of them.
2) i've heard astra seats are straight bolt in. Although the height difference seems like it might be an issue.
3) no extra fuel capacity.
4) Haven't heard or seen a camper one but its not to say there isn't one or more out there.
5) timing and balance chain replacement every 100k km, oil changes with quality oil every 7.5k km max. Only use genuine parts and you will never have any issues.