PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportlines

Senor Ed
29th November 2012, 09:38 AM
Hey,

I ordered the Pro-kit from a Eibach direct yesterday and they called me today saying they were out of stock until January but can give me the SportLines for the same price.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these in terms of the amount of drop and the ride?

I have a 2008 Astra Turbo with standard suspension.

Cheers...

guy 27
29th November 2012, 11:33 AM
ride is much and much. drop on sportlines is 50mm on the front compared to the 30mm of the prokit. rears for both are 30mm. remember you are already ~15mm lowered from standard

Senor Ed
29th November 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks mate.... I called them and got them to ship the Sportslines...

Now just need to find a place to fit them in Melbourne :)

balker
29th November 2012, 05:02 PM
Sportiness are the better option. What wheel size you got?

Senor Ed
30th November 2012, 09:18 AM
The standard 18's.....

Wraith
30th November 2012, 12:37 PM
Hey,

I ordered the Pro-kit from a Eibach direct yesterday and they called me today saying they were out of stock until January but can give me the SportLines for the same price.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these in terms of the amount of drop and the ride?

I have a 2008 Astra Turbo with standard suspension.

Cheers...

The difference in the 2 is lowered/ing height...

The Sportline kit will give a greater lowering or lowered height than the Pro kit...

They are both the same in terms of type of spring and spring operation, ie. progressive rate...

Depending on the drop you want that should determine your selection, if your wanting a specific drop then wait for the appropriate kit, don't get the kit that's available just for the sake of it...

Check the specs for the individual application, the drop height of either kit IS NOT the same across the board of vehicle types...

Recommedation: I've use both kits on several car types, including my TS turbo vert, old V6 Calibra and recent Mazda 3 SP25, result - completely happy with them IMHO the Pro kit with the milder drop is the better option :)

GreyRex
30th November 2012, 01:14 PM
I may as well give you my opinion

I had an 06 Astra Turbo brand new on stock springs for 12 months, then on the Eibach Pro-Kit for for the next 3 years until I sold it

The Pro-Kit gives you an even distance tyre to guard the entire way round, the Sportlines drop it more obviously so they'll have that very low look and there'll be less distance top of the tyre to guard

In my honest opinion, they make the IDS+ suspension in the Turbo worse. Any bump absorbency you have stock obviously gets reduced, but then when you use the Sport button which makes the suspension harder again, it feels like you're driving around with wood as suspension

Going over speed-humps etc the suspension just seems to 'slap' over it, rather than obsorb it

Just remember - this is all with the Pro-Kit!!

I would keep your stock springs... just in case

Senor Ed
30th November 2012, 01:50 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys.....

Sportlines just arrived; I'll get them fitted over the weekend and see how they go....

Senor Ed
20th January 2013, 03:35 PM
The ride is a little harsh but all i do is avoid any sharp looking bumps hahahahaha....

Since i have done this tho, i now have the bug to continue modding the car and am looking to buy an intercooler.... Any advice on which would be the best to move to the EDS IPS stage 2?

Cheers

Wraith
21st January 2013, 01:15 PM
I may as well give you my opinion

I had an 06 Astra Turbo brand new on stock springs for 12 months, then on the Eibach Pro-Kit for for the next 3 years until I sold it

The Pro-Kit gives you an even distance tyre to guard the entire way round, the Sportlines drop it more obviously so they'll have that very low look and there'll be less distance top of the tyre to guard

In my honest opinion, they make the IDS+ suspension in the Turbo worse. Any bump absorbency you have stock obviously gets reduced, but then when you use the Sport button which makes the suspension harder again, it feels like you're driving around with wood as suspension

Going over speed-humps etc the suspension just seems to 'slap' over it, rather than obsorb it

Just remember - this is all with the Pro-Kit!!

I would keep your stock springs... just in case

Ok thanks for the info guys.....

Sportlines just arrived; I'll get them fitted over the weekend and see how they go....

The one inportant thing to remember with all spring changes/modifications which alot of people leave out, is to change or match up the new springs with the appropriate damper or shock absorbers...

In some cases eg. springs with a mild drop and 'standard' dampers they work well, in cases where the drop is significant they won't work well and the stock damper life will also be considerably reduced...

IMO if your going to use sportlines which give the bigger drop, you should also consider replacing the stock dampers, that will give a much better and longer lasting result...

In the case above of the 06 Astra with OEM adjustable or different setting/s dampers I personally wouldn't have touched the springs for the exact reason of the problems that came with it, you would have to first check if different springs will suit OEM adjustable dampers, usually the answer is no...

Vehicles equipped with magnetic variable settings or other type of adjustable dampers don't take well to having different springs put in, in that case people opt to use a complete spring and variable damper replacement, there are new systems out now like the KW EDC which is being used alot on higher end cars...

lonewolf1983
25th January 2013, 11:56 PM
yep you need a matched set for things to work well.
This is why i went for coilovers, matched damper and springs, with the added benefit of ride height adjustment to get it just right.
Not expensive either...