PDA

View Full Version : AH Astra key

Milesy
24th November 2012, 08:14 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help me. My original key is falling apart and no longer holds together but otherwise works fine. I bought a new key with the plan of transferring the chip and blade from my old key into the new case but I can't seem to pry the new key open to do the swap.

I want to avoid the need to get the new key programed and cut. Has anyone else done this before or have any tips on how to do it?

metry
24th November 2012, 08:22 AM
ive tried it on a g. it doesnt work the key needs to be programmed to the car. maybe it might be different for you cause you bought a brand new one when i did it with an old car key.

Milesy
24th November 2012, 08:43 AM
No programming should be required as I am simply taking the chip out of my key that had fallen apart. In the AH key the chip sits loose in the case.

So if I can just split open the new key I bought it will be a straight swap of both the chip and blade from my old key. That's the plan anyway

chrissn89
24th November 2012, 10:25 AM
This might help with getting the key open.

http://www.phoenix-autosport.co.uk/Info%20Pages/how%20to%20guides/astra%20g%20van/keyfob.pdf

metry
24th November 2012, 05:25 PM
No programming should be required as I am simply taking the chip out of my key that had fallen apart. In the AH key the chip sits loose in the case.

So if I can just split open the new key I bought it will be a straight swap of both the chip and blade from my old key. That's the plan anyway

oh yeh the key will work fine but the actual keyless entry will need to be programmed