PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dropped a wad of cash on the new OPC?

domthepom
17th November 2012, 05:01 PM
Just curious to see who's taken the plunge? I'm seriously considering it.

mickos
17th November 2012, 05:15 PM
Do it!

domthepom
17th November 2012, 05:18 PM
I've been teasing myself with YouTube videos for a few weeks now, really want to have a drive of one.

poita
17th November 2012, 06:10 PM
If I had the coin to do it, my name would be on one already.

After seeing it in the flesh, wow just wow

faneca
17th November 2012, 06:23 PM
I'm saving up so I don't have to get a massive loan but yes I'm the sans as Pete lol

nigelh
17th November 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm seriously thinking about it was going to get a megane but the opc has grown on me but I want to have a drive or at least see one in flesh before handing over any cash.

dutchy
17th November 2012, 07:38 PM
If I didnt need a 4 door, i would probably have gotten the new opc.

kabel
17th November 2012, 08:03 PM
Name is on the list with Barbagallo Opel as "interested".
Lacking garage space at present though.

domthepom
17th November 2012, 09:21 PM
My plan of attack is that the barina will have to go, as its the oldest out of the 2 we have and that my commodore has only got 50k on the clock so is barely run in. Ideally I'd like to keep both and have the opc as a play thing but I just don't have the room :(

Calibrated
17th November 2012, 09:54 PM
Currently a choice between OPC and Golf R. Driven the golf and I can get one long before I can even sit in an OPC let alone drive it. Will probably drive one in SA while I'm there in Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milesy
18th November 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm definitely getting one...I haven't handed over any cash yet but the Motorshow car has my name on it ;-)

Anyone want to buy a Feb 09 build MY09.5 black SRi-T with just 26,000km on it? It will be for sale very soon!

mickos
18th November 2012, 04:58 PM
Fark yeah! New OPC!

I'm definitely getting one...I haven't handed over any cash yet but the Motorshow car has my name on it ;-)

Anyone want to buy a Feb 09 build MY09.5 black SRi-T with just 26,000km on it? It will be for sale very soon!

poita
18th November 2012, 05:26 PM
You better fix the front grill when you get it Milesy :p

ChrisMaz
18th November 2012, 05:30 PM
Name is on the list with Barbagallo Opel as "interested".
Lacking garage space at present though.

SRi-T can be taken off your hands Kim :p

chris_r
18th November 2012, 10:24 PM
I'd be interested in an OPC, but it'd have to be an Insignia. As much as I'd love a 2 door, I'm getting closer to that stage where I'm gonna next the extra set of doors. Plus, I'd have to change jobs as working for Aus Post isn't exactly the greatest paying job around.

dizzydumb
19th November 2012, 01:14 PM
SRi-T can be taken off your hands Kim :p

Would be a good buy!

metry
19th November 2012, 06:45 PM
I'd be interested in an OPC, but it'd have to be an Insignia. As much as I'd love a 2 door, I'm getting closer to that stage where I'm gonna next the extra set of doors. Plus, I'd have to change jobs as working for Aus Post isn't exactly the greatest paying job around.

i used to work for auspost. back on topic the opc corsa is more my fancy but if i had the dosh would definitely be putting it down on an astra

Wraith
20th November 2012, 12:55 PM
Just curious to see who's taken the plunge? I'm seriously considering it.

As enticing as it sounds and also if you can afford to get one straight up, my advice is hang in there and wait till they've arrived first and make sure it seals the deal after sampling it - either that or make sure you have proper paper work written up with details of a full refund if your not satisfied after the test drive or physical inspection...I've been in that position a number of times and it's always worked out better that way, you know exactly what your getting :)

I've seen quite a few people get themselves into trouble from deposit pre-orders that they then don't want or can't go ahead with for various reasons and lose out on their deposits...

The other aspect too is you can negotiate a better price once they are openly/freely available, most of the time there's no movement on pre-order pricing, stealers know exactly how 'keen' you are and will take advantage if you pre-order way in advance...

Milesy
20th November 2012, 08:17 PM
As enticing as it sounds and also if you can afford to get one straight up, my advice is hang in there and wait till they've arrived first and make sure it seals the deal after sampling it...

Don't worry mate I can assure you that you won't be disappointed! I drove it yesterday and was blown away...unbeatable bang for your buck!

Nurb608
20th November 2012, 09:31 PM
Don't worry mate I can assure you that you won't be disappointed! I drove it yesterday and was blown away...unbeatable bang for your buck!

I really hate you some times lol :p

poita
20th November 2012, 11:48 PM
I really hate you some times lol :p

+1.

Younge
21st November 2012, 04:31 PM
After hearing about my friends looking forward to waking up on a raining cloudy morning because they get to drive a new vxr/opc into work really makes me want one.
I'll be honest though, the price tag is a lot for the car. I don't know if i could buy any car brand new because of how much it looses. I may just wait and see what 2nd hand ones appear.

For 42k you could buy a 2nd hand bmw 3 series or audi a5... I just don't know.. its tricky!

adam_92
21st November 2012, 04:40 PM
This is probably the main thing that has stopped me aswell. The simple fact of depreciation. I don't want to save my hard earned money to lose an absolute shed load of money on a brand new car for nothing...

Younge
21st November 2012, 04:45 PM
Don't get me wrong, everyone who has owned a new VXR/OPC hasn't regretted it. But... for 30k i could go buy a GT86 which is just as much fun, winning a shed load of awards and everyone respects it.

In England they are only 22k (34k aud) for 34k i would have one any day. But for 42..... That is a lot of money. I found a BMW 2010 3 series in white for that. Or An auti TT 2009....

It's going to boil down to personal preference. I'm tempted to make the leap.. You live once right? It will put a smile on my face every day especially being in this country with the weather being hot a lot of the time.
But i keep looking at getting the most for my money... Options Options

poita
21st November 2012, 05:08 PM
The FT86 is gutless and way over rated

JohnBu
21st November 2012, 05:34 PM
for 30k i could go buy a GT86 which is just as much fun, winning a shed load of awards and everyone respects it.

No you couldn't, you'll be lucky to get one drive away for under $36k, if you can get one.

I, too like the FT86, but I'm not going to pay full retail on any car.

PS88
21st November 2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cvuP20DwW0&feature=related

Milesy
21st November 2012, 08:19 PM
The FT86 is gutless and way over rated

Agree, until Toyota/Subaru get serious and turbocharge this thing it doesn't even get a second glance for me.

dutchy
21st November 2012, 09:23 PM
Agree, until Toyota/Subaru get serious and turbocharge this thing it doesn't even get a second glance for me.

wont cost that much to put a turbo on. anything is possible for cash. Mate of mine just had one put on his great wall ute... doubled it's power output.

Shadow110
21st November 2012, 09:51 PM
Castle hill exhaust do a drive in drive out package for the 86

Shadow110
21st November 2012, 09:59 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/21/eny3y7a3.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/21/be7y7aja.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/21/u5ejydap.jpg

xplosv57
21st November 2012, 10:39 PM
Thats a funny looking OPC

Shadow110
21st November 2012, 10:42 PM
Was referring to the turbo kit for the 86... :-P

ChrisMaz
22nd November 2012, 02:08 AM
Castle hill exhaust do a drive in drive out package for the 86

Or I can Purchase a brand new OPC, with a dealer warranty and a turbo. :D

And too be honest, a better looking car.

As with anything its personal preference. I'm not going to shit on the hype being generated by the OPC because it really is looking to be like Australia's best hot hatch for the cash.
I'll judge it once I drive it, purely because I jumped on the GTC Sport hype wagon and was disappointed.

Shadow110
22nd November 2012, 08:21 AM
I agree, when I was at the motor show the OPC was looking hot and sharp and even the missus said that I could have one, but would never be allow to upgrade it...
"Yeh babe, it's stock..... Honest" lol

Wraith
23rd November 2012, 12:48 PM
Or I can Purchase a brand new OPC, with a dealer warranty and a turbo. :D

And too be honest, a better looking car.

As with anything its personal preference. I'm not going to shit on the hype being generated by the OPC because it really is looking to be like Australia's best hot hatch for the cash.
I'll judge it once I drive it, purely because I jumped on the GTC Sport hype wagon and was disappointed.

Every word/meaning in this post makes total sense !!!

People need to be constantly reminded that on a new or near new vehicle no matter how cheap the initial purchase is and/or how easy and cheap it is to enhance it mechanically by adding this or that, you then blow your warranty, your insurance, your reliabilty and your peace of mind - is it worth it ?? as above each to their own...

My opinion if you want a new or near new vehicle with forced induction buy something with forced induction already in it !

For people who love and want an 86 or the Sube equivalent, wait for the forced induction variants, they are coming :)

If it were much older vehicles, different story but you still have to deal with insurance and other legality issues...

rjastra
24th November 2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR2uUb4d4NI&feature=share&list=UU5rBpVgv83gYPZ593XwQUsA

Wraith
26th November 2012, 01:06 PM
Bloody long vid LOL :)

All good in their own way suppose it'll come down to personal choice for personal reasons for anyone choosing to buy one of these, main thing for the Opel is that it's a massive improvement over previous models there's alot of people who didn't like the way the previous OPC drove and handled so thumbs up with the new AJ :)