PDA

View Full Version : Hi from adelaide

Tim89
7th November 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone, new to opelaus so thought I'd say gday

I'm Tim from south Adelaide. I have a 2007 Astra SRi Turbo which I've owned for about 3 years. My car is broken atm, so that's how I've found this forum (when researching for new parts etc). The Astra has a few mods at the moment, but I'm looking to turn it into a bit of a fast road car which i can take on a few hill climbs and maybe to the track.

Looking foward to chattin with yous and seeing some other opels.

Cheers

adam_92
7th November 2012, 02:12 PM
Welcome to opelaus mate! Where in south Adelaide? I'm down south too. Aaron faneca is over west at grange and chris_r is up semaphore/north haven way. There's a few other SA members floating around the place too.

faneca
7th November 2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome Tim! As adam said im from grange so if your ever my way keep an eye out for me and gimme a wave, you won't miss me lol

What's wrong with your car?

btm
7th November 2012, 03:38 PM
welcome to the site and good luck with the repairs!

Tim89
7th November 2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I'm down Aldinga Beach way...dunno when i'll be gettin the car back though, the gearbox (M32) has gone so i'm waiting for the verdict on how bad it is. While everything is out im upgrading the clutch, brakes and exhaust.

gowsa
7th November 2012, 04:50 PM
Welcome mate you will find plenty of useful info on here

Nurb608
7th November 2012, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the site mate. If the gearbox is gone, get one from either courtenay sport with the new updated clutch or from autovaux

guy 27
7th November 2012, 05:04 PM
Welcome to oa

Tim89
7th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah i'v just ordered a new clutch, flywheel and hydraulic slave cylinder from courtenay sport...does courts stock new gearboxes do they, wasnt aware of that??

Nurb608
7th November 2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah i'v just ordered a new clutch, flywheel and hydraulic slave cylinder from courtenay sport...does courts stock new gearboxes do they, wasnt aware of that??

Yeah, they can get them in. I think thats where Alex (mania) got his from when he had the same issue. Got them to fit up a LSD at the same time before shipping from memory. Could be wrong though, lol.

chris_r
7th November 2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Tim and welcome. Pity about the gearbox problems though, would be nice to see another Opel at Eurofest on 2nd December.

faneca
7th November 2012, 09:16 PM
Hi Tim and welcome. Pity about the gearbox problems though, would be nice to see another Opel at Eurofest on 2nd December.

Forgot to mention that! But yes there is a thread in the cruise section if you wanna come along.

Tim89
7th November 2012, 09:35 PM
Forgot to mention that! But yes there is a thread in the cruise section if you wanna come along.

That sounds good, hopefully the Astra is all fixed and ready by then fingers crossed

Tim89
7th November 2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, they can get them in. I think thats where Alex (mania) got his from when he had the same issue. Got them to fit up a LSD at the same time before shipping from memory. Could be wrong though, lol.

That's good to know, might have to keep that in mind in case my mechanic cant fix it or find an m32. I would imagine those gearboxes would be quite hard to find in Aust?? especially Adelaide.

AstraTS
8th November 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi Tim and welcome to another SA member to the forum. (I live at Aberfoyle Park).
A lot of knowledge and useful information from the guys here keeps my Astra going, so I am sure you will find the same.
All the best with your gearbox.
John