PDA

View Full Version : Which alloys do you recommend?

nicecar
15th December 2004, 10:40 PM
This is my Astra Convertible, need to upgrade Alloys. What do you think will look best.

Advanti Stalker
http://www.racenet.co.nz/buyers_info/wheels/advanti/stalker.jpg
Wheel/tyre package $1300
or

Speedywheels Sirocco II
http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/wheels/sirocco-2.jpg
Wheel/tyre package $1500

Looking at 17" unless can get 18" versions (without rubbing problems/same tyre rating for insurance compliance)

What do you guys think will look best?

Cheers

Degen-Astra
15th December 2004, 10:45 PM
Both look nice.
The Advanti Stalker looks rather generic. Bar the grooves inset in the middle of each spoke.

But the Speedy wheels look a lot better for style. But for some reason I dont think they will suit the Cabrio as much as it would a hatch or sedan.

Just my opinion mate.

YuSuF
15th December 2004, 10:46 PM
Stalkers in 18 would rock :!:

Nem
15th December 2004, 11:15 PM
Out of those two the stalkers.

astra_city
16th December 2004, 01:20 AM
well I'm going to say the sirocco II's, but i'm biased :)

KevinFok
16th December 2004, 01:24 AM
out of those two i would get the stalkers

but i think that the car would look heaps better with some nice deep dish rims like these ones

danielvh
16th December 2004, 04:25 AM
Hey, where are you getting that price for the Stalkers?

And with what tyres?

Would suit Astra Sedan with 5-stud pattern?

Daniel

Anonymous
16th December 2004, 09:14 AM
stalkers def man, the bigger the car the straighter you want your spokes, curved spoked only look good on smaller cars, plus the straight spokes look bigger than they are ;) good luck with it you must show us what is to be done to it

RK
16th December 2004, 09:30 AM
Definately Stalkers!

nicecar
16th December 2004, 12:24 PM
Hey, where are you getting that price for the Stalkers?

http://www.thetyrefactory.com.au/

It was a flyer that came in the junk mail :) - valid to end of year
17" with tyres (doesn't say the brand of tyres but new ones)

~Kupu~
16th December 2004, 01:19 PM
tyres would more than likely be nankangs.

NEMO
16th December 2004, 05:36 PM
Stalkers in shadow chrome look great!

Dee
16th December 2004, 05:51 PM
Stalkers :) cos they look good

nice and easy to clean too

Greg K
16th December 2004, 05:59 PM
stalkers mate!
nice and simple!
does the convertible have the same stud pattern as the vectra??

frankie9fingers
16th December 2004, 06:34 PM
stalkers then dumped on it's bare bum! that'll look sweet :wink:

extralarge
16th December 2004, 07:47 PM
gonna lower the car?

nicecar
17th December 2004, 02:28 AM
KevinFok - Thanks for the photo but don't like those rims for 1 reason. Hard to keep clean :cry:

Hey ~Kupu~, I gave them a call and are some Chinese make never heard of but can pay bit extra to get some well known brand tyres

Greg K - stud patten same as some Vectras 5/110 44 offset

extralarge - it is already lowered :x - just think that the photo doesn't show that as taken from low position. 30mm drop. When I 1st picked it up, could not believe how low it was :P

Well the majority decision is final. Stalkers (hey astra_city - you will have to post some photos of your car to see if you can convince me :? )

Thanks for your help, I have been looking at upgrading wheels for last 6 months and the range in that fitment is limited (especially in Perth) and then the design I like. Finally decided on 2.

Wraith
17th December 2004, 01:26 PM
Definitely the Stalkers in 18"

I too have a silver convertible and my rims are not those (stalkers) but they are very similar and in 18" and shadow chrome finish.

Believe me they make the car look a million bucks :D

nicecar
17th December 2004, 07:09 PM
I too have a silver convertible and my rims are not those (stalkers) but they are very similar and in 18" and shadow chrome finish.

Hey Wraith, got any pics and what was the cost of your wheels/make?

Cheers Mate :D

Wraith
20th December 2004, 02:02 PM
Hey there,

As yet I hav'nt done a photo shoot of my turbo convertible because I've still got a few add ons to put onto it.

The wheels Ive got cost me 3500 bucks all up :shock: a fair whack, but hey they do make the car look sensational, I've also lowered it with Eibach sports suspension kit (30mm), again a costly amount at over 700 bucks installed but well worth it IMO.

As soon as take some shots I'll send to you PM, so you can check it out.

Cheers :P

nicecar
23rd December 2004, 02:11 AM
Get my new 17" Stalkers tomorrow. Can't wait!! :D

Will be selling 16" stock wheels with tyres, will post in for sale section in the next few weeks.

danielvh
23rd December 2004, 02:16 AM
Get my new 17" Stalkers tomorrow. Can't wait!! :D

Will be selling 16" stock wheels with tyres, will post in for sale section in the next few weeks.
What tyres do you have on them. How old are they? Any rim/tyre damage?

I'm interested in these wheels/tyres and I'm in Perth.

What sort of price range would you be looking for?

nicecar
24th December 2004, 01:43 AM
Gutted.
Went to get my new wheels today and they had ordered the wrong ones, they should have been in a silver finish but were in shadow chrome :bang: . They put them on to see what I thought but didn't like it as look black. They say they can't get fitment in silver so back to drawing board ... :(

Really gutted...

Wraith
24th December 2004, 11:12 AM
nice car, as I said the stalkers look awesome, :) why didn't you get the 18's :?:

They look even more stunning :P

Great to see another stunning silver Astra convertible :P

nicecar
25th December 2004, 02:56 AM
Hi Wraith, the Stalkers are great, but didn't like the shadow crome finish, want the silver finish but now told they can't get silver in that fitment. The Stalkers don't come in 18s in Astra fitment neither...

Think the 17s dont look that much bigger than the stock 16s so thinking of getting 18s. Must be in silver finish and design similar to the stalker. Difficult to find in Perth..

Anonymous
25th December 2004, 11:23 AM
i think your right man silver finish would rock, i dunno about the 18's thought they do look bigger than the stock ones and im sure in silver the difference will be even more evident

daopeliser
30th December 2004, 12:11 AM
yeaH rock it uleh, silver, 18's are small cuz!!! rock da 19's uleh big xciten uknow u be da man cummon OPEL man up here as 15's uknow cuz uknow get da 19's scvrub da gaurds dun be scared ey stuff da warrenty jus do it ey uleh ur da man rock on

Bernard Siong
30th December 2004, 12:17 AM
WOAH I LIKE THE SHADOW CHROME
LOOKS MEAN

mixmelb
30th December 2004, 12:42 AM
I love the shadow chrome as well......looks nicer I think

nicecar
30th December 2004, 03:08 AM
Yep, such a personal preference but for me I find that my stock Silver wheels look like shadow chrome when they have not been cleaned for a week or two and get the built up of brake dust!!! :oops: