PDA

View Full Version : Opelising my astra g. Questions about badges, and where to get them.

Evaken
24th October 2012, 06:07 PM
Hi all,

Got an Astra G recently and i'm planning to opelise, but having some trouble.

Firstly, i cant find anywhere to buy opel badges. I've searched around on opelaus, and found opelise.com on eBay, but i don't think they stock the right badges for Astra G's.

Secondly, I've measured my badges and cant find similar sizes on opelise.com. There arent any similar sizes available for purchase similar to what i measured for the front and the rear of the car (85mm front, 65mm rear)

And finally, ive read in a few places that the front badge cant be replaced and requires a whole new grille. A friend of mine suggested jimmying off the holden badge, and using a peice of black plastic the same shape/size as the new opel badge to cover the holes, and sticking the opel badge onto it. Will this work?

Thanks for any help!

Evan

faneca
24th October 2012, 06:27 PM
Email autovaux. They will be able to sort you out. With the Gs you can take the Holden emblem off but it has the Holden outline behind. So its better to get a new Opel grille. I got my Opel badge for the rear off opelise so it may pay to just email them to see if they have it but its not listed.

dutchy
24th October 2012, 06:41 PM
there'll be some members that will have / might have a spare Opel grill for sale on the forum.

Evaken
24th October 2012, 11:16 PM
Email autovaux. They will be able to sort you out. With the Gs you can take the Holden emblem off but it has the Holden outline behind. So its better to get a new Opel grille. I got my Opel badge for the rear off opelise so it may pay to just email them to see if they have it but its not listed.

great thanks for the info
emailed autovaux.

do you know anywhere that stocks the wheel caps and steering wheel emblems?

guy 27
24th October 2012, 11:17 PM
autovaux do the centre caps as well.

for the steering wheel do a search on here its been covered a few times for what your option are.