PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Convertible -- Cascada

imay
18th October 2012, 12:34 PM
Been a long time between postings (as we no longer have an Astra in our stable) . . . but how gorgeous is this:cool:!!!! http://www.netcarshow.com/opel/2013-cascada/

Off to Sydney on the weekend and just happen to be there same time as the Motor Show. Dare say this won't be featuring, but will be checking out the other offerings from Opel . . . along with everything else on show.

P.S. Wraith - empty your inbox so you can receive messages!!!!

guy 27
18th October 2012, 12:37 PM
I may have already registered interest in one pending engine options.

Wraith
18th October 2012, 01:09 PM
Hello Ian and welcome back !!!!! :D

As for this new Opel vert just from the pics it looks amazing - would love to see it in the flesh and find out more about the mechanical options as stated above...

Does anyone know if this model takes the place of the new AJ vert ?? or will there still be an AJ convertible ??

I'll try and sort out my PM section :)

EDIT: all sorted Ian :)

poita
18th October 2012, 01:12 PM
afaik Wraith this is the AJ convertible variant.

faneca
18th October 2012, 01:20 PM

This

It's apparently sized between the astra and insignia also so its not technically an astra

btm
18th October 2012, 01:57 PM
i'm a fan!

Bloodnok
18th October 2012, 03:49 PM
It's apparently sized between the astra and insignia also so its not technically an astra

Now all they need to do is make a hardtop version. They could even call it 'Calibra' :p

Wraith
18th October 2012, 08:20 PM

Thanks Poita :)

This

That could suggest some decent powerplant options like the turbo V6 donk from the Insignia Hmmmm Noice !!!!

glider
18th October 2012, 08:41 PM
will probably have the insignia 2.0t or astra 1.6t

faneca
22nd October 2012, 01:20 PM
I think they were looking at using the astra OPC engine in it at one point too but I'm not sure if that is still the case? guy 27

poita
22nd October 2012, 01:22 PM
"Four turbocharged powertrain options will be offered initially: three petrol and one diesel. Two tunes of a 1.4-litre four-cylinder petrol – producing 88kW/220Nm and 103kW/220Nm – are teamed with a six-speed manual transmission at the budget end of the range, while a 125kW/280Nm 1.6-litre unit offers more performance when teamed with either the manual or the optional six-speed automatic.

The sole diesel is a 2.0-litre engine that generates 121kW of power and 380Nm of torque. Opel says more powerful petrol and diesel engines will be added to the line-up further down the track."

faneca
22nd October 2012, 01:25 PM
Ahk well there you go. Is like to see an OPC version of this.

Wraith
22nd October 2012, 01:27 PM
"Four turbocharged powertrain options will be offered initially: three petrol and one diesel. Two tunes of a 1.4-litre four-cylinder petrol – producing 88kW/220Nm and 103kW/220Nm – are teamed with a six-speed manual transmission at the budget end of the range, while a 125kW/280Nm 1.6-litre unit offers more performance when teamed with either the manual or the optional six-speed automatic.

The sole diesel is a 2.0-litre engine that generates 121kW of power and 380Nm of torque. Opel says more powerful petrol and diesel engines will be added to the line-up further down the track."

So no V6 turbo option - bummer :(

Ahk well there you go. Is like to see an OPC version of this.

Agree, that would be one sexy and bad ass vert :D

poita
22nd October 2012, 01:28 PM
Underpowered for the size of the car imo, considering it's bigger than an A5

Wraith
22nd October 2012, 01:32 PM
Underpowered for the size of the car imo, considering it's bigger than an A5

Should still go alright Pete...

I suppose for convertibles unless they're a specific performance model, most are made for just cruising not bruising :D

guy 27
22nd October 2012, 02:32 PM
I think they were looking at using the astra OPC engine in it at one point too but I'm not sure if that is still the case? guy 27

no idea. I'm hoping it will if and when it comes to Aus.

SIMid
2nd November 2012, 02:26 PM
:eek6::rum:

I'm sold if this has an OPC heart!