PDA

View Full Version : Opel September Sales Figures

poita
5th October 2012, 02:33 PM
These are the figures that have been floating around on the internet in regard to Opel's first month in Australia.

Not bad from only 19 dealers imo.

Opel sold 174 cars last month:

- 62 Astras
- 38 GTCs
- 30 Corsas
- 44 Insignias

Congratulations Opel on a good start, no doubt those figures are going to skyrocket over the next few months

If these need correction please feel free to adjust as needed Melanie Kerin

faneca
5th October 2012, 02:37 PM
Congratulations!!! Very impressive start considering the brand awerness

HoldenAstra
5th October 2012, 03:30 PM
Well done!

But still haven't seen one on Sydney road.

mickos
5th October 2012, 03:37 PM
I have only seen 1 GTC myself also

Well done!

But still haven't seen one on Sydney road.

OpelTigra2005
5th October 2012, 09:44 PM
You will all see mine soon. Astra GTC 1.6 Turbo in flaming yellow... Get it in 3 weeks!

Feelinlucky75
6th October 2012, 12:11 AM
You will all see mine soon. Astra GTC 1.6 Turbo in flaming yellow... Get it in 3 weeks!

Fk yeah nice pick up. Love yellow cars lol... (ps I'm at a bucks party so feel free to ignore me lol)

OpelTigra2005
6th October 2012, 10:08 AM
Ha ha ha yeah looks good in yellow. What do u mean feel free to ignore me? :)

faneca
6th October 2012, 05:23 PM

He is a tad drunk so he may be talking crap ;)

Saw a yellow GTC today at the Opel dealership here in Adelaide and its a head turner mate! You will enjoy it

kabel
6th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Nice.
Sales of the Insignia look good for the first month of a new brand with a new model here.
Continued Strength to Opel !

dsuhiti91
14th October 2012, 07:48 PM
These include registered demo's. Actual figure is 84 cars combined sold to actual customers.

Feelinlucky75
14th October 2012, 08:49 PM

Yeah I was a bit wasted when I wrote that.. Thank fk for auto correct lol

opelnz
18th April 2013, 09:24 PM
Any more up to date figures? Interested to see how the entry into Aussie market is going!

poita
18th April 2013, 09:34 PM
Any more up to date figures? Interested to see how the entry into Aussie market is going!

At over $3000/yr ($4m NZ :P) for the Vfacts subscription I won't be able to update you on this sorry.

Only if the information is released publicly then can I pass it on.

Cheers Bro

ChrisMaz
30th April 2013, 04:55 PM
Total sales figues.....

"The brand has sold 463 vehicles to March 2012" (Copied from Caradvice.com.au, this should state 2013 not 2012)

I'd say entry is relatively slow..... Early days however.

preludacris
14th May 2013, 05:27 PM
I hope they don't drop their sponsorship to the Melbourne footy club. We need them!!! So hopefully sales pick up! We are in the news just about every week though (just not for the right reasons) so exposure would still be high lol.

poita
14th May 2013, 09:54 PM
I hope they don't drop their sponsorship to the Melbourne footy club. We need them!!! So hopefully sales pick up! We are in the news just about every week though (just not for the right reasons) so exposure would still be high lol.

On the other hand Roosters NRL Team is doing fantastic and playing very well this year!

preludacris
15th May 2013, 09:25 AM
clearly not an issue with the sponsor then! lol

AstraTurbo03
22nd May 2013, 06:32 PM
They would of probably sold better if it was rebranded as a holden like they did with Previous models instead of going on their own this time. I don't think Opel is well known in Australia.

Total sales figues.....

"The brand has sold 463 vehicles to March 2012" (Copied from Caradvice.com.au, this should state 2013 not 2012)

I'd say entry is relatively slow..... Early days however.

Vectracious
22nd May 2013, 07:04 PM
They would of probably sold better if it was rebranded as a holden like they did with Previous models instead of going on their own this time. I don't think Opel is well known in Australia.

:banghead:

Please enlighten all of us about what exactly was so good about holden handling opel models?

Was it the substandard servicing and knowledge about the cars?

The astra g was only so successful because import credits kept the price down. The Australian public do not accept expensive holdens, especially 4 cylinder ones.

Opel have a much better chance selling their cars under their name and the connotations about opel being an affordable German brand. After all how do you think a 40k astra would go against the new my14 cruze sriv with the same 1.6 for less than 30k list price?

AstraTurbo03
22nd May 2013, 07:48 PM
All's I said is that it MIGHT sell better if it had a Holden Badge as Opel isn't well known here. I've never had Opel customer service but I'm guessing since they are pretty new here their Customer service would probably be good for the first few years anyway.

But I hope the sales pick up soon as it looks like a really nice car the 2 liter turbo anyway :)

Vectracious
22nd May 2013, 07:57 PM
neither was Skoda but now I see Octavia VRS left right and centre.

Give them a bit of time, as long as they keep the advertising up and the prices down they will be fine.

Yes the OPC is a great car - but so is the rest of the range - although the updated Corsa will be a welcome addition.

poita
22nd May 2013, 08:00 PM
Maybe Nissan should rethink the launch of Infinity in Australia too, no one knows who they are........

Vectracious
22nd May 2013, 08:03 PM
Maybe Nissan should rethink the launch of Infinity in Australia too, no one knows who they are........

What about Lexus back in 1990 here in Australia - another unknown brand. Now look at them.

Specnut727
22nd May 2013, 08:23 PM
Corsa update ???? When, and will it include the OPC ?

Vectracious
22nd May 2013, 08:41 PM
Corsa update ???? When, and will it include the OPC ?

Probably not for another year at least. One of the main criticisms that Opel received was that the Corsa is old (only because its been around since 2006 in Europe)

Whether people think it is old or not is up to them and if they think it is they don't have to buy it - but at least it will shut the journalists up who use it as a criticism.