PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a new Astra

dutchy
23rd September 2012, 08:30 PM
The time has come that I had to buy a baby transport vehicle as my g sri-t isnt really suitable for that purpose (nor is the new gtc or opc, need 4 doors). Sooooooooooooooo yesterday the guys and girl at Opel Brisbane twisted my arms and nuts pretty hard that I had to order an Astra Sport (1.6t) with optional 19" wheels, Flexride and the premium forward lighting package. It's a manual and the colour is asteroid grey. Will know more soon about the delivery date. My current sri-t will be sadly missed :sad: :cryin: :sad: :cryin: :sad: so I hope this new one will give me as much joy as the other one did. Good thing though is that the engine bay of the new Astra has loads more room for......:wink5:

dub_sri
23rd September 2012, 08:34 PM
Great news, they look amazing. Wish I could have one...

guy 27
23rd September 2012, 08:35 PM
Again congratulations :) can't wait to check your new toy out. Also remember you're welcome to park the Sri-t here if you like ;)

Ice
23rd September 2012, 08:39 PM
awesome work mate. you'll love having a new car!

faneca
23rd September 2012, 08:53 PM
Congrats on the purchase! You can bring the SRiT to mine if you like. I understand guy has too many cars as it is hahah ;)

poita
23rd September 2012, 08:59 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate :)

HoldenAstra
23rd September 2012, 10:41 PM
Congrats! The options you picked are very sweet!

SIMid
24th September 2012, 08:42 AM
Congrats!! :) Seen the colour, it's one I would choose as well! :) :)

dutchy
24th September 2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks all for the nice comments. Am pretty happy with it but it hurts to let the sri-t go. Will let you know soon what is going to happen with the sri-t. Guess first thing is to order new 3d Opelaus stickers. I've already looked into some goodies and some parts of the z20lex engines do fit the 1.6t (which I assume is called the A16let). Simple easy phase 1 remap will bring the power to 230hp and 300nm of torque so that's not too bad. Will post pics once it arrives :smile5:

Wraith
24th September 2012, 12:37 PM
Nice, Congrats :)

I believe your no.2 on here now with a new AJ Astra...

Hopefully your nuts are not still sore from the sales people, if they are hopefully it was the girl doing the twisting LOL :D

dutchy
24th September 2012, 12:56 PM
Nice, Congrats :)

I believe your no.2 on here now with a new AJ Astra...

Hopefully your nuts are not still sore from the sales people, if they are hopefully it was the girl doing the twisting LOL :D

Hihihi, yeah................... nuts have healed :lol: Wife is happy too.

While at the dealer in Brisbane, saw a white Astra GTC ready for delivery.................. (:thumbs: to the person that ordered it, slick looking car you're getting mate........ love it in that colour too).

poita
24th September 2012, 03:48 PM
That would belong to CJB ;)

dutchy
24th September 2012, 05:52 PM
That would belong to CJB ;)

Yes indeed.

glider
24th September 2012, 06:27 PM
*mega like*

looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

mickos
24th September 2012, 06:43 PM
Should be a nice rig to drive around in:thumbs:

ozgroover
24th September 2012, 07:31 PM
You'll love it. I picked up my manual sport (red) with Flexride, premium forward lighting and 19" wheel on Thursday and i's FANTASTIC. I haven't had the chance to go on a long drive yet, but around town it's beautiful to drive. The Flexride is amazing... When do you take delivery of yours?

SAMARAI
24th September 2012, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the car mate! Chuck us a few photos ;)

CJB
24th September 2012, 09:18 PM
Yes me!!!!! I get it tomorrow !!!!!

dutchy
24th September 2012, 10:39 PM
Yes me!!!!! I get it tomorrow !!!!!

Looks great, saw it on Saturday. Enjoy it mate. I hope to have more info soon on when they can deliver mine.

CJB
26th September 2012, 07:44 PM
Looks great, saw it on Saturday. Enjoy it mate. I hope to have more info soon on when they can deliver mine.

They are worth any wait you might have... congrats on the new car.

dutchy
26th September 2012, 09:22 PM
They are worth any wait you might have... congrats on the new car.

Thx, no problem waiting as long as its here by January.

dub_sri
29th September 2012, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't have that kind of patience, i'd be going mad calling them every day.

dutchy
29th September 2012, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't have that kind of patience, i'd be going mad calling them every day.

I normally would do too but i this case I still love my sri-t too much and more than the new one so am not in a hurry at all to change over :smile5:

dsuhiti91
30th September 2012, 09:35 AM
We delivered an Asteroid Grey GTC yesterday and the colour is amazing, awesome choice mate!

dutchy
30th September 2012, 06:47 PM
We delivered an Asteroid Grey GTC yesterday and the colour is amazing, awesome choice mate!

Cheers mate, am pretty happy with it too though havent seen that colour in the flesh yet. Picked it from the booklet.

dutchy
2nd October 2012, 12:08 PM
Chris from Opel Brisbane called me today and said there is no dealerstock available in Oz in the colour that I want with all the options. Can get black or red but I want asteroid grey. It'll be ordered from the factory now and arrive in about 3 months or so. I can wait, no worries. Gives me a bit more time to make love to my sri-t.

guy 27
2nd October 2012, 12:10 PM
you really don't want to let the g go do you ;)

dutchy
2nd October 2012, 12:43 PM
you really don't want to let the g go do you ;)

Nah, prefer not to but I know where its possibly going so makes it a bit easier.

dutchy
16th November 2012, 10:25 PM
Chris from Opel Brisbane informed me that my new Astra might arrive on January 12 :woohoo:

faneca
16th November 2012, 10:39 PM
Chris from Opel Brisbane informed me that my new Astra might arrive on January 12 :woohoo:

Yay!!!!! You must be super excited

dutchy
16th November 2012, 11:21 PM
Yay!!!!! You must be super excited

Well, not super excited but somewhat excited :swg: . Don't look forward parting with my current Astra.

guy 27
16th November 2012, 11:22 PM
can always park it at my place. ;)

dutchy
16th November 2012, 11:24 PM
can always park it at my place. ;)

The new one or the old one ?

guy 27
16th November 2012, 11:26 PM
i'm not fussy :lol:

dutchy
7th February 2013, 10:58 PM
Ok, so it's been a long patient wait (and sleepless nights after losing the sri-t) but now the time has come that I can't go without a car anymore. The great good guys OpelBrisbane have offered me a loan car to drive till my new one arrives. Massive cheers to Chris :thumbs: I'll pick it up next Thursday. Chris informed me that my new car is on the docks in Europe ready to be shipped :woohoo1: :woohoo: :woohoo1: and due to arrive in Australia in the first days of March. The best news I had today.

faneca
7th February 2013, 11:11 PM
great news pete! im sure your pleased to hear that its not too far away :)

dutchy
7th February 2013, 11:17 PM
great news pete! im sure your pleased to hear that its not too far away :)

Got that right. Am curious too what the loan car will be. Would it....... nah.... it wouldn't be an opc.........nah.......or would it be an opc ? lol

faneca
7th February 2013, 11:22 PM
if it is an OPC you must run and get a lottery ticket! id imagine itd be maybe the demo astra sports?

dutchy
7th February 2013, 11:26 PM
Really do not care that much what they give me, as long as its got 4 wheels and an engine :smile5:

dutchy
17th February 2013, 10:23 PM
So Opel Brisbane has given me an Astra on loan till the one that I ordered arrives (not too long now). I picked the loan car up last Friday and had a nice long drive back home to the coast. The car they gave me is brand new with 79 kilometers on the clock. It’s colour is summit white and it’s the 1.4 turbo with automatic transmission base model. Just a 1.4….. ahhhhh, like a ride on mower….. BUT I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the engine responsiveness. Though it’s not a rocket compared to my old Astra, it’s still quite a quick little engine that sits around 2000 rpm cruising on the highway and will get you up to speed with ease and has low fuel usage as a bonus. Am not personally a fan though of an automatic transmission and it gives a bit of a weird feeling when the engine comes off boost. The interior is pretty basic but has all the things you need. Cloth seats are pretty comfy and adjustable in all ways. The sound out of the radio system is rather good. Love the windscreen wipers that go from center to outside of the windows. Some gadgets come in handy (ie. an oil life meter….). The boot is bigger than I expected and is actually very deep so holds a lot of stuff. I wish it had a thicker steering wheel though and that the indicators are swapped over to the right side but those are personal preferences. So, if you’re looking for a new car but can’t afford the more expensive models, have a look, smell, feel and drive at one of the cheapest base models ! They are actually very nice to drive and have a solid feel to them.

faneca
17th February 2013, 10:27 PM
nice little review Pete! any mention of a eta on yours?

dutchy
17th February 2013, 10:30 PM
Yep, very early March first or second week. It's on the boat as we speak (probably with a large shipment of opc's..... :smile5: )

faneca
17th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Sweeet. Will be interesting to see how yours will compare to the one your driving around now

dutchy
17th February 2013, 11:36 PM
That will be a lot different. Got much bigger wheels, 1.6 engine instead of the 1.4 which has got more power / torque, different leather seats, flexride adjustable suspension etc.... With the base model priced much lower, one will expect a much different ride. But hey, it's still great value at that price they sell the cheapest Astra for.

Veccy-WOOT
18th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Congrats, sounds like you're one is gona be pretty awesome ^_^

hazrd
18th February 2013, 09:35 AM
Nice work Pete. Its great to know that the guys at Opel Brisbane are looking after you so much :)

dutchy
15th March 2013, 10:22 PM
So Chris from Opel Brisbane called me today informing me that my car has finally ARRIVED :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1::woohoo: Will pick it up on Monday.

guy 27
15th March 2013, 10:28 PM
thats great news! :)

poita
15th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Great news Pete!

faneca
15th March 2013, 11:01 PM
Awesome news pete!

dutchy
15th March 2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah, happy as can be. It was nice that they lend me a brand new car for the past weeks, really helped me out, but am too affraid to damage it. Will give the loaner a wash on Sunday and get it back to them "as new" and by that time with 2000 ks more on the clock. So first things to happen to the car on Monday is to put the Opelaus sticker on and some de-lettering on the rear. Wanna take the words Astra and Turbo off it's arse. Ah, almost forgot, the extremely nice groupbuy doorsills will be in as well.

Ice
16th March 2013, 09:22 AM
Ok now your super excited ;) I would be to, this weekend will go like an eternity haha. Post some pics right out of the dealership and then after debadged and no need for anymore Opelizing :p

poita
16th March 2013, 09:29 AM
Good luck with changing the opel badge on the boot :lol:

dutchy
17th March 2013, 09:46 AM
Good luck with changing the opel badge on the boot :lol:

Will only take the words "Astra" and "turbo" off. :) I know the Opel logo doesn't come off.

dutchy
17th March 2013, 09:47 AM
Ok now your super excited ;) I would be to, this weekend will go like an eternity haha. Post some pics right out of the dealership and then after debadged and no need for anymore Opelizing :p

I will

dutchy
19th March 2013, 08:31 PM
So I didnt get to pick up the car yesterday so I drove to Brisbane today. This one is a much better drive than the 1.4 standard model I got on loan. The loaner was still a nice car to drive but this Sports model drives like a totally different car. Still no rocket this 1.6 turbo but fast enough to keep you happy for a little while. The 19 inch wheels and better low profile tires makes a difference in handling and grip. The leather seats are a pleasure for your arse. I didnt have much time to play around on the way back. The Flexride system put a big smile on my face. The different settings change the driving experience completely. Better throttle response, firmer suspension, better feel in steering wheel. It also changes the colour of the dash but that's just a minor thing. LOVED the sport setting. Electric handbrake, great. The sound (which is the infinity sound pack I think) is an absolute cracker. More info as I drive along and get to know the features. Anyway, am pretty happy that I bought this car though I still miss my sri-t. Here some random pics. Ah yeah, had a good look at some of the OPC's they had at Opel Brisbane :arf: The OPC is de-lettered (someone actually stole the badges) and that is what I am going to do as well.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00116_zps1c7966ce.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00117_zps0265c5ba.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00115_zps4b9ef220.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00114_zps384a63f6.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00118_zpsb875a015.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00120_zps4b041b78.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00113_zpse057588a.jpg
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00112_zps3d161608.jpg
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00110_zps39cd871a.jpg

guy 27
19th March 2013, 08:34 PM
congratulations! love the colour as well.

dutchy
19th March 2013, 08:35 PM
Cheers Guy. Colour picks up surrounding colours so at times it can look a bit blue or brown. This is asteroid grey.

hazrd
19th March 2013, 09:10 PM
Looks the goods mate. Glad you finally got it!

Ice
19th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Niiiice! How many Ks you put in it haha

hazrd
19th March 2013, 10:08 PM
sorta on topic.... but i just realised, the OPC you saw at the dealership is featured in this ;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577579_626456474047901_165983742_n.jpg

poita
19th March 2013, 11:17 PM
Looks awesome Pete! That colour really does suit the car well.

Enjoy it mate, looking forward to how it pans out over time.

scamp
21st March 2013, 11:23 AM
Nice one mate , car looks the goods . Enjoy it buddy , If you find you don't like it enough you can give it to me and I'll give you my 92 statesman ......... lol:lol:

dutchy
21st March 2013, 02:33 PM
Cheers mate. Nah, this Astra will do for now. You can keep the statesman.

scamp
21st March 2013, 03:08 PM
Cheers mate. Nah, this Astra will do for now. You can keep the statesman.

BUGGER !! :sadpanda:

SIMid
25th March 2013, 08:37 AM
So Chris from Opel Brisbane called me today informing me that my car has finally ARRIVED :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1::woohoo: Will pick it up on Monday.

How long did it take? Mrs ordered hers, still waiting since late January ......

dutchy
25th March 2013, 08:44 AM
How long did it take? Mrs ordered hers, still waiting since late January ......

I ordered in September but because I wanted a new 2013 colour plus every possible option, I knew I was only getting the car in 2013. Was hoping for second half of January actually but that became March. But it's worth the wait. What did the Mrs order ?

SIMid
25th March 2013, 08:49 AM
I ordered in September but because I wanted a new 2013 colour plus every possible option, I knew I was only getting the car in 2013. Was hoping for second half of January actually but that became March. But it's worth the wait. What did the Mrs order ?

Just the "Select" with Leather Pack. Was going to opt for the larger wheels, but 17s are good enough for her. Plus the KMs she will put on, 17s would be suitable for her daily use. She stoked, but the wait is killing her. :lol: Waiting for Mia to get back with a confirmation date. Was suppose to be a few weeks ago for delivery.......

dutchy
25th March 2013, 08:56 AM
Just the "Select" with Leather Pack. Was going to opt for the larger wheels, but 17s are good enough for her. Plus the KMs she will put on, 17s would be suitable for her daily use. She stoked, but the wait is killing her. :lol: Waiting for Mia to get back with a confirmation date. Was suppose to be a few weeks ago for delivery.......

It's worth the wait. What colour did she order ? The colour might be what is holding it back.

SIMid
26th March 2013, 09:13 AM
It's worth the wait. What colour did she order ? The colour might be what is holding it back.

She chose Astroid Grey. Got semi-confirmation this morning that the boat will arrive in April. Prob is that we are away in April. :lol:

Vectracious
26th March 2013, 09:37 AM
bit late - but congrats on getting the car Pete - looks great :thumbs:

dutchy
26th March 2013, 02:05 PM
She chose Astroid Grey. Got semi-confirmation this morning that the boat will arrive in April. Prob is that we are away in April. :lol:

Well, there you go, asteroid grey, same colour as mine :yesnod: Might be that that's the delay. There are plenty of other colours in stock at other dealers but just not this one.

dutchy
26th March 2013, 02:07 PM
bit late - but congrats on getting the car Pete - looks great :thumbs:

Cheers mate. Finally got it hey. It drives better than the standard 1.4 you saw the other day. Am pretty happy with it. Could do with some more power though but we'll leave that for now. :wink5:

SIMid
26th March 2013, 02:07 PM
Well, there you go, asteroid grey, same colour as mine :yesnod: Might be that that's the delay. There are plenty of other colours in stock at other dealers but just not this one.

Mia did say it was a popular colour. She's hanging though ... :lol: Was hoping to get it before her Bday last week, but it didn't happen. :(

dutchy
26th March 2013, 02:21 PM
Mia did say it was a popular colour. She's hanging though ... :lol: Was hoping to get it before her Bday last week, but it didn't happen. :(
Hang in there. The colour is really nice. Got gold specs in it depending how the light shines. Turns from grey to blueish to brownish gold at times.

When you get it, take the astra and turbo letters off straight away. They come off real easy. They are different letter types and different colours too. Much better without them.

SIMid
27th March 2013, 08:55 AM
Hang in there. The colour is really nice. Got gold specs in it depending how the light shines. Turns from grey to blueish to brownish gold at times.

When you get it, take the astra and turbo letters off straight away. They come off real easy. They are different letter types and different colours too. Much better without them.

Na, will leave it as is. Not my car! If I start tinkering with it, she may crack it!

ffforever
15th April 2013, 12:58 PM
nice, love the look of the Astra

dutchy
15th April 2013, 01:07 PM
nice, love the look of the Astra

Thanks. It's starting to grow on me.

Did change a couple of things though. Took off the letters on the boot and put on smoked side indicators;

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC01499_zps320510cb.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/Delettered2_zpsa236523f.jpg