PDA

View Full Version : Impending Delivery....

ozgroover
18th September 2012, 04:50 PM
I'm super excited about my impending delivery of a shiny new Opel Astra Sport in Power Red complete with 19" wheels, FlexRide and premium forward lighting - manual of course.. Hopefully delivery is tomorrow, if not it'll be Thursday.

guy 27
18th September 2012, 04:52 PM
congratulations.

Nurb608
18th September 2012, 04:54 PM
Congrats mate!

03srit
18th September 2012, 05:20 PM
Congrats! Make sure you write a quick review when you get it :P

sooty
18th September 2012, 05:25 PM
Congrats, pics when you pick it up

dutchy
18th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Nice one mate. Is it the red one they just got delivered in Brisbane ?

Vectracious
18th September 2012, 07:17 PM
Congrats and Welcome :)

I think you'll be the first owner of the new range on the site - we'll be looking forward to some pics :thumbs:

guy 27
18th September 2012, 07:23 PM
I think you'll be the first owner of the new range on the site

nope. already a couple of members ;)

Vectracious
18th September 2012, 07:28 PM
nope. already a couple of members ;)

where?

guy 27
18th September 2012, 07:36 PM
one in perth and one in bris. not sure i've they have got delivery yet.

Vectracious
18th September 2012, 07:43 PM
one in perth and one in bris. not sure i've they have got delivery yet.

haven't seen posts :(

Anyway - looking forward to some pics of this one if it gets delivered tomorrow :)

metry
18th September 2012, 07:45 PM
gratz mate. better throw some pics up for us

mickos
18th September 2012, 08:15 PM
Some nice features in the new opels!

ChrisMaz
18th September 2012, 11:33 PM
Enjoy it mate!

Wraith
19th September 2012, 01:09 PM
Congrats...

Looks like the new AJ Astra has begun to populate this forum :)

faneca
19th September 2012, 01:13 PM
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics :)

Hoss
19th September 2012, 08:25 PM
Well done. Look forward to the pics

JamesSRiT
19th September 2012, 11:31 PM
Nicey!!! :)

poita
19th September 2012, 11:35 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate!

Throw up some pics when you get it

Ice
20th September 2012, 08:59 AM
common groover show us your pics ;)

ozgroover
24th September 2012, 07:45 PM
Well I picked up the car on Thursday, sorry for the delay in putting up some pics.

What can I say about the car, but it's fantastic. This is an upgrade from a 2005 (Holden) Astra. I loved that can and this one is so much nicer. The finish is perfect and it's a great drive. The Flexride is just amazing - the difference in the modes is brilliant. I travel on the freeway a bit and Touring mode is great for that, and then switch to Sports for getting around the suburbs.

The premium forward lighting (adaptive lighting) just blows my mind. Watching the lights "adjust" themselves at night is quite trippy. It's definately the best car I've owned.

There are however 2 minor disappointments:
1. No bluetooth audio (no biggie as the USB port is in a good location - although till Apple have USB cables available for the iPhone 5 I have to remember to take my 1 and only cable with me)
2. The Sat Nav although functional does lack a few features that I'd like - like voice control or at least touch screen.

So now for the pics....

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3672/frontcjl.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img805/5759/sideo.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img812/6888/interiorzo.jpg

PS. I purchased it from Metro Opel (http://www.metroopel.com.au/) in Moonee Ponds Vic.

Ice
24th September 2012, 07:48 PM
oh thats very nice ! looks great in red, i can imagine your stocked :) re: bluetooth.....it really should be standard nowadays.

faneca
24th September 2012, 08:12 PM
car looks very nice mate! glad you are happy with it :)

SAMARAI
24th September 2012, 08:48 PM
Very classy mate! Enjoy the next breed of opel ;)

mickos
24th September 2012, 08:56 PM
Looks the goods! The inside door handle looks huge, Does it have a temp gauge on the dash?
Looks like they thought of adding some storage compartments in these models

dutchy
24th September 2012, 09:03 PM
:thumbs: nice

Vectracious
24th September 2012, 10:51 PM
Looks great. Congrats on the purchase.

daves_cally
25th September 2012, 01:31 AM
That red is awesome! Very nice

ozgroover
25th September 2012, 08:12 AM
Does it have a temp gauge on the dash?

It sure does - the two small gauges are petrol and temp.

ozgroover
25th September 2012, 08:13 AM
That red is awesome! Very nice

and it looks even better in real life - the photos don't do it justice.

dsuhiti91
25th September 2012, 11:24 AM
Congrat mate! It's insane how even the 20 inch wheels look small under that body.

Surprised aluminum medals are an option even on the Sports model.

mickos
25th September 2012, 11:29 AM
Very noice
Is there storage under the headlights switch also?
Hows the economy so far?

It sure does - the two small gauges are petrol and temp.

ChrisMaz
25th September 2012, 11:34 AM
Very noice
Is there storage under the headlights switch also?
Hows the economy so far?

Yeah it has a small pull out drawer like what the Vectras have.

dutchy
25th September 2012, 12:38 PM
Congrat mate! It's insane how even the 20 inch wheels look small under that body.

they are 19 inch. standard are 18's

dsuhiti91
25th September 2012, 01:21 PM
they are 19 inch. standard are 18's

Got confused with the 20inch GTC wheels, look very similar.

dub_sri
26th September 2012, 07:59 AM
Damn that is a good looking car. Congrats!

Wraith
26th September 2012, 01:21 PM
Looks good, there's a very similar one the South Yarra showroom ATM...

I like this red, Opel are finally using a proper red instead of the earlier orange/red colour :)

SIMid
1st October 2012, 10:21 AM
I like this red, Opel are finally using a proper red instead of the earlier orange/red colour :)

:nono:

Wraith
1st October 2012, 12:47 PM
:nono:

Maybe I'm colour blind Simon :D

SIMid
1st October 2012, 01:13 PM
Maybe I'm colour blind Simon :D

:lol: :)

hazrd
1st October 2012, 01:26 PM
The red is nice but nothing beats MAGMA RED!!!! :D

SIMid
1st October 2012, 02:19 PM
The red is nice but nothing beats MAGMA RED!!!! :D

:chuck:

Hoss
1st October 2012, 02:48 PM
Congrats on a nice ride. Love the colour.

CORZZA
20th October 2012, 01:15 PM
Congrats mate!

ozgroover
20th October 2012, 07:01 PM
Well it's been a month (time flies...) so here is my 1 month round up.

FlexRide - bloody brilliant. I love sport mode for around the burbs and touring mode is great for the freeway.
SatNav - works well but I wish it was either touch screen or had voice control (maybe voice control will come with a future update)
Sunglasses - I know it's trivial but I miss the dedicated sunglass holder from my previous (Holden) Astra. I still sometimes reach for my glasses above the drivers door.
Hill Start - this is great but I'm still not use to it. After driving manuals for 20 years I still expect the roll back
Heated Seats - I was always a "who needs heated seats in Australia" kind of guy, but they're great for those cold mornings
Rear Vision Mirror - I'm still getting use to this because I'm 6'3" and ideally would like the tilt the mirror up another cm but can't
Active headlights - freaky but great
Window/Headlight washer - don't attempt washing the windows and headlights with the windows open - you will get wet
6 Speed Manual - this took a while to get use to. I kept forgetting about 6th gear
Reversing Sensors - work as expected but the hold Astra would beep when you put the car in reverse, these don't so I still sometimes double check I have indeed put the car in reverse
Fuel Economy - this is good. On average I'm getting 600kms a tank
Drink Holders - finally an Astra gets drink holders. I never got over the fact my previous Astra didn't have any.

So all up it's by far the best car I've owned, and while not cheap well worth the money for the style, features and build quality you get.

Personalised Euro style number plates are on their way and I'm following up with the dealer about getting OPC peddle covers and door sill plates.

Oh, and there is an 8 way switch in the middle of the large audio knob and I've yet to find out what it's used for.

Wir leben Autos!

dutchy
21st October 2012, 06:37 PM
:thumbs:

Hows the bluetooth ? Clear sound ? Does it have a separate speaker for mobile phone or does sound come through the normal speakers ?

poita
21st October 2012, 06:59 PM
guy 27

guy 27
21st October 2012, 07:32 PM
guy 27

have tested all the current range :lol:
bluetooths and very loud and clear in the car and for the person on the other end.

Wraith
22nd October 2012, 01:00 PM
Well it's been a month (time flies...) so here is my 1 month round up.

FlexRide - bloody brilliant. I love sport mode for around the burbs and touring mode is great for the freeway.
SatNav - works well but I wish it was either touch screen or had voice control (maybe voice control will come with a future update)
Sunglasses - I know it's trivial but I miss the dedicated sunglass holder from my previous (Holden) Astra. I still sometimes reach for my glasses above the drivers door.
Hill Start - this is great but I'm still not use to it. After driving manuals for 20 years I still expect the roll back
Heated Seats - I was always a "who needs heated seats in Australia" kind of guy, but they're great for those cold mornings
Rear Vision Mirror - I'm still getting use to this because I'm 6'3" and ideally would like the tilt the mirror up another cm but can't
Active headlights - freaky but great
Window/Headlight washer - don't attempt washing the windows and headlights with the windows open - you will get wet
6 Speed Manual - this took a while to get use to. I kept forgetting about 6th gear
Reversing Sensors - work as expected but the hold Astra would beep when you put the car in reverse, these don't so I still sometimes double check I have indeed put the car in reverse
Fuel Economy - this is good. On average I'm getting 600kms a tank
Drink Holders - finally an Astra gets drink holders. I never got over the fact my previous Astra didn't have any.

So all up it's by far the best car I've owned, and while not cheap well worth the money for the style, features and build quality you get.

Personalised Euro style number plates are on their way and I'm following up with the dealer about getting OPC peddle covers and door sill plates.

Oh, and there is an 8 way switch in the middle of the large audio knob and I've yet to find out what it's used for.

Wir leben Autos!

Good stuff and glad to see yoyr enjoying the new car :)

I agree with some of the shortcomings you've listed there, it would be nice having those things you mention but you always adjust and get used to what you have...

The hill start is a great function every car should have this there's nothing good about rolling back on a slope, no need to do the same thing using the hand brake anymore :)

I love the comment about the freaky active headlights, same impression here with my new MB at first as they are active in both horizontal and vertical axis then just as you get used to it you step into another car and it's freaky not having that feature LOL :D

Personalised Euro plates will add a nice finishing touch to the exterior - which size are you going for ?? personally I like the smaller or slim line size on both front and rear...

In time you'll have all the other features worked out - enjoy...

ozgroover
22nd October 2012, 01:05 PM
Personalised Euro plates will add a nice finishing touch to the exterior - which size are you going for ?? personally I like the smaller or slim line size on both front and rear...

I'm the opposite :) I've gone for the full size Euro... They should look great.

Wraith
22nd October 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm the opposite :) I've gone for the full size Euro... They should look great.

No worries I'm sure they will - forgot to ask earlier what colour combo for the plates ??

ozgroover
22nd October 2012, 01:31 PM
forgot to ask earlier what colour combo for the plates ??

White background, black lettering.

Wraith
24th October 2012, 12:38 PM
White background, black lettering.

Nice should look the goods !!!

In my case because I've used the same Euro plates for years and swapped them over to 3 different coloured everyday cars so far I've got those same plates in 3 different colour combos to suit, good thing is to get the same plates in a different colour combo is only a small proportion of the cost to get them in the 1st place and there yours for keeps with no ongoing fees here in Vic. :)